Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA

Go down 
+10
Nikhita
parul.arora
nachiket
mandeepchadha85
dhruvkh
bhawika
Catty
amrit_jmi
nehagulati
devinair
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
devinair

devinair

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-14

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Empty
PostSubject: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 pm

"RAPE VICTIM AND HER CHILD AUCTIONED FOR SIX RUPEES IN JHARKAND-URGENT ACTION"-ASIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION

Our capital city has been proclaimed as the "RAPE CAPITAL" of india in an article by The Times of India....

A 3yr old was raped several times and murdered in R.K Puram , Delhi

Everyone, from little girls to grandmothers are victims of rape. Age is no barrier...the accused range from the brother to the lover to the father to the grand father....None are exceptions..

EVER WONDERED WHY RAPES ARE SO COMMON IN INDIA ????

Is it because the "sex" word is still taboo in INDIA??

Or is it because Men are sex deprived????

Or would you say any amount is not enough????

Would the solution be legalising prostitution, so that rapes are prevented ???

Or imparting sex education???

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE????
Back to top Go down
nehagulati

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:29 am

hey devi... mayb the whole "rape" thin is related to the immediate urge to "do things" < since u mentioned its a taboo topic>...! in my opinion more so dan legalising prostitution n stuff.... maybe its bout like "tamin" dese men.... which wud mean sex education so tht ppl r not hesitant to talk bout 'it' n eventually not resort to rapin, domestic violence n d likes....!
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 am

yes i believe one of the possible solutions to rape would be a sensible sex education policy combined with methods that reduce the sexual frustration among rapists and would-b-rapists...

wen we switch on our television screens and notice the music videos for example, and we remember the taboo that sex is...we realise that india is a place where dikhta sab kuch hai lekin milta kuch bhi nahi....

this combined with a general lack of education which deprives a man of his ability 2 discern between right and wrong and does not teach him how 2 respect his fellow human beings and the women around him leads to a mental make-up that is suited to rape.....

i do not think that legalising prostitution would make a difference...in fact under the current circumstances it would only make things worse in matters of STDs like AIDS....without a sound sex education policy and with the government and opposition both to a large extent queasy about condoms legal prostitution may turn out to be only an AIDS spreading device....and in any case legal prostitution is not going to deter would b rapists....if a would b rapist A goes to the red light area and satisfies his lust through a sex worker that does not mean he will not pounce on innocent woman B to rape her if he so desires....plus with the situation in india it may mean that prostitutes are thoroughly exploited and even raped by these rapists...
Back to top Go down
devinair

devinair

Female Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 pm

Amrit when I spoke abt legalizing prostitution all i tried to convey is that RAPE cannot be totally prevented ..as u can see even in countries with legal prostitution rape is happening to a large extent where rapists are mostly mentally imbalanced .

Legalizing prostitution is to tackle that percentage of rapists who have the urge to "do it" at a particular point of time and since prostitution is not legal they resort to raping the innocent.
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 pm

i agree.....how can legalizin prostitution decrease rapes.....as devi pointed out, since females from 3yr old toddlers to 60 yr old grannies are gettin raped, legal prostitution is NOT an option.....neway, aneone heard of GB road?
Back to top Go down
bhawika

bhawika

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:09 am

i think devi finely explained dat legalizin prostitution is jus a measure..n yeah it aint 'sure-shot'....mate..a issue as severe as rape needs to b takcled in more ways dan one..as v need a lot o options for dat matter...n legalizin prostitution is a baby step towards makin things n society conducive for females...n wen ya tlk bout"3 yr girl being raped"...den i must tel ya pedophiles arent sane n sound...so ya cant really do nethin bout it..expect punishin em in d worst o ways...coz dese ppl arent fit for society....D rest o ya guys hv actually thought o preventive measures dat r actually viable (accolades for dat)...n ma fren CATTY..d ques ya askd..wasnt really pertinent..so try n avoid such gibberish ques!!
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:39 am

all i was doing was pointin out dat prostitution is out in the open, even if many ppl wont admit it!!!
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:49 am

Huh!

People seem to have it all wrong here!

How does sex education change anything?
a) rapists are usually not very educated and a basic education would be a dream, let alone sex-edu.
Sex ed. is not likely to reach the crowd that enters into such activity
b) I don't really think sex ed. has anything that can tackle rape to begin with.. It targets informing adolescents about the changes in their bodies etc. etc. It isn't moral education, is it?

As for legalising prostitution, that is definitely one solution.

If prostitution is illegal, then whatever goes on is behind close doors.. It's all an illegal racket and that means trouble for any NGO that may try to work for the benefit of sex-workers.. As is commonly observed with Gay Rights Groups in India..
If on the contrary it were legalised, sex workers would be tested frequently for HIV infection and the epidemic could be curbed.

Also, a sex worker would be in easy access for those who want to satiate their carnal desires and wouldn't turn to rape instead..
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
bhawika

bhawika

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:04 am

yeah i agree wen ya tlk bout sex education...n how it wont really help in reformin society...n decreasin rapes...but i dun agree..wid ya wen ya say..dat rapists r basically nt educated..ya r generalisin things...in d past v hv seen cases o rapes..vich involve educated ppl...but gain..v can surely provide moral education..n it always helps...everyone can b his own moral police....n things ll surely change...v cant jus sit n watch d situation being aggravated!!...
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:18 am

of course we can't sit and watch things happen..

But do we really have to teach people that when you're holding down a helpless woman/girl who is screaming and crying, and you're forcing yourself upon her for your own selfish desires, you're doing something wrong?

I'm sure rapists are aware of what they're doing is absolutely wrong. But possibly, the desires within them.. or their filthy character, doesn't let them think twice..

So I sau that if sex is what they want, let them have it from someone who's willing..
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:58 pm

Fear baby Fear......fear is the only thing which can stop these devil minds frm committing their sins....
Rape = Death sentence..
ths is probably the only equation which can help us in eradicating ths sin frm the society...
there r zillions of desperate souls out on the streets looking out for their preys...u cant just go out figuring out such ppl and then try to give them sex or moral education in a hope dat they ll change...legalized or not legalized, they all have an option to go to a prostitute....but still rapes take place....don tell me dat had prostitution been legalized in india, these rape cases wouldnt have taken place??.....
Back to top Go down
bhawika

bhawika

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:48 pm

m tired o repeatin maself..noones sayin dat dere ll b no rapes if v legalise prostitution...but...dere is an humungous possiblity..dat d cases ll reduce...to sum extent...n yeah..death penalty ll surely help...!!
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:55 pm

o cumon....i don c them gettin reduced even....ask ne rapist...do u thnk he is gonna say dat he was too scared to go to a prostitute as it is illegal so he raped a woman???...
though i agree dat it shld be legalized...it ll be really helpful in keeping a check over AIDS and for social welfare of sex workers...but it has nothng to do with rapes yaar...
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:12 pm

I think rape is as much about the sense of power the man gets by overpowering the woman as any kind of release of sexual frustration.

Talking about legalizing prostitution to make it more available as some people are saying doesn't really sound like the right solution to be because even though it is supposed to be illegal it really isnt treated or policed that strictly.

I dont know about Delhi or any of the other cities, but atleast in Bombay, it is very easily and freely available, without any kind of legal danger. I myself have been approached by prostitutes, so maybe legalizing it really won't make much of a difference in the broader perspective. Although it will definitely help reduce Aids and other sexually transmitted diseases, as Dhruv pointed out but I don't really think that ahs anything to do witht he topic being discussed.

The 7 year sentence should be long enough to make a person think twice about it before he rapes, the problem with our country is the implementation of existing rules, rather than the formation of any new ones.
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm

i absolutely agree with u on legalizing prostitution thng as i ve said in my previous posts....but dude 7 yrs sentence to sumone for destroying sumones life and putting her into lifetime trauma.....in ths harsh society dat we r livin in its better dat a woman dies rather than living as a woman who was once raped....just 7 yrs punishment....don u thnk dat its lil too soft???....most of the victims of these rape cases r small children....i c death sentence as the only solution...
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

Female Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:31 pm

u knw wat... evn if death sentence is declared as the punishment for rape i dnt think it wud help tht much as there is so much delay in decision in our judicial system tht a person after commiting one rape wud definetly think tht raping a woman once= death sentence thn y nt do the same to several of thm as tht wud also lead to a death sentence....
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:38 pm

lolzzzz...dats scarry parul...i hope such ppl don exist in real....neways but u gotta treat them as harshly as possible...in india even life imprisonment doesnt mean being in jail for life time..so ths is the best treatment for them....
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm

I would glady have the punishment increased, but not for reasons like "In the harsh society dat we r livin in its better dat a woman dies rather than living as a woman who was once raped". It is this kind of attitude that we need to change, whereby the woman that has been raped should be encouraged to pursue charges against the rapist and bring him to justice rather than wallowing in self-pity.

Please note that I am not in any way trying to undermine the kind of effect rape has on an individual. I am merely stating that it is high time we realise that the victim is not the one who should be ashamed, it is the rapist who should be ashamed, and only the women themselves can help change this.

As for children being raped, pedophilia is a different social evil, however I am very sure that the number of women being exploited is substantially more than the number of children being exploited.
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:47 pm

its not bout u and me changin our attitude....i no we all r well educated and open minded ppl....but talk bout the society as a whole....we r a minority....i m not being negative m being practical....u cant expect ppl in small towns and villages to accept a raped woman as a normal person...it ll take sum time b4 ppl can incorporate such attitude...
and yes i agree dat num of women being exploited is much more than no of children...but no of cases of pedophilia should also not be undermined...
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Its not about who is being exploited more than the other, its about not being explioted at all. There was case in Delhi itself were a 7 year old girl was picked up while she was playing in her OWN GARDEN i.e. her premises, the so called safest area. After a few hours her body was on the door steps of a near by building. She was raped and then killed. Its not about the number of suffers as each one goes through the same thing. And bout the point that only women can change the attitude about feeling ashamed for being raped then i shud say that men have to contribute to it equally. There a lot of married women who are raped and after such a slaughter they are abandoned by there husbands so its a twin sided issue. Each one has to contribute.
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:57 pm

I say that "THE GUILTY SHOULD BE CASTATRATED"!!!!!

Last edited by on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 pm

lolz....now dats called a practical solution....
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:14 pm

bravo Parul...bt how many of teh rapes that happen are actually reported??? only rapes that get reported are the rapes in and around the metros...the villages still wud remain teh same whether you kill the guilty or let him go scott free...one has to think beyond punishing the guilty, and try and get to the root of the problem...which as u say and i totally agree lies in teh backward areas...so why not try and make them aware of woman empowerment??? do sumthing to upgrade their mentality and thinking...make sure taht all the rapes taht happen there are reported as welll...i know i dun have a solution to this, but i think we can get to one!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Thats a really nice view Nikhita.... You have to agree that like electricity started from the city and then reached the rural land in the same way awareness starts with us educated lot and thn its the trickle down effect.... so until the cities are safe and secure the villages cannot get the benfits of the same.... Rapes are being reported but there is lack of action, if all such cases are treated fairly why wouldnt a woman go report a rape case.... it is the judicial system and the protectors of safety (the police) who should take an active part.... Jessicca Lall case took 10 years, we shud agree that though justice is not denied but delay in justice is also an issue our country has to tackle....

Last edited by on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:33 pm

beign a economics student...i still dun believe in the so called 'trickle down effect'..i think it's a very lame way do go about things...when we have the resources, why should we wait for things to happen naturally..i mean why cant we have a simultaneous upliftment ir both...teh urban and the rural areas...we neither are short of IDEAS nor MANPOWER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next