Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males

Go down 
+5
Torsa
mayo
virender.vyas
adi
Nishaan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nishaan

Nishaan

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-04

The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Empty
PostSubject: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:53 pm

I’ve noticed that more and more guys today are quite comfortable with crying in public. And the strange thing is that it is being treated as perfectly acceptable behaviour. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo sobbing after Portugal lost in the World Cup, and all the girls in the world collectively going “Awww” (Or “Ooooh”, depending on their mood at the time). I know it’s understandable in his case because he was playing for his country and that must mean a lot to him, but this is happening far too often.

Now I don’t think its wrong for a guy to cry, but there must be certain stipulations:

a. Not crying more than once in a public location.

b. He should have a maximum allowance of one emotional breakdown per year in front of friends. If he doesn’t cry in that one year, the emotional breakdown from that year cannot be carried over to the next year. So don’t even think about saving up for a sob marathon.

c. He must have a legitimate reason. Like a pet dying or something. But guys crying because they fouled out of a basketball game in school? Guys crying because some girl whose name they don’t even remember dumped them? Guys crying because a fellow guy friend does not give them enough attention and instead concentrates on the hot girl with big boobs? These are NOT legitimate reasons.

The main reason I brought this topic up is because I am worried. I am worried that someday in the near future, guys who don’t cry will be looked down upon by society. I’ll be walking the streets and guys will be passing comments like, “Oh look, it’s the guy that doesn’t cry! What a fag! I heard this one girl stood him up on a date and he didn’t even shed a tear. How lame is that?? I bet he doesn’t even have a tissue or a handkerchief with him right now. Wanna know why? Because he’s the guy that doesn’t cry!!” , followed by 70% of his homeboys cracking up and waving their pink hankies in the air, and the other 30% crying and blowing their noses into their hankies because they sympathize with my plight.

Guys like me aren’t the only ones who should be worried right now. Girls who appreciate and encourage this unfortunate phenomenon should be wary as well. Right now you might say “Wow, he’s so comfortable with his masculinity that he isn’t afraid to share his feelings and cry” or “I love a man in touch with his feminine side”….But you just wait till the day comes when he starts sobbing uncontrollably because you told him you thought those pants made him look fat. You just wait…
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:56 pm

damn funny post...i support you totally...this post shuld have had more replies where is everybody??? the guys???
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:57 pm

damn they must be cryin rite now...
Back to top Go down
Nishaan

Nishaan

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:46 pm

hahah thanks man....and I hope not (to the 2nd part).
Back to top Go down
virender.vyas

virender.vyas

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Really appreciate the way u carry your write ups !! wrapped in
element of sarcasm and wit !!
Back to top Go down
http://vyasunleashed.blogspot.com
mayo

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:16 pm

amazin post dude!!!!! Freakin funny !
Back to top Go down
Torsa

Torsa

Female Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:00 pm

hilarious post!! loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.torsa-g.blogspot.com
pratap

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:56 pm

hahaa...nice post man...i can see where ur coming from:twisted:
Back to top Go down
Nishant Rohatgi

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:00 pm

ahha...dude similar names similar thoughts!!!
"The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males"
- voted best post of the Month!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nishaan

Nishaan

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 pm

thank you everyone...and especially Nishant, for having a similar name.
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

Female Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 pm

agree with nishant...amazing post..
Back to top Go down
pratimdoshiii

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:56 pm

nice write up... !!!

but i dont think il cry in public... !! lol !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males   The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unfortunate Phenomenon Of Melodramatic Males
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: General Blogs-
Jump to: