Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?

Go down 
+4
jamshed
romina.madan
Nikhita
avinc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
avinc

avinc

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Empty
PostSubject: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Recently due to the opening of various hookah (sheesha) bars across delhi the intake of hookah has increased a lot as all college going students and majorly the youth tend to go there and take hookah as a leisure or as a social timepass.

I had been recently interviewed by CNN-IBN Live for my opinion on hookah as friend had been interning with them and since i had a hookah at home and was a regular user of it too they asked me some questions and told me some facts which i found hard to believe.

Some of these were ...that hookah is worser than fagging as we intake 10 times more than that of a cigarette... this i didint believe as the tobacco in a hookah is just 0.4%.

The other fact they said was that the aluminium foil and the coal thats used..also releases carbon monoxide and also the aluminium vapors are indirectly inhaled by us..this leads to excessive AL in the body and eventually leading to the Alzheimer's disease..which is quite dangerous.
This i believed though because i researched upon it..but then its also said that there are various kinds of low %age AL foils available specially for hookah and the disease will only happen if one is a regular 2-3 times a day hookah smoker.

INTERVIEW LINK:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/41578/beware-dont-be-hooked-to-hookah.html

if you have any opinions or are aware of any ill effects do post!
Back to top Go down
avinc

avinc

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:28 am

who here is a regular hookah taker?!?! and who hates it any why?
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:29 am

am not a regualr taker...but yea...once in a month types...and i soo dunno about wats gud in it and wats bad in it!! i jus know how to take it...lolzz!!
Back to top Go down
romina.madan

romina.madan

Female Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 pm

i dun really know the ill-ettects of hookah...neither do i wanna know...i enjoy taking it sometimes...its good fun!!! am nt addict thou
Back to top Go down
jamshed

jamshed

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 pm

im not addicted 2 hookah but ya i do visit hookah bars @ least 1ce a week....personaaly i dun think dat it has any side effects and if any,den it wud hardly cause us any harm as its not always available like cigarettes in the pan shop...moreover its a good substutute 4 drinks n puff...soo hookah rocks 4 me!!
Back to top Go down
YUVIKA

YUVIKA

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:09 pm

i havnt taken it ever so i really dont knw wat it feels like or i shud say taste like..........so til den i wud say dat it is HARMFUL but once i wil try it ,may b my opinion change Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
chiggs4ever

chiggs4ever

Male Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:57 pm

I'm just wondering where the hell r all the Sheesha lovers??
R they so busy in there things that they dont have time to register here?? or m i d only vela guy?? lolz
anyways...

damn true.. CO (carbon monoxide) is harmful for ur lungs..
causes Emphysema,decrease in ur tidal volume n lung capacity..
arterioles tend to lose their elasticity n hence oxygen intake is less....

hookah is more harmful than cigs.. dont go by the content..
nicotine is about 0.25-0.5% n it is tar free...
but the bong itself acts as a source of smoke trapped in the least amount of air causing formation of CO and to top it all we use coal and aluminium foil..

these things dont really matter.. do they?
addicts will do sheesha ... right??

but one should know the harmful effects..!

one example...
if u or ur frnds do smoke up MJ(marijuana/weed) or Hash, then u must have noticed that a person smoking up in a normal cig or rizzla or blunt doesnt get high so fast as compared to the person smoking up in a bong(whether glass,water or even pipes)... bong helps to create an area where air is very less..say marginal..

i hope u got my point...!

peace
Back to top Go down
ambi

ambi

Female Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:43 am

its safe fun..in facts it gives u a great kick
Back to top Go down
crank

crank

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:26 am

nah never done it and i dont see any point in doing either. same with sutta for me.. haawa ander, haawa bahar. bleh

just before hookah lovers and fag addicts flame me here, the above is totally in my humble opinion. you like to smoke, i dont. peace.
Back to top Go down
chiggs4ever

chiggs4ever

Male Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:06 pm

@ambi
it is fun but aint safe lady...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?   Hookah: Safe fun or harmful? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hookah: Safe fun or harmful?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: