Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the world of led zeppelin...

Go down 
+3
mandeepchadha85
avinc
adi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

the world of led zeppelin... Empty
PostSubject: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 pm

As i write this post i cannot decipher whether i am writing it for myself or for others...anyway here it goes...
For those who have had the pleasure of listening to led zeppelin i congratulate you...for those who have'nt i will try to give you reason to do so...

I was in class 9 when i learnt about led zeppelin and managed to grab a cassette from my senior in my school band...i was desperate to get to know more about music that was considered as somethin beyond this world and since i saw my seniors talkin about led zep i could see they were zapped by the music...and so my journey began...the first song i heard had to be stairway to heaven bcoz i could not resist the herd mentality...i loved it because of the guitaring and feel of the song..it was so consuming...each time i heard it felt somethin new ...then i tried to listen to other songs but they were not so appealing to me in the begining...as time past i started listening to all their songs...i was possessed to say the least...
"the lemon song" made my soul rise and fly..."kashmir" made me imagine the mystic land they were in and i travelled with them through mysterious roads to lands unseen...
"when the levee breaks" consumed me with its intensity and power...the battle of evermore took me thru pain and suffering..."moby dick" made me feel happy for some weird reason...and "whole lotta love" made me indulge in fantasy and passion...and then came my favourite "going to california" which i would sing deep inside...and relive the thoughts wherever i was...
"babe i'm gonna leave you" made me cry for a change and "over the hills and far away" really took me to the peak of romance ina very diff way...

this was their music...
then i staerted watching their videos and was mystified with their live performances...robert plant was a talented freak and jimmy page was a god with his style and brilliance...john bonham was a crazy talented drummer and jean paul jones was unassuming and dark...

then came the stories behind their songs...stairway being a anti christ chant ...a paen for satan..i searched and searched till i found out that sources said they had sold their souls to the devil...that page had bought a house in scotland which has no inhabitation around t for miles and was used as a dungeon by some man before him where he tortured people... my interest became an obsession and i deciphered each word in their song havin double meaning ,references to the devil and what not...all these years i have listened to them each time it takes me hours to stop listenin to their songs and start thinkin and actin properly after i do so...its been so severe that i do not switch my comp on anytime close to the exams...to avoid a brain crash for a short time...and they still continue to fascinate my with their album covers...houses of the holy had naked chilren painted in gold climbing up rocks towards the sunrise or sunset...its been an amazing ride...whether they really meant all those things in their songs or it was a marketin gimmick in my mind they are the gods of music and define it deep inside my heart...
Back to top Go down
avinc

avinc

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:43 pm

i love stairway to heaven and kashmir...dont know why i never liked any of their other music... but i respect them wholly..and always will...theyre a legend
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm

o led zep has been one of mah fav rock bands ever.....stairway to heaven, kashmir, over the hills, since i ve been loving u....awsum songs man...
Back to top Go down
vaibhav

vaibhav

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 am

too long fo me to go through, but hell i like led zep.
Back to top Go down
kartick

kartick

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm

zeppelin surey gets u high.........
Back to top Go down
KartikDhar

KartikDhar

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Been Dazed and Confused for so long its not true
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=6019721291975322303
Reverie

Reverie

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:53 am

there's nothing one can dislike about led zepp. if you love stairway to heaven doesnt mean you're a LED ZEPP fan.
(just like like the wall doesnt make you a floyd fan)

from whole lotta love to over the hills... you can't not remain struck.

Led Zepp has forever ruled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the world of led zeppelin...   the world of led zeppelin... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the world of led zeppelin...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: Music-
Jump to: