Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHADES OF SIN

Go down 
+6
supriya
sankush
Nikhita
Pragya
mervyn.samuel.george
Sabika
10 posters

What's hot on campus this year?
Kohl
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap22%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 22% [ 9 ]
Heels
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap2%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Kurtis
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap7%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Jholas
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap2%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Harem pants
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap5%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Capries
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap12%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Skirts
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap20%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 20% [ 8 ]
Dresses
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap7%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Gloss
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap10%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Shirts
SHADES OF SIN Vote_lcap12%SHADES OF SIN Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
Sabika

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:43 am

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
June 24, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Have you noticed that jo padhna chaahta hai usse padhne nahiin dete aur jo padhta nahiin hai usske liye incentives ki baad baha dete hain!!! If you haven't guessed what I'm hinting at, it is the troublesome procedure of managing to get admission into a decent college of your choice! With the creation of new quotas (to add to the existing hundreds) and stagnating number of seats, its a jungle out there...

It starts with the pre-boards, goes on to the boards, closely followed by the eligibility criteria, then the cut-off, next the entrance, phir the group discussion and last but not the least the interview! Phew!!! And it doesn't end there! I find it most inconvenient having to go all the way uptil the campus and check the college notice board for the results! Even more so today, when all colleges have their respective (extremely redundant) websites (which have the sole purpose of adding to the chaos)! Even if you manage to get through several places, (to your pleasant surprise) its incky pinky ponky between the choices thanks to the absence of credible sources to substantiate your decision!

But then it's not all that bad if you take into account the campus-hopping and bumping into school friends whom you end up lunching with, at the college canteens!!! Checking out what's hot on campus is another fun thing to do if you are fashion-conscious...

Ragging, somehow, has always excited me! I had been looking forward to it, until the wretched government decided to intervene with the fun tradition and very obviously the year when I had to join college! I could go on and on about how everything has been particularly unfair with us... For instance the removing of the most painful chapters from the course the year after we pass on to the next class, the introduction of hideous id-cards from our year of admission into school, and yeah the list goes on... Coming back to ragging, I hope my seniors wouldn't disappoint me; but in the meantime I'd like it if they could be of some help in the incky pinky ponky... father had a donkey... father died- yeah! you get it!!!

Last edited by on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
mervyn.samuel.george

mervyn.samuel.george

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-06-05

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 am

Since the purpose reads "What's hot on campus this year?", I choose to respond post 16-23 July.
My frequency to the campus this academic session hasn't been worth casting vote, so I'd fix this on my part then, unfailingly.

Approximation only leads me to "jholas" and "shirts".
Though something hints at me, "skirts" wouldn't do much this year.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:22 am

i think nothing from the above rules the campus.it's the intellect which rules every year..outer appearance hardly matters..it is the inner beauty which has its own aura..
Back to top Go down
Sabika

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Addressed to Pragya:

Inner beauty expresses itself outwardly in its many manifestations... I strongly believe the way you dress portrays a sense of identity; reflecting your personality in many ways (belongingness to a group or differentiation from it, for instance)! The colour you wear can indicate your mood besides your liking/disliking! It additively shows receptivity to change; in thinking and behaving, or I daresay we could have run around in leaves! If you do give a thought to it, it is intellect after all!

Why do you think man has been so fascinated by different cultures around the world? Answering my own question, it's because he wants to know more about them! Culture is the created part of the world... the man-made bit! I just thought I could borrow some ideas through this poll and experiment a little on my own! I'm sending out the wrong message, I presume, if you thought me to be an obsessive fashion-freak! I am just open to suggestions, studying people through trends (observational learning)! I personally think an effort to look good never goes waste... It just shows you are making an impression!

Last edited by on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 pm

sabika
i understand what you are trying to say, but teh fact of the matter remains that its you ultimately that counts and lasts an impression. yes, the outer appearance does make an impact, but its not the only way you can make an impact.

and once in college, you'll realise that u dont really have the tym and patience to be too specific about the way you dress, and there may be times when your sense of dressing wouldnt reflect your personality, because it becomes more a matter of comfort than a matter of style once in college.

and lastly, its you who makes teh impression and not the clothes. you might be dresses in levis and benetton, but if you dont have it in you...the impression will remain only till the style of dressing!! nuthin more than that....
Back to top Go down
Sabika

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Nikhita

You, like Pragya, are again just re-inforcing my point... Choosing comfort over style is also an image of your attitude! I want to make it clear that I am not talking about obsessive fashion-frenzy! I am addressing an array of aspects associated with dressing styles which might not even be at the conscious level! Why do rock lovers adorn black? Why do punks spike their hair? Clothes are not just about covering yourself, they are also about what you like, what you want to be, where you come from, what you do! And yes in the end what you are...

Can't you make out the non-conformity to norms when you see a female in a skirt at a pooja? If someone comes in a crisp suit and tie for an interview, can't you judge his dedication towards getting the job, or the indifference of the guy next to him in jeans, t-shirt and floaters? Take school uniform for instance, it teaches you unity; unity with the school and with the students! College on the other hand believes you are old enough to see diversity and harbours freedom to discover yourself as a seperate individual! Clothes do matter, they are a part of us and they do give an insight into the person...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:05 pm

okay agreed...but i might love black, wear it most of the times...but hate rock...not even listen to it!! then??? you'll end up deciding ..oh she's wearin black ..so she has to be a rock fan??? or will you guess sumthin else about my personality from my love for black?

it might be a matter of choice and likin, than a matter of what you are and what you do!!!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:07 pm

let's do one thing...ypu met me yesterday...saw how i dressed...temme what you gathered about my personality from that? lets seee how close you are to guessing mah personality from mah clothes...
Back to top Go down
Sabika

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:10 pm

REJECTING THE SYSTEM.....
Jan. 19, 2007 at 11:56 PM

And randomly I pick up the first register in my reach, flip it to its
last pages and begin to scribble with the only pen that writes that I
happen to fumble upon in the dark... the way I always begin on
anything! Too much of a co-incidence won't you think? Sometimes I feel I am part of this secret controversy by one of those Greek Muses that dictate from your shoulder or as they might put it "inspire" you...
another puppet in the invisible hands of fate, probably with
imbalanced if not broken strings...

So, I haven't been able to put myself to sleep and am coming up with
all sorts of after-dark insomniac, crazy ideas to distract myself...
but then a part of me recognises them as futile attempts at
suppressing the nagging desire to write... The razai seems warm no
more and I surrender to the urge, wondering if I really had any other
option... Catharsis I call it... Writing comes to me naturally as the
only other way besides weeping to get it out of the system and I don't
want to cry right now... Even the light from the heater seems
sufficient; rather inviting I'd say...

It's about time that I stop lying to myself and admit it... I AM GOING
TO MISS SCHOOL AFTER ALL... no matter how many pain-in-the-ass bruises it has given to my ego, for I cannot deny DPS RK Puram's role in helping me discover the ego, besides teaching what it means and
nurturing it... Yes, these last two years have been looooong and I'm
happy that they're over... but no matter how much I try to run away
from the fact... the truth remains that I am a Dipsite and the school
campus has been making me sick with nostalgia the past FEW (and no more, you get that?) days... I guess its been my Defence Mechanism:
'Rejecting the system before the system rejects you' as Rejection
continues to stand out as my strongest fear!

Now to all those of you whose calls I'm repeatedly ignoring and others
with whom I've been conversing in monosyllables without making eye
contact... I'm learning to live without you and its SLIGHTLY
uncomfortable even without your INSISTENT glares... Very bluntly, I
don't know how to deal with farewells and goodbyes (with GOD KNOWS how much of good intended at heart)...

As my parched throat hurts, I can't help letting go of withheld tears
rebelling against my strength to prevent their out-break... and as
they stain my strained cheeks... It finally sinks in... I'm leaving my
second home!!! For so many years I had been successively growing
complacent and in a matter of a few days everything becomes uncertain to the limit of being unsettling... and its like "13 years down the drain... What the heck???"... But then at the same time I know (or do i?) who all are walking with me beyond the school gates and no doubt they are very few... Its disheartening to know that you're leaving so much behind... but then again, everything that has made a difference is a part and parcel of me now and however hard I wish to rip out all of it; I realise that's what makes me what I am and minus this I am nothing... My luggage suddenly seems heavier as the ends of my lips twitch into a meek smile...
Back to top Go down
Sabika

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:31 pm

I seriously can't see where this is going... I put up a harmless poll just coz I gave an insignificant one-liner on how checking out trends is fun for facchas who mite be fashion-conscious! As you can see nobody has really replied to my blog entry which commented on issues like ragging and the inconvenience caused by systemic failure of DU! I addressed how we need credible sources before we finally decide to join a particular place!

I repeat, I don't claim to be some know-it-all of fashion! I thought a poll might attract more viewers and add to my marginal knowledge on fashion before I go shopping for clothes pre-college... plus this is CampusLive and checking out what's hot is fun!

A complete non-issue seems to have stolen the spotlight... Anyways, if you insist on my judgement on the basis of your dress-sense here goes nothing.... I believe you take risks and experiment, you do not shrug at the East as you embibe what appeals to you from the West! You choose comfort but don't downplay fashion entirely! You are image-conscious no matter you admit it or not...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:40 pm

sabika...i think you are blowing it out of proportion..instead of talkin about ppl not being responsible enough to reply to other posts of urs which actually deal with student issues, try takin things to ur stride..positive or negative...be happy about the fact that atleast you are concerned, if not others and try and do sumthin about it...and as far as my personal interpretation of those issues is concerned, i am a part of this organization called UNITED STUDENTS which has raised these issues a lot of times in campus...and i dint see the need of replying to your posts cause i am doing what i can about the issues....

and ya...m here to tell you about any trend at campus you wanna know about...but you were the one who wrote about trends you follow marking your personality...pragya had just made a statement about NOthing ruling the campus...but not that she cant tell you what trends are goin on in campus...(by the way, even i voted in your poll, so its not that i was against ur poll per se...) it was fun till you made a comment which i didnt agree to...so i jus spoke my mind!!!

and as far as ur interpreation of my personality goes...i rather not comment! (and dun take it otherwise....i'm just trying to tell you my views and not asking you to follow them..)
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:08 pm

and yeah sabika...i am also a student volunteer, doin this campaign for my organization....so "probablly" ur search for a credible source might end here...i'll be more than glad to enlighten you about the admissions and the choices you should make...i've got used to it now (with me makin the choice wen i tuk admission, to guiding the fresher's for the last two years..and ya i really havent dissappointed anyone as yet)...so if your ego allows you to...you can definitely talk to me about the inky pinky ponky decisions....
Back to top Go down
sankush

sankush

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-06-07

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:59 pm

damn girls... u all need to chill down.. we dont wanna have a cat fight hitttin up out here... just write watcha u feel n dont agree or disagree... state only ur point... i will appreciate u girls fo dat... thx
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/officialsanbpage
Sabika

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:03 pm

Nikhita:

If you might have gone through my introduction... I am a LSR journalism (Hons) aspirant though I don't think I have done very well on their entrance! I applied in Kamala Nehru and DCAC too... I got through DCAC and am awaiting results for the interview round at Kamala Nehru... Most of the results come out tomorrow! I think I'll make it through to Kamala Nehru but since LSR doesn't even have an interview I have some serious doubts of getting in! Now what I'd really like to know is which is the best place to go w.r.t. the course ofcourse! Some peolplle say that LSR is just a brand and if you go by college rankings it is the best but otherwise the course is not exceptionally good! Kamala Nehru is catching up with its innovative techniques and apparently hasnt gotten enough credit for its efforts! Now, it is DCAC which is giving me maximum problem... either people tell me its brilliant or they say its pathetic... nothing in between! Its kind of irritating regarding the fact that as of now thats the only place I have got through

Lastly but more importantly, how are Mass Comm and Journalism different? Nobody could give me a satisfactory answer to this one... I have given IP College for Women's entrance and need to clear the Objective type to get through to the Creative Writing one... So basically it boils down to this, the debate is between Mass Comm & Journalism and if Journalism then between LSR, Kamala Nehru and DCAC!!!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:50 pm

ohkay i'll give you a simple straight answer:

between journalism and mass comm, choose mass comm at IP because it includes journalism in it, and also has other things to it. Plus, the placement is amazing due to it being the only degree course in mass communication in delhi. also, it is a much beautiful and interestign course than journalism hust for a simple reason that it also works on your PR skills, and i think you'll definitely enjoy it more!!

now..if u dun get thru IP...and u have dcac and kamla nehru to choose from...then i suggest just decide wetween whether u want to go to a girls collg or a co-ed college...cause the faculty and the course is exactly d same...so its just ur call...i'd personally prefer dcac..thr crowd more hipper...lolz...nuthin lyk that..jus make ur call..and if u neeed more insight into the difference between journalism and mass comm u can lemme know or call me up at 9818318359.

san...no cat fight happenin here yaar..just exchangin views!!!
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 12:43 am

holy moly...dinno exchanging views wud turn to an exchange of coals on fire:shock:

sabika ...yer poll was fine...its quite common to c polls like thses cumin up in all kinds of publications...so obviously nefink contoversial abt it.....but i guess u cudve increased the choices ...fer ze intellectually challenged(those who challenge their intellect....my definition plz:) Smile poplas...me included !
personally i fink ze 'hot' thing these days is ze strange rollercoaster ride mother nature is takin us to...sweltering heat one day.....n a blissful relief of the rains the next....its just too bizzare....n if its happening in delhi...its hot on campus as well
doncha think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
zephed

zephed

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 11:00 pm

@ Sabika

This poll seems to me as frivolous as Britney Spears' presence in a band like Iron Maiden. Apart from falling into judgemental lines that narrow-mindedness has now compelled us into, it also materialises the outlook of every man, woman, child and any other element of the society within which we funtion.
Now, what you might be wanting to focus on is the dressing trends that are doing the rounds in the campus these days. Trends are merely set by people who are willing to experiment. It is paradoxical, indeed, that those willing to experiment often tend to conveniently (and sensibly so) overlook the afore-sighted opionions and judgements of the person in front. The man in the mirror is your only adjudicator. Hence, they carry on their experiments without any hesitation or scepticism. Now, it is for the other person to see and follow what he/she has done. The paradox, here, that i'm hinting at is that trends are set by people willing to be oblivious of any sort of judgement to be passed, and those who follow it are ever so conscious of looks and other such things! Smile

@ pragya
Inner beauty is something, which i say now with utmost regret, that is, as a concept, lost in today's world. Time is something that is a major constraint, and hence we draw our conclusions merely on what we say, most often, rather than on what we observe!
If everyone were to appreciate inner beauty, my dear, we'd be living in a utopian world, don't you think? Wink
Back to top Go down
zephed

zephed

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:23 am

correction.. what we see, most often, rather than on what we observe...
Back to top Go down
Arjun

Arjun

Male Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2007-07-01

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm

hey this poll should be only for the girls....or is the questions being asked what looks hot in the campus? then i shall sumbit my vote Wink
Back to top Go down
tanay_candy@yahoo.co.in

tanay_candy@yahoo.co.in

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-02

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

of course,the gurls!!!! why in the hell wasn't it part of the options?????
Back to top Go down
gurpreet_bagga

Male Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-08-12

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 pm

its fiting time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SHADES OF SIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHADES OF SIN   SHADES OF SIN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHADES OF SIN
Page 1 of 1