Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!

Go down 
+6
vaibhavab
samridhi
princeton666
karunadhanuka
Nikhita
ankita
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ankita

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-06-11

the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi people…..

It feels great to be writing this. After a long time I'm not writing anything that is supposed to be creative or loaded with heavy weight vocabulary. What I'm going to talk about is something that I feel lot of you guys will agree with me on.

Since last month, I have been interning with Mid-day tabloid. Yeah, the one that sells like hot cakes in Mumbai and\d hardly known in Delhi. Anyways, the point is I was, and am still working with them. The office is located in Noida. That means metro till Barakambha and then, a BUS.

Yes, the eternal, heavenly, commuter's delight- BUS. Fortunately, this is the first time I had to travel regularly in a bus. No, I don't travel in Mercedes otherwise. It's just that my college has a metro station next to it (civil lines). So for the past one year I haven't had the opportunity to travel in this piece of art.

Now the first two days, I traveled in a private bus. I was always busy trying to understand the route or get down at the right sector. So, the conductors obliged me and came to me for the ticket. The third day, I was traveling with a friend in a DTC. After ten minutes, I realized that no conductor had come. I was holding Rs. 20 in my hand, waiting.

And then the guy, came. No, not the conductor but the ticket checker. And wow, I had NO TICKET.

Next minute, he's insulting me in front of the bus, saying that I should travel in a private jet if I expect the conductor to come to me. Who the hell said Ignorance is bliss????

Finally, I got a bail, (sort of) after giving 100 bucks and again purchasing the ticket on top of it. Ordeal over.

But this isn't it. I have met the funniest of characters in this one month, not just guys, girls too!

Type 1: Those who's body aroma (read smell) is so bad that you have to hold on to something to stop yourself from fainting.

Type 2: Who appear to turn deaf when you tell them that they are sitting on a ladies seat. And then someone said men don't like being compared to women. Hah!

Type 3: you tell them to move a little bit, pat comes the reply, madam jagah nahi hai ( No space) but their eyes will move three sixty degrees. Girls will understand what I mean.

Type 4: Ladies. No one will be saying anything to them, and trust me I swear I have observed this, one little push and they are ready to call the women's cell, saying "I'm protecting myself bhai saab".

I never knew why buses were such an ordeal. Now I know why…….

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:47 am

DTC..brings back a lot of memories....college should open soon yaarr...lolz..

i really agree with u ankita, and trust me u should be glad that u dont have to travel in those throughout the year.....and to top it all...u take a bus from barakhamba...thats still much better....try it from the north campus..
a.the bus will never come...u have to wait for over 30 mins sumtimes....
b. even if it comes...there's not even space for a snail to get it in, forget urself...and ui ultimately end up takin a private bus, cursing yourself that yeh maine half an hour pehle kyun nahi kiya...

but all in all...travellin in DTC is an experience in itself...wat say;)
Back to top Go down
karunadhanuka

karunadhanuka

Female Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Well said nikhita. And I sympathise with you also ankita. It happens with me a lot of times:x . And i have no access to U-special or metro so I have to travel in those dirty public buses only. and by the time metro comes to my coolege I'll be out of it:( .
Back to top Go down
princeton666

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:28 pm

hey guys...all of u r rt
travellin in buses is truly "the experince of a lifetime"
all d worlds wierdos n all d worlds u noe wats " pig " r easily accessible if ur a regular bus commuter!!!
but deres nothing much tat can b done, considerin its d cheapest nd the most reasonable...
Back to top Go down
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Ya, don't we all know how it is every morning and afternoon in the buses.But I guess,what does'nt kill you makes you stronger!!! queen
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:37 pm

TRUE
DTC is indeed the best way to travel in delhi if one wants to experience the real Delhi. Im a veteran at it, im sure when i started travelling alone in a DTC bus, almost everyone present here was blissfully going to school either in their school buses or with their parents or some other means, but certainly not in alone in DTC bus!
Or was anyone of u? i mean was anyone travelling in a DTC bus at the age of 10? Whatever! Not really relevant to teh topic here, is it?

the important thing is that, {not intending to sound too philosophical nor cliched} observing the people in a DTC bus, one gets to see the cosmopolitan nature of Delhi...the amalgamation of the cultures for which Delhi has been famous through the ages.

And not to mention, the cushioned seats of the DTC bus {when u are lucky enough to get one! } i mean, i find them more comfortable than the upholstery of a Maruti!

hamare (including me, mervyn and a few others) liye to college life ka most integral part DTC u special!
JAI HO DTC KI !

cheers cheers cheers three cheers !!!
Back to top Go down
mervyn.samuel.george

mervyn.samuel.george

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 10:50 pm

VB aka Max...love you dude....dil ki baat bol di....
chal bhaag seat lootni hai.....lolz Very Happy

Come on,

Nehu
Pragya aka pup
RJ
Doraemon

daudho..seat looto hahahahehehehe
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:05 am

haaahaa...right mervy.i really miss "our" special when it does not turn up.everybody has some experiences to share..i cant forget one of my sad experiences..one fails to believe that my most cherished NOKIA 2620 was yanked off (in our U-special)..sob sob!!!Sad i still miss mah phone...but now i have a reason to rejoice..i got NOKIA 3230 with all those technologies.. yyipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i just love to travel by DTC busses with all my friends.the only difference is that i have learnt to be wary of strangers..
Back to top Go down
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 am

eventhough i have mostly the option of travelling by car availible i do prefer the buses and other forms of public transport like the metro and rtv.the sole reason being that it helps me connected to the "real world" .

only when u travel by public transport can u understand ur city and its citizens.whether they are helpful or courteous,honest ,rowdy etc etc can be determined 4m here.of course travellling by personal transport is more like living in a glass house where u can "disconnect" 4m wat surrounds you.
Back to top Go down
siddheshmehra

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 7:08 pm

i hate the idea of getting into a dtc bus there in delhi. i feel the bombay best buses are much better to travel in. at least the conductor comes up to you to sell the ticket. even otherwise, i would prefer to travel in a car in delhi, while in bombay, i might give the buses a pick.
Back to top Go down
http://siddheshmehra.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!   the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the best way to travel in delhi-DTC!!!!!
Page 1 of 1