Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save India from this shame!!!!

Go down 
+9
Ritwik
Nikhita
samridhi
ankit govil
mervyn.samuel.george
vaibhavab
Pragya
dhruvkh
biswajit jha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:07 pm

niks,it's not wrong to correct facts...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 pm

i am not against you correcting facts...but am against a few people up on the post who are just fighting because they have to defend what they said...
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Pragya, since my very first post in this thread, i have not once said that i support the Right wing or that i hate the Left wing.
What started as a discussion on the merits or rather demerits of Pratibha patil for the post of the president has turned into something vastly different.

Thanx Ritwik, for that knowledge, but i would still like to know the sources not because i dont believe you but because i want to go through it (hope you will forgive an aspiring journo's curiosity).

Getting back to the topic, can we have a poll to know how many of us present here support Pratibha Patil for the President to set the record straight?
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:19 pm

i agree with you niks..got that..
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm

@vaibhava....i don't support pratibha patil just for a simple reason that i don't think she is a good representative for the country...and i don't want additions to the country's medical bills....hehe....
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 pm

Nice and simple does it. thanx nikhita. Now, if only the others vote, we could get this over with!
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:40 pm

vaibhavA ..in my very first post i raised this very fact..how cn we vote unless madam patil clears the air...we cnt vote unless we know wht the truth is ??
u and me cnt do anything unless patil decides and says "enough".and thn tells us....
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 pm

oye ankit, we aren't actually voting here!!! we are just trying to find out how many on the forum are in agreement to pratibha patil being nominate as the prez!
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:19 pm

evn im nt voting...fr more details on wht im trying to say...read my 1st post in this topic
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:23 pm

i just read it....sorry for reactin lyk that!
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:24 pm

vaibhavab wrote:

And as for people supporting Pratibha Patil, how many of you had even heard her name before her candidature was announced by the Congress? Is it fair that the highest office ofa our country should be occupied by someone who is virtually unknown to a an overwhelming majority of the country's population?
I don't know if it's just me but I didn't know Kalam before he became President. It was the post which put him under the spotlight, it was the post which made his "Ignited Minds" sell etc. etc.

Pratibha is said to be a very qualified person. So she's not a scientist, but she is atleast a seasoned legislator. She's well versed with the constitutions and in time, we'll know what she's capable of.

Kalam returned "Office Of Profit" bill during his term. Pratibha returned one bill (I think "Conversion act") as governor of Raj.
Who knows what she'll be capable of as Pres?

As for "Why her?" I think the answer is simple.

The extreme backward parts of the country recognize the world as a "Man's World" with men ruling the roost. Putting a woman in a visible post such as this makes them question. It's a positive thing.

And before you start commenting on how it's wrong to simply elect a woman just because she's a woman, let's be reminded that Pratibha is QUALIFIED.

And if we didn't know that, we should've watched the Big Fight on NDTV.
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
vaibhavab

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:56 pm

"I don't know if it's just me but I didn't know Kalam before he became President. It was the post which put him under the spotlight, it was the post which made his "Ignited Minds" sell etc. etc."

Yeah, i believe it was just you. I dunno how you define spotlight. Atleast i definitely knew who Kalam was even before his name was up for the President's post and im sure a majority of people posting on this thread would also have known.

"The extreme backward parts of the country recognize the world as a "Man's World" with men ruling the roost. Putting a woman in a visible post such as this makes them question. It's a positive thing."

Do you think the people in the "extreme backward parts of the country", as u refer to them, even care who the Prseident is or what message he/she sends to them? Iam certain that a majority of these people dont even know who the PM and the President of the country are at the moment.And if putting a woman ina visible post such as this makes them question, then they should have questioned long back. Indira Gandhi was a million times more famous tha Pratibha Patil will ever be, and she was the PM for many many 'eventful' years.
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:07 pm

vaibhavab wrote:

Thanx Ritwik, for that knowledge, but i would still like to know the sources not because i dont believe you but because i want to go through it (hope you will forgive an aspiring journo's curiosity).

Sources and proofs:

Vajpayee's role during the Quit India Movement

Quote :
His political opponents have claimed that Mr Vajpayee's testimony before a magistrate on September 1, 1942, was responsible for at least one "freedom fighter" being sentenced to five years' rigorous imprisonment. Ironically, among those who had levelled this charge against him in 1989 was the late P. Rangarajan Kumaramangalam who went on to become a member of the BJP and a Cabinet Minister in Mr Vajpayee's government.
As a Congress MP, Rangarajan Kumaramangalam was a signatory to a letter signed by 52 MPs accusing Mr Vajpayee of playing a "nefarious role" in the Quit India movement.
On every occasion this charge has been raised since 1974 (when Blitz first published an article on the topic), Mr Vajpayee, his party and the Sangh Parivar have responded by dismissing the allegations as baseless. The controversy has, however, refused to die down.
In 1988, there was a investigation into this episode by a team of journalists from Frontline magazine. While it is true that Mr Vajpayee's testimony was not used as evidence in court, it is also equally true that he did sign a confessional statement absolving himself of any role in an incident that had taken place in September 1942 in which a government building at Bateshwar had been damaged by a group opposed to British rule in India. In that statement, Mr Vajpayee also named Liladhar Bajpai alias Kakua as one of those who led the mob that had damaged the building.
Clearly, therefore, while Mr Vajpayee was not directly responsible for Bajpai being sentenced to five years' rigorous imprisonment, he was also by his own admission not an active participant in the Quit India movement.
That Mr Vajpayee was arrested on the occasion was merely due to the fact that he, together with his brother, was among the crowd present on the occasion.
In defence of his having named Bajpai, Mr Vajpayee has clarified that his confessional statement was recorded in Urdu, a language he cannot read, and the statement was not read out to him later. However, Mr Vajpayee did confirm (in an interview with Frontline) that he had indeed signed the statement.
Liladhar Bajpai contended that though the confessional statement signed by Mr Vajpayee was not used as evidence against him in court, it was a major factor in his being sentenced as the Vajpayee brothers were, unlike the rest of their village, educated and hence, considered more dependable in their testimony by the police and the court.
He also suggests that the case of the prosecution very closely mirrored the testimony of the Vajpayee brothers.

link: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2004/04/06/stories/2004040600020800.htm
link to frontline investigation:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl1503/15031220.htm

Allegations against BS Shekhawat:

• In 1947, when he was a policeman in the Sikar Estate Police, he was dismissed for accepting a bribe/misconduct. He was dismissed on 21st August 1947, which probably made him independent India's first corrupt cop in the words of a left politician.
  • Shalini Sharma, close to Shekhawat when he was Rajasthan CM, was accused of supplying women to powerful BJP ministers. Shalini was made VP of the state social welfare board by the Shekhawat regime.
  • In 1994-95, while Shekhawat was CM, his son-in-law Narpat Singh Rajvi was accused of fudging land records, claiming compensation for 750 bighas (about 560 acres) of "his" land that he said had been taken for the Indira Gandhi Canal in Bikaner
  • In October 1992, Rajasthan MLA Surendra Vyas wrote to then home minister S.B. Chavan levelling charges against Shekhawat's nephew for tampering with land records
  • As VP in 2002-2003, Shekhawat invited criticism for his frequent pre-assembly election flights "on state aircraft" to Jodhpur, Kota, Jaipur, Udaipur, Dungarpur-he made a total of 16 trips
  • Shekhawat's tenure as Rajasthan CM (1993-1998) saw an eight-fold increase in the number of rapes

• Despite claims of being secular, in 2002, he publicly said that Rajasthan would become Gujarat if the Congress government did not stop "appeasing Muslims"

link: http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=486442

Joining the British police during the Quit India call, dismissal from service on corruption charges, withdrawing cases against self using chief minister's powers, allegations of corruption and moral turpitude:
http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=486442
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedstudents.in
Ritwik

Ritwik

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Transcripts of a sensational episode of Devil's Advocate in which Karan Thapar interviews Rajnath Singh aboutBhairon Singh Shekhawat's nomination for President and the BJPs allegations against Pratibha Patil:

(The following is a translation of an interview in Hindi)

Karan Thapar: The Outlook magazine claims that on 21 August 1947, when Bhairon Singh Shekhawat was a police sub-inspector in Sikar, he was suspended for taking a bribe from salt traders by Kalyan Singh, the Rao Raja of Sikar. Should such a man be supported by you for President of India?

Rajnath Singh: As far as I know Mr Shekhawat was never suspended during his service period.

Karan Thapar: Have you asked him that question?

Rajnath Singh No, I have never asked him such a question.

Karan Thapar: Then how do you know that this is a fact?

Rajnath Singh: Because I have seen his character and role during that period. And that role was splendid and extraordinary.

Karan Thapar: Outlook has evidence given to them by Braj Mohan Mathur, who says that in company of his brother, Radha Mohan Mathur, Bhairon Singh Shekhawat told them this. Number II, they sheltered Bhairon Singh Shekhawat for five months and Number III, they helped reinstate Shekhawat in the police.

Rajnath Singh: I have no information regarding this. I would only say that since the time Bhairon Singh Shekhawat began his public life his reputation has been spotless.

Karan Thapar: If you don’t have information regarding this that means you have not investigated it.

Rajnath Singh: I have learnt of this (the allegations) from you for the first time.

Karan Thapar: But then the allegations could be true?

Rajnath Singh: No, I don’t accept that.

Karan Thapar: How can you say that? You don’t have evidence

Rajnath Singh: I am well aware of his public life, and since 1952 his public life has been spotless.

Karan Thapar: But people’s public life can be misguiding. The allegations may be true, as you have not investigated them.

Rajnath Singh: I cannot comment on the allegations.

Karan Thapar: That is good enough? I can’t say whether it is true or false, so they could be true. Let me come to the second allegation. Sushma Swaraj, Shekhawat’s spokesperson, has admitted that as Rajasthan Chief Minister in 1977 he withdrew cases against himself brought under the Essential Commodities Act.

Is it fitting that a Chief Minister in his own case should act as judge and jury?

Rajnath Singh: If there was a baseless police complaint (FIR) against him—a case which had no chance in the courts—then it can be taken back. There is nothing wrong in that.

Karan Thapar: Even if the case was baseless, is it fitting that a Chief Minister in how own case become judge and jury? Surely, he should have appointed an independent committee.

Rajnath Singh: One has to see the nature of the case. I won’t comment without knowing about the nature of the case.

Karan Thapar: Once again you are not able to defend him fully.

Rajnath Singh: I don’t think Bhairon Singh Shekhawat needs to be defended.

Karan Thapar: How can you be so sure? There are allegations against him and you will have to defend him.

Rajnath Singh: Since 1952 people have seen Bhairon Singh Shekhawat as MLA, Minister Chief Minister. He has been an impartial Vice President for five years.

Karan Thapar: Let me bring up another allegation. It is reported by [i]Outlook magazine that as Rajasthan Chief Minister he used the powers of his office to defend his son-in-law, Narpat Singh Rajvi, when Rajvi was accused of trying to obtain compensation for land which he didn’t own. Once again he used his powers to defend his son-in-law and it is also alleged that he lied on the floor of the Assembly.

Rajnath Singh: I don’t know about this.

Karan Thapar: If you don’t know then why don’t you investigate. You are supporting him on what basis?

Rajnath Singh: We decided to support him based on the information we have about his public life since 1952.

Karan Thapar: I am pointing out to you that he is accused of taking a bribe as a sub-inspector in 1947; I am pointing out to you that he has removed cases against him—which is wrong for a Chief Minister to do; I am pointing out to you that he has used his powers of office to defend himself and his family, to benefit them. This is not just misuse of office, it is nepotism.

Rajnath Singh: I believe that most of these allegations are false.

Karan Thapar: How can you say that when you have no information?

Rajnath Singh: From what I know of his public life my belief is strong. That is all I can say.

Karan Thapar: You are going by his political career, let me bring that to spotlight. And now the allegations touch his integrity…

Rajnath Singh: No one can question Mr Bhairon Singh Shekhawat’s integrity.

Karan Thapar: From 1952 to 1972 he was an MLA in Rajasthan, from 1977 to 2002 he was an MLA again and yet in between for three years he became a Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh. Does it not prove that he would have filed a false and fraudulent declaration of residence in Madhya Pradesh?

He would have to—in those days without a declaration of residence he couldn’t have become an MP of the Rajya Sabha.

Rajnath Singh: Whatever I know about Bhairon Singh Shekhawat I believe that his character is spotless.

Karan Thapar: Then please answer this question: from 1952 to 2002, for 50 years he was an MLA in Rajasthan. Are you telling me right through that 50-year period his residence was actually in Madhya Pradesh?
Or you saying that for three years in between he mysteriously changed his residence and then changed it back again. Which are you saying, because only of these two possibilities can be the truth?

Rajnath Singh: Look, I will speak to him about the allegations you have made. I will tell him that Karanji made these allegations. But to tell you the truth I believe these allegations are not true at all.

Karan Thapar: You have started doubting; your faith has weakened; you say you will have to ask him…

Rajnath Singh: No, not all. There is no question of losing faith in Bhairon Singh Shekhawat.

Karan Thapar: Let me put it like this, and I am using blunt and brutal language. I put it to you that to become a Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh Bhairon Singh Shekhawat lied about his residence status. He told a lie when he claimed, in a declaration, that he was a resident of Madhya Pradesh.

Rajnath Singh: Since the time I know him I have not heard Bhairon Singh Shekhawat tell a lie.

Karan Thapar: Then on what basis did he become an MP from Madhya Pradesh? Sadly, and almost embarrassingly, the allegations concerning Bhairon Singh Shekhawat’s integrity are not limited to the issue I have brought up.

Periodically, the local papers in Rajasthan have claimed that Bhairon Singh Shekhawat has promoted women of disreputable character, of questionable morality in return for sexual favours. What efforts have you made to investigate these allegations?

Rajnath Singh: I will not answer these questions. I am learning of all these allegations from you for the first time.

Karan Thapar: Outlook magazine has a week ago published that Shalini Sharma was appointed Vice President of the Social Welfare Board of Rajasthan by Shekhawat in return for dubious favours.

Rajnath Singh: It is not necessary that whatever Outlook publishes is correct. I have been reading Rajasthan Patrika, the state’s largest circulated newspaper, for long and I have never read any such allegations in it. And you are only talking about Outlook.

Karan Thapar: You have chosen as your preferred candidate for the Presidency of India a man about whom there are allegations that he has accepted a bribe as a policeman, that he has used his powers of office to defend his family and himself, that there are question marks about his integrity regarding declaration of residence and even question marks on his relationships with women. Should such a man be the President of India?

Rajnath Singh: No, there are no question marks on his integrity. We are supporting an individual who has been the Vice President of this country for five years—someone who has never lowered the dignity of this constitutional post.

Karan Thapar: But it is being said about this individual that he took a bribe, that he lied about his residential status to become a Rajya Sabha MP; there are question marks about his use of office as Chief Minister.

Rajnath Singh: No one can even imagine that Bhairon Singh Shekhawat will ever take a bribe. These are all false allegations.

Karan Thapar: You say these are all false allegations, so let me raise another matter. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, as Vice President, has appealed to MPs and MLAs to vote in the Presidential election according to their conscience.

Is it fitting that the Vice President of India, the second highest post in the country, should be calling upon MPs and MLAs to disregard their party guidelines and directions? Isn’t it tantamount to encouraging indiscipline?

Rajnath Singh: No. Where in the Constitution does it say that a sitting Vice President, who is contesting the Presidential election, cannot make an appeal to the electoral college. It is not like that; there is no such restriction.

Karan Thapar: But is it proper, is it fitting?

Rajnath Singh: But why can’t he appeal? A sitting Vice President who is contesting for the Presidency can make an appeal to the electoral college.

Karan Thapar: But he is appealing to MPs and MLAs to disregard guidelines and directions given by their parties? Is it fitting for the Vice President to do that? He is encouraging indiscipline.

Rajnath Singh: No, it is not like that. He has never talked about disregarding guidelines.

Karan Thapar: You don’t think this is a question of ethics.

Rajnath Singh: What has he said?

Karan Thapar: Should the Vice President be appealing to MPs and MLAs to vote against party directions? Is it fitting and proper.

Rajnath Singh: Parties don’t issue whip (in Presidential election).

Karan Thapar: That is only a technicality.

Rajnath Singh: Voting in the presidential election is totally secret and MPs and MLAs may vote as they like. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat has not violated any guideline.

Karan Thapar: I have brought to your notice all the allegations—from the serious to the embarrassing, as well as allegations concerning bribes and with integrity. You have either refuted him or you said you don’t know about them. Let us now talk about the allegations your party has levelled against Pratibha Patil.

Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:16 pm

And now the bit about how the BJP and in Arun Shourie in particular have spun lies to tarnish the image of Pratibha Patil:

You have officially released articles by Arun Shourie claiming that Pratibha Patil was the founder-chairperson of the Pratibha Mahila Shahakari Bank (in Jalgaon, Maharashtra) and that she continued as its founder-chairperson till the demise of the bank. That is wrong—the founder-chairperson is in fact Mrs Sonalkar and she held that post for 11 years.

Pratibha Patil was the fourth chairperson and she only held the job for one month and eight days. Your facts are wrong.

Rajnath Singh: Look, the BJP has not made these allegations against Pratibha Patil and neither has the NDA. People in the Congress, because of the internal conflicts, have made…

Karan Thapar: Excuse me, but these allegations are made in a booklet published by the BJP.

Rajnath Singh: Listen to what I have said. I said these allegations were not made by the BJP or NDA but came out because of the internal conflicts in the Congress.

Karan Thapar: Arun Shourie was questioned about these allegations and he said that it is on her bio-data in the Lok Sabha that she was a member of that body and it was in on her bio-data as the Governor of Rajasthan.

I have checked both bio-datas, neither claims that she was ever founder-chairperson of the bank. Once again, Arun Shourie is wrong.

Rajnath Singh: We only want a clarification from Pratibha Patil and that she categorically reply to the allegations made against her. There should be a logical reply, that is all the BJP and NDA want from her.

Karan Thapar: I will give you a clarification…

Rajnath Singh: I don’t want a clarification from you—the allegations are against Pratibha Patil and it would be better that the clarifications come from her.

Karan Thapar: Your book is not just fraudulent, it is deliberately wrong. In it you have said that three women, who you allege are sisters-in-law and nieces of Pratibha Patil, were given interest waivers amounting to almost Rs 33 lakh.

That is not true. First, all the women are not connected to Pratibha Patil. Secondly, they were not given interest waivers. Thirdly, they repaid the interest in full at 13.5 percent, which is the RBI guideline for that category of loan. Finally, they repaid the principal as well. All your facts (in the book) are wrong.

Rajnath Singh: It would have been better if these clarifications that you are giving were given by Pratibha Patil or the Congress people.

Karan Thapar: But what right do you have to tarnish her reputation?

Rajnath Singh: The BJP and NDA are saying that whatever allegations are coming out, Pratibha Patil or the Congress people must reply to them. Let them give a logical reply, why are they are not doing that?

Karan Thapar: Let me give you another example…

Rajnath Singh: You are not the spokesperson for Pratibha Patil or the Congress.

Karan Thapar: But I am a journalist who is telling you the facts.

Rajnath Singh: You are telling these things to me—tell it to the entire nation too—but why are Congress people not speaking. Why is Karan Thapar making the clarifications? Why is not Pratibha Patil speaking?

Karan Thapar: Another deliberate falsehood (in the book)—this time very cunningly and very cleverly put across. You say in your book that loans totalling Rs 2.25 crore were distributed to Pratibha Patil’s family members and they were then defaulted upon. Then you cite the names of the family members, and you suggest that these names have been released by the RBI.

The truth is that the names have not been released by the RBI—the names have come from employees of the bank employees union, which is affiliated to the BJP and it’s authenticity and credibility is highly questionable.

Rajnath Singh: Even if these allegations were made by the employees of a union, a candidate for the highest constitutional post must herself reply to them or do so through a spokesperson.

Karan Thapar is neither the spokesperson for Pratibha Patil, nor for the Congress or UPA.

Karan Thapar: What you call allegations are in fact your own clever concoction of lies, half-truths and deliberate misinterpretations. Worst of all you have deliberately and manipulatively confused between RBI documents and employee union complaints. You are misleading people.

Rajnath Singh: This Arun Shourie’s article—you interviewed him a few days ago, why didn’t you ask him these questions then?

Karan Thapar: Because at that time I didn’t know the truth. I know now. Today I am asking that this booklet, which has been published in the BJP’s name and has your symbol, do you stand by it or disown it?

Rajnath Singh: This is (the book) BJP’s—I accept that but I also say that if you had written an article and I felt that it should be published by the BJP then I would have done it. It could be for a clarification or for public awakening.

Karan Thapar: If Pratibha Patil becomes the President, and it looks like she will, despite your allegations then what kind of relationship would you have with her?

Rajnath Singh: This is a hypothetical question.

Karan Thapar: It could become a reality, then what sort of relationship you would have with her?

Rajnath Singh: We should wait for the election results.

Karan Thapar:[/i] Will you apologise to her?

Rajnath Singh: No, there is no question of doing that. The clarifications must come from Pratibha Patil, the Congress or UPA.

Karan Thapar: Thank you, Mr Rajnath Singh.

Link: http://www.ibnlive.com/news/pratibha-must-come-clean-why-is-she-silent/44339-3.html
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 pm

vaibhavab wrote:
The discussion was about teh credentials of Pratibha Patil and my simple question that why doesnt the Congress want Kalam to get a second term, when he is clearly the whole nation's unanimous choice for the President's post.
I think that's too much of an assumption.
Kalam was BJP's choice for President. THe whole nation doesn't have a say. And I scarcely think they care. What they DO care about is who is in the PMO because that's what really matters..

The Pres office is primarily a formality-post where we need to have a credible person as a face of the country.. and one credible person is as good as another..

I completely agree that Kalam could do with a second term..

But the fact is that

Kalam ==> BJPs nominee
Kalam ==> NOT Congress nominee

The politics of the country forbids any cross link there.. It's not going to happen.

As for the allegations, it is only fair to clear them out in court.. If she were to start justifying them through the media, it would be pathetic.. like offering false explanations..
If there's any substance, the court should be moved and she'll have no choice but to fight.
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:57 pm

@Ritwik

Thanks for qualitatively ending the debate with that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:02 pm

Ritwik...awesome work man!!Hats off to karan Thapar.Yesterday Bhaion Singh declared his assests and now the Right Wing wants the same from pratibha patil..They think all the allegations against Bhaion Singh are false.why don't they answer??They want a corrupt person to be the President of India.. What a shame..
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 4:03 pm

@Ritwik
Thanx a ton for the trouble you took to put it all up here.
Really appreciated. Especially the Vajpayee part.

Coming to the Devil's Advocate part.
All of us have certain institutions and personal authorities we believe in. I have grown up on The Indian Express. What the Express reports is the nearest to the truth, for me.
Although a fan of Karan Thapar's Sunday Sentiments, I would still go with the Express' on issues where facts are concerned. So, for me the charges against Pratibha Patil still mean something.

And thanx again for the insight on the character of B.S.Shekhawat.

@dhruv
"Thanks for qualitatively ending the debate with that Very Happy"

go back to the first page, the debate does not end.
This is what the initiator of the thread stated--
"Sonia neither paid heed to the demands of re-electing inspirational leader of the country Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for the second-term, nor did she choose anyone who can match the charisma of Dr Kalam and inspire an entire generation to the path of development. "

I dont think any of his complaints have been addressed here. neither the one about why the Congrssdid not want to continue with Kalam nor the one about Pratibha Patil's stature.

I guess it is getting a bit boring and to be honest, there really wont be any fruitul result from this. so. i suggest thet we let this thread R.I.P
a lively and enlightening discussion, at least for me. thanx a lot to Ritwik and the others who posted here. I wonder where jha saab disappeared after starting this. Not a single post after that introductory one.
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:09 am

vaibhavab wrote:

Sonia neither paid heed to the demands of re-electing inspirational leader of the country Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for the second-term, nor did she choose anyone who can match the charisma of Dr Kalam and inspire an entire generation to the path of development.
OK, how about this.
Sonia is sitting in her living room, sipping on some tea.
There's not enough sugar in it, but she makes her peace with it.
Opposite her sit many UPA leaders. They're all discussing the next presidential candidate.
Grandson Vadra is watching TV in the next room really really loud. Suddenly, he accidentially changes the channel from Toon Disney to Aaj Tak which is saying that "Many feel that Abdul Kalam should be given a second term...."
Everyone over-hears, Sonia jumps up and spills the tea on her sari. As she cleans the mess with a tissue, she turns to her guests and says "oh yes, why don't we give APJ Abdul Kalam a second term?"

One of the leaders says "Like DUH!! Because he was the choice of the opposition! That would be like SP electing Mayawati as their party president without any deflection."

Sonia says "Oops! Silly me! OK, so let's settle on Pratibha.
(To the attendant) I'd like another cup of tea please."

Your beloved Jha saab was possibly an RSS worker-type-person.
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:27 pm

I second Dhruv..I do not know where Mr.Jha is..guess this information might have acted as an eye opener..RSS and the Right wing have always betrayed India.
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm

dhruvkh wrote:
vaibhavab wrote:

Sonia neither paid heed to the demands of re-electing inspirational leader of the country Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for the second-term, nor did she choose anyone who can match the charisma of Dr Kalam and inspire an entire generation to the path of development.
OK, how about this.
Sonia is sitting in her living room, sipping on some tea.
There's not enough sugar in it, but she makes her peace with it.
Opposite her sit many UPA leaders. They're all discussing the next presidential candidate.
Grandson Vadra is watching TV in the next room really really loud. Suddenly, he accidentially changes the channel from Toon Disney to Aaj Tak which is saying that "Many feel that Abdul Kalam should be given a second term...."
Everyone over-hears, Sonia jumps up and spills the tea on her sari. As she cleans the mess with a tissue, she turns to her guests and says "oh yes, why don't we give APJ Abdul Kalam a second term?"

One of the leaders says "Like DUH!! Because he was the choice of the opposition! That would be like SP electing Mayawati as their party president without any deflection."

Sonia says "Oops! Silly me! OK, so let's settle on Pratibha.
(To the attendant) I'd like another cup of tea please."

Your beloved Jha saab was possibly an RSS worker-type-person.

rofl.
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 12:15 pm

this post has been nothin short of a stormbringer.i have too much to say after readin everythin but wil try to make it short....
1)congress-bloody caste politics mongrels!!!have sucked our country dry in lst 50 yrs...corrupt,minority card players since time immermorial....much more to say....
2)bjp-once was promising when came to power..but has many corrupt leaders in ranks which was exposed as time flew by....probably had a big hand in the gujrat riots...brought shame to humanity....after losin election have bcum spineless...loss of leadership...do not want to take names of those who r dirtbags within the party....each better than the other...have learnt caste politics from congress while sittin in oppostition for decades...
3)shiv sena-bring shame to hindus everyday...all the time...sing patriotic song for their own interest....nonsensical ideology...trouble makers....same for all other hindu fundamentalists....
4)pratibha patil-do not care abt her credentials....she may be anythin!!!but there is no way in hell she can even think of the presidential post....no credentials or achievements(i have read what was posted abt her achievements....crap!!) will be a puppet in hands of sonia "ji"!!!
5)apj abdul kalam-elected by bjp alrite but not a puppet....did good work...is tryin to revive nalanda as a university..too good...in the event of an emergency has the ability to be the deciding factor if nuclear warfare is brought up....knows its implications!!

and if kalam is not elected (bloody bjp should have supported him!!) then i want Mr narayan murthy to take the post with kalam as the strategic nuclear warfare advisor.....
argument laid to rest...
thank you...

adi
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Guyz we can't do nything.coz the power 2 elect the President of India is in d hands of MP's of Lower and
Upper house and the MLA's.Lets c who'll get the majority votes.hehe its of no use.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:45 pm

adi....very well said i must say!!! i especially agree to teh shiv sena part!!! thanx for summarising it here!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save India from this shame!!!!   Save India from this shame!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save India from this shame!!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next