Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Empty
PostSubject: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:38 pm

hi everyone

recently the correspondants (led by merve)landed up at old fort and humayun's tomb 4 taking pics .i ve been born and brought up in delhi and am 20 yrs now.i must admit that it was my first time to these places and i m still to see the birla temple and qutub minar amongst others.

i was completely dumbstruck by the magnificence of these structures.they have been reasonably well maintained given standard s of restoration work in india ,but were completely empty. these places offer excellent opportunies 4 spending time wid family ,friends or just ur shadow! there were a few goras there .....thats abt it. India Gate ..wich is usually crowded is a welcome exception to the "empty look" that these places bear. i put up this question to my french class whether they had visited these spots .most of em replied "No". tho we visited the spots on a weekday..i imagine that weekends wear a bare look also as oppoesed to the malls and multiplexes,pubs,discos .Perhaps this is a loud statement made by Delhites that "The symbols of Delhi have indeed changed" and that "They'd rather take their heritage for granted".The symbols of a city also essentially constitute facililites and places where there is massive activity and which a city can t do without......the metro,dtc and blue lines , local markets,the business districts like cp and ito,gurgaon and noida(!),mobile telephony,street vendors,coffee shops ,fast food joints,universities,India
Gate
(thank God!) etc etc

Campus 18 correspondants ...maybe we really need a rethink about what we wanna shoot.So "The night club Elevate" is that on our list??
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:43 pm

Ajay, we really would not mind shooting Elevate but i daresay wahan ke entry charges dene ke liye hamari trip corporate sponsors se sponsor karani padegi!
Back to top Go down
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 2:26 pm

lol....yeah man expensive
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:22 pm

hmmm...daz d scene evrywher man...!!i've lived in calcutta for 16 yrs but i've neva been inside victoria memorial or been on a boatride on d hooghli river!!!but malls like forum n city-centre i frequent religiously!!!Embarassed

u got me thinkin...i think i'll go fr a boatride tommorrow!!1
n blog abt it day after!!!Smile
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 pm

btw...add birla planetorium n indian museum too to d list too!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:41 am

its so well thought abt... i did my grads frm delhi n in thoses years i explored every part of it but the one's u named... man nw i feel wat a waste i was, rather am... wud definetly explore atleast one of thm on my next visit...
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:42 am

i wonder why arent ppl replying to this one...
Back to top Go down
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:36 pm

@ parul....

well i m not surprised that u agree with me on dis..........infact many do...its a fairly large club now!!!

ever visited bahai mandir or the old city or travelled on the metro???

is it d same situation in pune??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?   Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have Delhi 's "symbols" changed?
Page 1 of 1