Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake Accents!!!!

Go down 
+22
sankush
pratham_sharma
ritika.suri
chiggs4ever
ady celestation
smriti d
mandeepchadha85
simrandewan
Catty
Aastha Sharma
samridhi
dhruvkh
devinair
Ritwik
sidgupta007
Nikhita
ankit govil
pal_nandini
supriya
Pragya
Sahil
romina.madan
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
romina.madan

romina.madan

Female Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Fake Accent-
For some its a bigtime turnoff and for others is cool...!!!

k guys how many of u feel that having an accent is cool(Using slang is the in thing..It makes u more confident...)
and how many of u feel its stupidity???....
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:58 pm

am pretty cool with slangs till they dont seem fake...
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:04 pm

using slangs amongst your friends is ok..but when it comes to official or formal work slang language should be avoided..
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:57 pm

i hatem i hatem i hatem....ze besth acccent my dear friendh is ze neutral one...wen yer nationality cannot be recognised by yer speech...zen yer a winner:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:59 pm

fake acccents sux.....and i totally agree wid pragya dat slan is ok within friends....
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 pm

slang is cool..bt only in sms,chats and stuff like this.i wnt use the queen's english fr a quick sms.....
bt it becomes a habit..in exams u write thru instead of through...
btw fr by the way..
aur bechare sos ka to meaning hi change ho jaata hai,....
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:16 pm

according to me, this is a very personal matter and shouldn't be a reason for judging anyone. i mean i shouldn't get turned off by sumone who speaks slang. Fake accent and slang atleast for me is not a crieteria of judging people! personally, i use slang sumtyms with friends, but as pragya says, you are educated enough to know how to talk where!!!
Back to top Go down
sidgupta007

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-10

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:35 pm

accents are cool if dey r natural but fake accents are an absolute no no...... i m still confused abt what ppl try to show by using an accent which is not there's....... be proud.... be patriotic....... and dont ape the west blindly:!:
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:54 pm

sidgupta007 wrote:
accents are cool if dey r natural but fake accents are an absolute no no...... i m still confused abt what ppl try to show by using an accent which is not there's....... be proud.... be patriotic....... and dont ape the west blindly:!:

And I thought we were safe from accent-patriotism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedstudents.in
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:10 am

apologies fer my ignorance...but what, pray tell me is 'accent-patriotism'?
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
Sahil

Sahil

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm

yeah...wat is accent patriotism?? *scratches his head* (has lost a lot of hair in the last few days, holds campus18 forum responsible)
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:47 pm

criously even i also wanna kne ds never heard term...
Back to top Go down
devinair

devinair

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm

yea as long as it is natural its cool...but wannabes - a big NO NO .atleast its bearable when the person can atleast speak normal english what abt those who can hardly speak english ....first of all there's nothing wrong with " sounding indian " i think all of us have certain uniqueness to our accents ...and for those who aint happy with that PLZ GROW UP !!!
tc
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:14 am

I'm pathetic when it comes to the matter of accents. I really really want one.
And a british one because american accents and australian ones are pathetic.

I think slangs are horrid. I think sms english is horrid.
And I don't see the matter in incorporating a tinge of an accent in your manner of talking as long as it doesn't sound forced. One should think you've been living abroad all along.

The key is to sound polite, humble, down-to-earth with an accent. And to be able to speak other languages without any influence.

(Sob! I want a Brit accent!)
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
Sahil

Sahil

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:20 am

AKASHWANI

"lo vats!! tumhe british accent diya!!!"
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:23 am

Thanks..

*"How Now Brown Cow"*

It's not working....
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:27 am

this is not some Western Union Money Transfer...

*sighs*

swarg se aa raha hai...tym lagega...

*punches his machine*
Back to top Go down
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:46 pm

he he he he. Brit accents... hmm.. matrimonial ad mein bhi cool sound kare ga.-
Looking for a match for a well educated
indian boy with british accent,got from
sr sri sahil ji.
lol!
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:22 pm

When I'm earning enough to do so, I'll put that matrimonial ad for some anonymous individual with a fake number just to see the response Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aastha Sharma

Aastha Sharma

Female Number of posts : 6

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 1:14 pm

well agreed.!! i guess slangs are pretty cool wen u do them in ur sms chats n in the giggle-talks with ur frnds..!
bt accent jst for the sake of it is the ultimate turnoff..! plus the whole hip-thing attached to having a firangi accentdoesnt make ne sense to me.!! i agree wid the gal who jst said dat sounding indian is cool.!! Im very proud to sound 'indian'.! n id rather keep it dat way.! Wink
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:20 am

Um....wen we'r talkin bout accents, we'r on VERY shaky ground here, caus as im sure we all know, accents vary from place to place. i mean, ok, i agree, if somebody over-exaggerates their accents den the'r just plain wannabes but some ppl (like me), an accent just comes naturally.......not of any recognizable counrty so far (and if you DO find out, lemme know) but not ur "indian" accent either
Back to top Go down
simrandewan

simrandewan

Female Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 am

sersly... fake accents r..... umm... so fake!! lol ...n slang is ok, btween frenz n others, as long as it duznt offend anyone....
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:18 am

comeon ppl...let that person feel happy...if he thnks dat he is probably a reincarnation of elvis presley just bcoz hes got dat cool(FAKE Wink ) accent..let him thnk so lol...lol!
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Don u guys think slangs n accents are different from each other.havin n accent dsnt neccessarily mean usin slang n vice-versa.

as for fake accents i think u shud hv the accent of the place u cum from or live in.otherwise it just seems dat ur tryin too hard...
its really wannabe-ish... tongue
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:13 pm

I think some people tend to dislike certain other people with accents because they're minutely jealous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fake Accents!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake Accents!!!!   Fake Accents!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Accents!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: