Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

reservations....

Go down 
+4
funkitushar
Ritwik
vaibhavab
kiranrajan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kiranrajan

kiranrajan

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-07-13

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:01 pm

for long al the political parties that has come to power has
used reservations as a medium to sustain their vote bank. they always proclaim of doing this and tat and manage to succeed in the polls. i sternly
believe all these reservation and promises given by these ppl in power are just to please the ppl who are capable of turning the picture during the
elections.... the start of castism i would call.

way back after the independence when the reservations
actually started or thought of by these politicians they had given these
reservations bases on the census of 1931.

last year when the students of IIT Delhi university AIMS started stagging demonstration & protest against reservation the supreme court had asked the government to hand over a copy of the census with which they provide reservation and our most perfect govt provided the court what they wanted, U ve any clue which years census the govt gave to the supreme court? ........1931.......... yup:D
the same one tat i ve mentioned earlier.. this clearly depicts how
ignorant our govt is and how bad their functioning is......

for long experts have
asked the govt to drop the cast based reservations and have reservation
based on economic background.... the help must be rendered to the needy
& not for one who is well capable of backing up himself without
anyones help... this does not mean that people at higher level must not
be helped but it is just that all thse must not be done at the cost of
poor they must not be the one who suffer in the end.

thanks to our country........
proceeding with any idea has a great amount of difficulty. at this
juncture where many are advising for a economic based reservation.
there is a big Question to be answered . how will the govt come to
know aboutthe income of every citizen.this will remain to be a
really tough job because of most of the ppl in our country don't
pay their tax properly & do not show their complete income when
these type of problems are yet to be explored. students getting proper
justice is rather a far dream than a reality .

As long as these worthless ppl remain
in power i don't see India becoming a super power or the 2020 vision of
our president Being achieved.God knows when our country will be
gifted with proper leaders who take decision by thinking in a wide
angle and do things for the benefit of the citizens.. than for
themselves.

TO QUOTE :

during a
recent interview done by the popular news channels..... & during
public meetings politicians have not shown any sign of changing their
stand. when Mr. V.P. SINGH former prime minister of our country was
asked a question whether he ll give reservation to a rich OBC or a poor
forward cast person he said he ll give t for a OBC only. since he was
a backward cast person... when he got screwed later in the interview he
corrected what he said as to he ll give for both of them. this
shows how adamant these ppl are.

The present HRD MINISTER ARJUN SINGH in his
meeting publicly announced that he will surely bring back reservation
as it previously was, this happened only a few days after the supreme
court stayed the reservation for OBC.

until these ppl change their
attitude or new people with non partisan attitude be in power.. No big
valuable change can be expected. And we shall always live under their
mercy
. THIS REMAINS THE BITTER TRUTH.[/size][/size][/size]
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-06-22

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:23 pm

Agreed.
The dream is far from turning into reality.
We are trapped.
The solution?

Bring in the younger lot. Instead of Arjun Singh, Give teh charge of education to Sachin Pilot or Naveen Jindal and the likes.
We need a change.
We need a revolution.
Down with appeasement and tokenism.
We need courage, we are on the threshold of transformation. some tough decisions need to be taken!

Votebank politics wont take us far!
Back to top Go down
kiranrajan

kiranrajan

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:56 pm

if we ve to see progress.. younger ppl ve to come in and its going to be our job to find the right person ...
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-16

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:02 pm

vaibhavab wrote:
Agreed.
The dream is far from turning into reality.
We are trapped.
The solution?

Bring in the younger lot. Instead of Arjun Singh, Give teh charge of education to Sachin Pilot or Naveen Jindal and the likes.
We need a change.
We need a revolution.
Down with appeasement and tokenism.
We need courage, we are on the threshold of transformation. some tough decisions need to be taken!

Votebank politics wont take us far!

Sachin Pilot as education minister? I've heard him speak from close quarters, and all I can say is, bring on the marijuana ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedstudents.in
vaibhavab

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 pm

oops!
really, is he that bad?
i dint know about it.
what i meant was bring in the younger lot.

thanx, batane ke liye!

What do u suggest? rather, whom do u suggest?
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-07

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:20 am

a

Last edited by funkitushar on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 am

tushar u have stirred up the hornet's nest. May God give you the strength to face what you will soon be up against.

First of all, to set the ball rolling. thats a very ambiguous statement you have made. who all do you think constitute the minority?
SECONDLY
as opposed to the so-called minorities, which godfather did the others have who 'lifted them upto develop and progress'?
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 pm

Well vaibhav godfather means u can go 2 ny organisation with the reference of that particular man and ur 100% sure dat ull get d job.AND All hav got godfathers,they can be family members,relatives,friends,neighbours etc nyone.whereas the minority group people they live in slums.they dont hav ny contacts to get the right kind of job dats y they know they dont hav ny future and they do only lower level works like driver,cleaning gutters,peon.so mentally make them sure abt their future dat they also can get higher level jobs and quick promotions reservations shuld be there.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:36 pm

@tushar

what makes you think that the minorities are backward and need to be lifted up????
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:15 pm

