Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are You From dELHI???????????????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
akshita maithani

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Are You From dELHI??????????????? Empty
PostSubject: Are You From dELHI???????????????   Are You From dELHI??????????????? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:27 am

Hi...okay so are u like from Delhi...?/????How many people have come across this question ...iam sure many of us have.You start working somewhere,meet new friends,enter a new college or intern anywhere,this question comes follows.Sharing my experience i have to notify that this question wasn't quite easy for me initially as I have always grown up and done my schooling from this city itself.Now in the final year at Delhi University.
Its just now that i feel somewhat used to this question.The question is usually followed by the mentioning of one's school and college.This line often comes with supplementary one-liners or remarks that can at times graduate this city to the rank of a demon.'Okay so u are from Delhi only...oh..must say this city stinks'.Yeah, now how does one feel about that or rather how do one takes thses fabulous comments offered by a person whom you have just met a few minutes ago???????Next in line comes 'oh god so much of traffic,my heart pounds' or 'the water here, its so bad...n oh god its the crime capital also'.So, one sees the capital of one's country being reduced to rubbles in a flick of a second.Onway is to laugh it off or the other way is to go to the ful circle of conversations and see their framework of mind that helps them make such dispositions.Hah I take both according to the situation and ususally go for the latter option.
Just get talking to them and you'll feel as if your feet in your mouth would have been so much better rather than you conversing them and hearing their heated arguments.At times one feels they all should be placed in a criticising committee for India,they'll win accolades.At times I wonder if they are some enemy country's secret agents8).
In the end they are just our own people coming from various parts of our very own beautiful country,only thier views make them so alienated.
I think i won't say much because i don't think its required.The prosecution of the case finds its own disourse while i fight my way out for 'dilli dilwalon ki' when in the end say "Yes I'll be coming to delhi after my post graduation to WORK here".That pretty much sums it up.Lets face it!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
macroman5000

macroman5000

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Are You From dELHI??????????????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You From dELHI???????????????   Are You From dELHI??????????????? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:43 am

they say it ( lots of delhi ppl also say things like this ) because they dont really know delhi
what they see is ppl on the road trying to make a living - but they dont get to see the same ppl relaxing delhi style in the eve
mmmm i'd say - that delhi is the best most cultures...eet ees faaaan
Back to top Go down

Are You From dELHI???????????????
Page 1 of 1