Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Women provoke men!!!!

Go down 
+26
Torsa
manika
coolguy.rishabh
srimoyi
pallavi
chiggs4ever
ma_anshul
mervyn.samuel.george
Catty
amrit_jmi
smriti d
Garima Gupta
nachiket
Riju
Sahil
adi
sankush
abhinavverma
Aalaap Majgavkar
Ritwik
Nikhita
Pragya
ankit govil
ankita
vaibhavab
samridhi
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aalaap Majgavkar

Aalaap Majgavkar

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 2:46 pm

hmm......i dont think we can give an ansewr to this question.....basically i'd say it is neither a question nor an answer.....its a problem.....
Back to top Go down
abhinavverma

abhinavverma

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:44 pm

hey. i agree with u guys that rape is a
crime and women cant be held responsible for it. however, i wld like ur
comments on the statistic brandied abt by most supporters of the hijab that countries
like iran have considerably lower instances of rape and molestation than say
usa or uk. There are a million counters but which one comes to ur mind?
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:50 pm

abhinavverma wrote:
hey. i agree with u guys that rape is a
crime and women cant be held responsible for it. however, i wld like ur
comments on the statistic brandied abt by most supporters of the hijab that countries
like iran have considerably lower instances of rape and molestation than say
usa or uk. There are a million counters but which one comes to ur mind?

So what? Even if the statistics are true, I would prefer a higher number of rapes to all women living [scarcely] under a burqa.

A rape is a one time aggression against a person's personal space, while wearing a hijab is a constant reminder of a woman's "lower" status than men, and of women being treated just as sex objects, as if there are no other dimensions to their personality. Taking away the freedom to dress, and to force people into wearing something as shockingly unaesthetic and restrictive as the hijab, over a period of time, is probably a worse crime than rape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedstudents.in
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:02 pm

well in this case we hv to choose the lesser of the two evils....
i dnt agree tht rape is a one time aggression....
the physical wounds may dissappear aftr a while....the mental pain lives throughout life....
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:29 pm

@ Ritwik.
Sickness does have a cure. Its not that sick minds cant be treated. Im not advocating the public castration, NOR opposing it but just commenting upon the sickness part.

Shock therapy works in curing sickness. Maybe, stringent punitive action can act as a shock for those sick minds and cure them.
Back to top Go down
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:31 pm

there, there guys. it's really nice of Ritwik to choose a lesser evil for women.but we choose to interpret the burkha as a reminder of their lower status in the society.many educated women may choose to interpret it as their belief in their religion
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:41 pm

we can't choose lesser evils for women sitting here.
personally i feel something really evil should be done to rapists.
because people these days take the law very lightly,everybody knows u can get away with any thing may it b jumping a red light,murder,rape.there is no fear whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:59 pm

well castration in public is no soluyion..
hvng a weapon is evn more dangerous....it cn be used against u....
pepper sprays cn be a solution....bt smthng needs to be done to improve the mentality of the rapists....
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:24 pm

ya sumthing needs to be done in terms of guidance and all but first fear, should b instilled,among people. probably some real harsh puishment,or strict rules.things won't work now, without people fearing the law.
Back to top Go down
sankush

sankush

Male Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 pm

yo.. i like da topic... lemme tell ya somethin which is true...k.. i was in boys hostel n wen i was in 8th wen one of my friend was sexually molested by a senior who we neva thot wud do such sort of things...ma friend can neva provoke dat guy rt... so its all da desperation n to tell ya somethin i hate des ppl n da only treatment is life imprsonment or hand dem to ppl we will decide abt it.... all da girls out here n everywhere .. its da independent world so no one needs to b scared.. we need to fight bak.. wear wht ya feel like ... peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/officialsanbpage
Ritwik

Ritwik

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 pm

samridhi wrote:
there, there guys. it's really nice of Ritwik to choose a lesser evil for women.but we choose to interpret the burkha as a reminder of their lower status in the society.many educated women may choose to interpret it as their belief in their religion

A clarification: I never mentioned anything about lesser evils. That was Ankit Govil and not me.

I don't have a problem with people dressing the way they see fit of their own free will. What I do have a problem is with the mandatory imposition of any dress code [be it a burqa or otherwise] on society or a certain section thereof.
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 pm

no ritwik i just checked yours is the 12 comment,pls see that.
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 am

This is what I had posted:

Quote :
So what? Even if the statistics are true, I would prefer a higher number of rapes to all women living [scarcely] under a burqa.

A rape is a one time aggression against a person's personal space, while wearing a hijab is a constant reminder of a woman's "lower" status than men, and of women being treated just as sex objects, as if there are no other dimensions to their personality. Taking away the freedom to dress, and to force people into wearing something as shockingly unaesthetic and restrictive as the hijab, over a period of time, is probably a worse crime than rape.

