Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My blog "Argumentative Columban"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Apoorv

Apoorv

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-09

My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Empty
PostSubject: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:48 pm

In the Glory of green &gold,amen

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.This is my space,m a fresher in this circuit so guyzz plz cooperate. well about me?? well, firstly,I am an alert and responsible citizen of India and am here to share with you my views regarding the contemporary topics surrounding our society.In India, they say, everyone has Freedom of speech, thought and expression. Il make an attempt to exercise dat right to the fullest on this esteemed platform,thnx to campus 18.

I am a passout of St Columba's school,New delhi and am currently pursuing my grad in Economics fom University of Delhi. I dont like praisin myself much,but in general, people find me an easygoin and fun loving kinda chap who isnt bothered about tomorrow.They say, i have attitude problems but once i gel in,rest assured peaople, there is no stoping me, cuz MY TIME IS NOW!!

So ppl,I have expresed my views on certain contemporary issues concerning the youth of India,who are the tomorrow of this country. Please do leave a feedback, so that i can ameliorate my work as i believe "man is a learner till he dies".

Thankyou for showing your intrest, looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:04 pm

really want to know your opinion on contemporary issues concerning the youth..have you written it somewhere??
Back to top Go down
Apoorv

Apoorv

PostSubject: India Shining   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Someone rightly said "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, of legend, and of tradition. The most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man, no doubt are treasured up and are to be found nowhere else but here only."

India epitomizes the notion, unity in diversity, diversity not only in terms of religion and races, but also, in terms of distinctive traits and ways of living. Let’s acknowledge it, India is a Great nation, but the question that arises here is that are we, the youth, living up to the expectations of this great nation?

U n I claim to be patriotic,but wat exactly is patriotism?..It is also a constant reminder that it is we, the youth who have the power to start affecting a change.The word Patriotism attempts to appeal to the youth, to make a difference and try to change the primitive mindsets and sincerely question the arcane ideologies that dictate the norm.Patriotism, is an appeal to the nation, to the youth more candidly, who are the tomorrow of this country, to stand up, and take matters in their own hands, to do something and not just complain that everything in this country is useless, hopeless and nothing can be done about it, but to see to it that each and every one of us holds himself responsible for the current ‘sorry’ state of affairs.

If today's children are the true citizens of tomorrow and if they are the true wealth of our country, all parents, teachers and society as a whole should work hard to mould such a generation that is aware of its duties as a citizen and develops patriotism, and talents in various disciplines within themselves.

India is already, on its road, to wide-spread economic boon and industrial expansion, a rising Indian middle-class and a whole new generation of young Indians hold interesting potentials to the change the expression of nationalism in India forever. Each individual therefore must and should make a constant endeavor to combine his knowledge and experience to promulgate India’s distinct form of industrial and scientific development.

This growth is a source of pride and nationalism amongst young Indians, who foresee living in an advanced Indian society. Many young Indians envisage that by 2020, the Indian economy would be strong enough, for India to command a formidable position in world affairs.

Given that India is already the world's largest democracy, a nuclear power with the 3rd largest military base and a population exceeding 1 billion. It is one of the few nations that have always been considered by media as ‘the’ possible future, superpower.

In my opinion, the need of the hour is tolerance. It would require an arduous effort, to work towards building a new India, we all dream of ! that exists as one, progresses as one and recognizes its diversity as its main pillar of strength.

Jai Hind.
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:27 pm

good one apoorv...you should give this speech on 15th august (RED FORT)...ask Dr. Manmohan Singh to take rest this year ..Smile
Back to top Go down
Apoorv

Apoorv

PostSubject: Re: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:31 pm

wud love 2 do that
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:35 pm

i second pragya...dude never knew u were this good...surely, ppl who write speeches for our so called MP's should learn a li'l from you...and the MP's should learn A LOT from the speeches!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My blog "Argumentative Columban"   My blog  "Argumentative Columban" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My blog "Argumentative Columban"
Page 1 of 1