Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-09

"Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby Empty
PostSubject: "Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby   "Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 11:38 pm

I know i ve hit on a topic that is close to everybody 's heart -men and women alike-Shopping.I recently shopped till i dropped at the Gurgaon mallls and trust me it made me feel good....

They call it "Retail Therapy" . Therapeutic hmmm......i guess because we are nowadays constantly trying to acquire and can t tolerate losing/disposing.it s this desire that makes us choose our courses ,jobs and overtime at office.this is what makes engineering ,MBA,CA etc etc so popular as well!our life is centered around the "desire to acquire"the purchase that is made is the fruit of that effort. thats what my dad says !oh yeah is he proud of our car or what.....eventhough its 14 year old now!

But Hey i don't earn and i bet u probably dont either!!!!(And Campus 18 doesnt pay us either!)so why did i feel good???its really an empty feeling i guess.....what i see in my new clothes is just "trend and fit".i ll surely throw them away .... i ll probably see the act of their disposition as a "job" and get irritated by it.Side effects of the therapy !Beware!.unlike my dad who would make efforts to utilise them somehow still through repair or something and exercise his creativity in the process!!things that come "free and easy" are seldom valued.
Moral
"Retail Therapy" does work but only for those who do work.For everyone else its just a temporary titilation of their senses.

My advice-dont give a damn about the moral.Go shop if u have to.Tell ur parents about its wonders.
Back to top Go down
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

"Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby   "Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:02 pm

he he he nice one.i love the way how u've touch on all aspects.
Back to top Go down

"Retail Therapy".Bring it On Baby
Page 1 of 1