Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anti ragging squad...ya right!!

Go down 
+4
pal_nandini
Nikhita
Sahil
aditisharma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
aditisharma

aditisharma

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-07-15

anti ragging squad...ya right!! Empty
PostSubject: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi. This is my first blog on campus 18….weird how different I feel about this , even though iv had my personal blog on blogger for almost a year. well, that was full of random stuff, this will be full of…random stuff too, bout about college. So here goes:

Today was the orientation day for the fucchas (urghhh…I hated being called that a year back). It was a really funny sight to see small, scared eyed huddles of fresh blood in our college, ready to be picked on by…ahem..the SENIORS..!i remember my fisrt day in college, I was like a lost puppy.I was so unsure of every girl who looked at me, thinking her to be my senior, and the prospect of being ragged by them made me feel very uncomfortable. Lady luck, for once made up her mind to be nice to me, so I went to college for a week , without having to even give my introduction to anyone (NOTE: introduction being the lamest form of raging). By the time the whole ragging period was over, every fresher relaxed.

But well, times change (in this case, in just a year), the entire college was plastered with “NO RAGGING”, “anti ranging squad” posters. There were leaflets being distributed to every girl, which said the same thing- no ragging allowed. Then there was this poster, which laid down a series of rules that were, apparently, punishable by law if u did not adhere to them. It ranged from “no jibes over caste/religion/humanity during interaction with the juniors. Strictly F-R-I-E-N-D-L-Y interaction with the freshers. No physical abuse allowed. Any fresher can walk out from this “interaction” whenever she feels like, no bullying, no teasing, no abusing, etc etc.” their position looked good. And our purpose of coming to college seemed defeated!

Woman’s Development Society printed around 600 copies of “coping with delhi” booklet for the out station students, which had all the important no.s , like, the D.PO, Mrs. Meera Ramachandran (principal of Gargi college) another such emergency no.s. The time table’s were put up. We didn’t get to catch a glimpse of it though, with all the freshers huddled around it, hurriedly noting down theirs.

No ragging took place today, though tomorrow might be a different story. Waiting to meet all my out station students. Till later. Tah!tah!
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 pm

i soo hate not being able to rag my fachchas on the first day....police n all....urrrgggghhhh!!!!!....what crap is this...fun sucked out of the first day of clge... :-(
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:39 pm

we weren't even allowed to say a hello..."any form of personal interaction could be interpreted as ragging and hence reported to the police"...this was our teacher's statement to us!!! aarrrgghhh...hated it!!
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 12:08 am

yaaa same in mah coll...NSS volunteers...so strict and all...
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 1:06 am

they do know how to squeeze out the juice from a lemon dont they...
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
Riju

Riju

Female Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 6:29 pm

while all the media is busy checking the raggin inside the classrooms no one really seems to bother about the ragging done in the hostels which takes place thru out the first year...
and when it comes to ragging in the hostels of enggenering cllges the story is completely different and sadly untold..... barring the top clges of IIT and DCE, the ragging done in other collges which are not obsecure but are usually the second options of students, ragging takes it most hideous form.
my very close frnd and his batch ws ragged very badly in their hostels. thr slapping the junior 20 times hard, is "only a form of ragging.."
i guess no "anti ragging squad" is distributing thier leaflets thr.
it is really sad to see tht ragging in du cllges which is many ways frdnly attractes so much negative attention by media, meanwhile the true picture which needs to be foccused is very convenietly blurred.
Back to top Go down
Sahil

Sahil

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 am

i second riju's thoughts here...
Back to top Go down
yellowink

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 am

youre just sad if you think raggings the only reason youd want to go to college.
Back to top Go down
ishabhalla

ishabhalla

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:21 pm

hey i guess this new rule really sucks...u knw all seniors arnt bad n i guess ragging is the best way to know ur juniors and it can be fun if you know where to draw the line...its jus thx to som gross minds that this fun has turned into a pain for many....anyways i miss not being ragged....three yrs back when i entered college...no one thot i was a fresher so....the second day i went to the seniors asking them to rag me...n trust me it was fun...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anti ragging squad...ya right!!   anti ragging squad...ya right!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anti ragging squad...ya right!!
Page 1 of 1