Maybe you are talking about the "is probably a worse crime than rape" bit

If so, then I stand by what I had said.
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:42 pm

this topic is well thought n posts have been interesting.accordin 2 me there r many aspects.
1)there is no denying that there are frustrated freaks out there.some who r sick n some with who r really desperate.only way to deal with them is the strictest punishment.
2)for the ladies i am sorry to state that this world is not ur utopian one where you might wear anythin u like n not get noticed.first things first people wear such stuff to get noticed n when u do get noticed u can not expect everyone to behave in the manner in which u think is right.there r many kinds f weirdos out there,so u they might act in a disgraceful manner.
3)until the time our country gets out of this transitional phase where crime in all forms is rampant n goes unpunished women should strike a balance whether they like it or not.expecting you all to be dressed in salwar all da time is absurd but then there r boundaries as of now in india if u want to avoid undue attention from sickos.
in no way am i claimin that women in salwar;s r not raped but in cities a fraction of the problem is attire!!!
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:50 pm

i feel...

in our country 'sex' is over-rated...

take sex as both...gender as well...
Back to top Go down
sankush

sankush

Male Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:57 pm

true .. i go wid sahil....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/officialsanbpage
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:38 pm

adi there r many societies where women can wear nething, and not be noticed. so it's not utopian. but i agree with u that indians are kinda stuk up!
but i would like to point out that all women take precautions.and are more or less aware of what to wear where!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:47 pm

i dun agree to that samridhi...girls these days are so hell bent about 'fashion' that they tend to forget what to wear where....and i am pretty sure that most of us here would agree to this....
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm

so who r u blaming nikhita?
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:04 pm

i am not blaming neone samridhi...i am just telling you that it's not the case that girls are conscious about what they are wearing where....i mean...am not saying that there should be 'rules' about whjat to wear where...but definitely as you said that one should be 'aware ' of what to wear where....which is not happening these days...it hink this 'fashion consciousness' is taking over the awareness!!
Back to top Go down
Riju

Riju

Female Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 pm

nikhita:

oxford defines fashion as "a popular style of clothes, hair, etc, at a particular time or place"

the key word is popular. so when we talk about being aware and a girl being
"fashinable" then she is being nothing but aware about the popular
clothes etc.

if we spot a tall, sim, , very fair american lady wearing a mini skirt and a
short top with a deep neck, then we would all consider her as "sexy".
but if the very same attire is worn by a fat, huge, black afican lady, then we
all would probably laugh at her.

th place is same, the dress is same but still that american one has 100%
chances of "provoking men"... where as that balck african lady in
being grotesque and ugly.

u may say that both the ladies are not "conscious
about what they are wearing where", but only one is being
"provocative".....
Back to top Go down
Riju

Riju

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:49 pm

abhinavverma said:"i wld like urcomments on the statistic brandied abt by most
supporters of the hijab that countries
like iran have considerably lower instances of rape and
molestation than say uk or russia"

first of all i ask u to present the recent
"statistics" about the rape cases in iraan and that too from a
trusted source.mbut before you do that i am going to turn your attention
to the points you ahve very conveniently missed:
islaam recognises rape as a crime, but in iraan, rape
taking place within home or in prison is not considered rape and is completely
legal... dont ladies in prison wear burqua???

islaam prohiits killing of a virgin lady. so when ever a
virgin woman is sentenced to death then she is first raped by he policemen
insde the prisin.. do u have statistics to give the number of rapes in prison
when it is not a crime.. and what about rape done in home???

also he rape laws in iran are very strict:
they have death sentence for rape and child molestation. also in courtsevidence of a female witness of this crime is inadmissible unless accompanied by that of male witness.
Back to top Go down
Riju

Riju

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:56 pm

TO ADI:
every human being wants to be notice through his/her actions. so there is absolutley nothing wrong in "wearing stuff to get noticed"
please do not sing a song of "right kind of attention and wrong kind of attention"...
as long as we accept the fact that all of us are different from one another we willl get attention. this can in no way be avoided. we cannot control the "type "of attention we get.
refering to my example of an american and an african women wearing same clothes , i would mention that every person gets attracted by different things.
so by checking what types of clothes we wear we cannot, ever, stop or avoid the rape cases, cause we cannot control thoughts inside the other peson's mind.
Back to top Go down
Riju

Riju

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 pm

for me rape is when the partener says "no", to a an activity which is defined sexual in nature ,be it a woman or a man

the very notion of women provoking men, is absolutely nonsense and clearly absurd.

for me, no one can provoke anybody.
we all get provoked, cause it is all in the mind.
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:32 pm

well riju, your comments soo dont make sense and u still keep commenting...as in get a life dude...wassup with these nonsensical posts?...try n make some sense at least...fer heavens sake...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women provoke men!!!!   Women provoke men!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Women provoke men!!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next