@tushar
1)think before you ink even if it is in the cyber world.
2)if you advocate quota's make concrete assertions not pathetic ambiguous comments.
3)do u think even rich members of these castes shud get reservation.
4)do u think u wud want sons of any community to get a reservation if they have lived in poverty n do not have the means to support themselves??or do u want it to be exclusively for backward castes.
5)do u feel that politicians have any interest in the development of backward castes??duh!!!
6)do u think those who are selected thru quotas in jobs will be without the competency factor will be respected and not ostracized.
7)do u think if a community can develop without enterin mainstream competition n the corporate world will sacrifice productivity in any way.
8)dont u think by demandin quota's these communities r makin a statement claimin they are different n downtrodden when their whole outcry has always been differentials??
i don want to screw ur happines further but i can...
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:17 pm

n if all these things r possible then plz suggest measures for me to change my caste.i want to get thru iimc.
Back to top Go down
kiranrajan

kiranrajan

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:28 pm

gud to c many are discussing these issue.. keep it up guys...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:32 pm

man adi...youa re just brilliant....and as far as changing your caste is concerned...you easily can get a fake sc/st certificate...u know how india works...lolzz!!! m waiting for tushar's answers now...desperately
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:38 pm

vaibhavab wrote:
oops!
really, is he that bad?
i dint know about it.
what i meant was bring in the younger lot.

thanx, batane ke liye!

What do u suggest? rather, whom do u suggest?

hmm this wud warrant a whole new discussion my friend....he is associated with marijuana in one blog so now he is "that bad"???? disappointing....veryy...are u much diff from the ppl u are criticising then?

Last edited by on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiranrajan

kiranrajan

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:39 pm

gone r the days where we had to give reservatins to ppl of sc/st or wat ever be the cast ...... here the present state is that the poor ppl shud be helped.... because they dnt ve money and their economical background is weak......... jus that they are poor.. we cant neglect them......
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:03 am

hehe well adi even though if u want 2 change ur caste u can but u wont get a caste certificate (AS PER RULES).coz this reservations are only for the original sc/st not for the COCKTAILs.
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 am

Well Nikhita it is the Constitution Of India makes me think that the minorities are backward and need to be lifted up.. it is the common BIBLE,QUARAN for Indians.
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am

a

Last edited by funkitushar on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:03 am

Quote :
Well Nikhita it is the Constitution Of India makes me think that the minorities are backward and need to be lifted up.. it is the common BIBLE,QUARAN for Indians.

excuse me tushar....but i think you aren't living in the real world then....minorities can in no case be generalized as "backward"..they are only few in number as compared to certain other religions and caste.....i must tell you that the 'yadav' clan of Bihar is also a minority group...so u think mr laloo prasad yadav's children should be given the benefit of reservations??? duh....the jat's of haryana are also a minority group...that means chaudhary charan singh's family (which can afford probably all the luxuries which all families in haryana if combined together cannot afford!!!) should get the benefit of reservations!! dud duh!! dude....where do we lift them up from where they are???? send them to the sky o sumthin???? St stephen's...that boasts of being a minority institution just increased it's reservetion for the 'minority' christians...so you mean to say that all the christians that came in were backward...trust me in no means they were....if the christians at stephen's can afford summer school at LSE (the cost of a 20 day program is 1.5 lac), i dun think they need RESERVATIONS to be lifted up!!! i think you should grow up and become a lil more sensitive towards other issues and not just 'minorities'....cause being small in number is never an indicator of backwardness!!
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:12 am

hmm.. nikhita minorities are not small in number if they r then these politicians wont support for reservations.and ur givin examples of yadavs,jats and others they do get benfits but not financial benefits.i.e.fees return and scholarships.i belong 2 sc category but i dont get fees return and scholarships,but yes i can get admission if m in merit list.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:25 am

well i dunno what university you are talking about then...DU courses are subsidised for the SC's and ST's...there are 'n' number of scholarships available for them here in delhi...and sir...do you think laloo and charan singh's family needs financial benefits????? if they want, they can make sure that each kid in their state is educated with their own money and still be left with enough to lead a happy life!!! i am not against reservations being given to someone who deserves it...but unfortunately most of the people actually benefitting from these reservations are none othr than the well off of the lot...cause teh situation is so bad that the 'actually backward' people of the country aren't even aware of what 'reservations' is...taht's the irony in this country sir!!!

and secondly, why should only tehse 'so called' minorities get reservation...economic background is a major cause of backwardnes...gender dear sir is an issue which none of us can refute here...girl child is definitely not given the due rights...then coming from a backward region also makes a difference...don't you think there should reservations for such cases too???? and mind you if this happens, teh general category ppl might need some reservations then too!!!
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 am

M talkin abt Mumbai University.Nikhita even here in mumbai there r 'n' number of scholarships available but not for them who r financially stable.i bet laloo and singh's family wont get ny financal benefit.i dont get financial benefits then who r they.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 am

sir...you never specified taht u talkin about mumbai..you passed a very casual generalization on the minorities as a whole!!

also...i think you should find out about what what benefits you get in other parts of teh country... cause as of now, since it is being given out...you should make use of it!!
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 am

Ma'am ofcourse i tried 2 get the financial benefits but it is not for them who r financially stable.but i think there is not differnt rule for mumbai it is for india.

Last edited by on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:53 am

why do you want financial help if you are financially stable then???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reservations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: reservations....   reservations.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reservations....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: General Blogs-
Jump to: