Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stage fright

Go down 
+7
Kashan
vaibhav
shashwati
somya
Nikhita
mandeepchadha85
palaque
11 posters
AuthorMessage
palaque

palaque

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-25

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 pm

heya ppl
survey says stage fright is the 2nd most prevalent phobia in this world:pale: silent ...the first is reptile phobia affraid

so,share ur experiences on stage...
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:53 pm

well...frst couple of times it really scared shit outta me...i couldnt get a word outta my mouth...but now i ve kinda started liking it...its fun...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:22 am

stage...am sure u'd agree palaque that RYAN'a prepare you for any stage possible on earth..my first stint with stage was way back in 1992 wen i joined ryan's and we had thia annual function..montessori kids as usual had to do this cute lil dance in cute lil 'pink' dresses...i was nervous obviously..but seeing our teachers dance beside us gave me the courage to do teh dance with full masti...since then there's no lukin back...from conducting the school assembly, to dances on annual days, to theatre workshops to INMUN...have done it all...and only people i can thank for that are my teacher's at Ryan's who taught me to believe in myself....isshh...i miss my schooll...again!!
Back to top Go down
somya

somya

Male Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-07-30

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 am

well said nik....d teachers at RYANS......i still remember Madhu maam was d first one who gave me a chance to conduct d morning assemply.......n i was like g g g g gg goodmorning everone Smile .everone was laughing....it was succha embarrsing moment.itzzz okkkkk yaar....happens to everone.....itz natural.
bt since den.....im doin good...been a part of all stage shows,debates,seminars.... n dat all made me d head boy of ma school for 2 yrs....hv gotta record der at arwachins. haahaha enough boosting bout myself..
bt ya....d first expiriance would never 4get...
Back to top Go down
palaque

palaque

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-25

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:19 pm

well niks yaar..
it seems u hav pushed me back in ryans once again...
those annual days and founder day's preparation use 2 b funtime for all of us..no studies,only masti n masti..
but for me things werent that easy,as i got back 2 stage eaach time after big intervals...actually,i got back 2 stage in 11th after an interval of 2 intervals..obviously,too nervous,underconfident n damn i screwed this one big time...i wont mention how n when,coz i really dont wanna recall that particular day coz it was damn damn damn embarassin..but at college,i hav got over this fear and i hav turned out 2 b better speaker than i use 2 think iam...so,i'll thank my coll for driving that fright out of me...
Back to top Go down
shashwati

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-29

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 pm

stage fright....well if anything can give me the hibbie jibbies -its the stage...whenever am on stage i feel wierd in the stomach like a monster is siting right inside growling away and am all shaky... top to bottom....and every damn stage appearance is a first for me...i mean i would always have to go thru the whole experience again ....so its pretty bad in my case....
Back to top Go down
vaibhav

vaibhav

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-07

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:23 am

not really for me...i kinda like being in front of so many people.
Back to top Go down
Kashan

Kashan

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-04

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: What's stage fright?   stage fright Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:15 pm

I have been associated with the stage since the past 9 years. I used to be a very shy person and wasn't comfortable around a large crowd.
Then I landed in a theatre production in my school (still can't figure out how and why). Since then it has been a good journey on stage. I have swept the stage floor, have pushed the props around, acted as a mute and directed....So, now, after 9 years I would say, "What's stage fright?"

To Act is to be Yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kashan

Kashan

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-04

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:18 pm

To ease the pressure on the stomach, head, face etc. before going on stage, just shake your whole body. let it loose and just shake it. you will feel better if not free of fear.
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:22 pm

i think i share a love-hate relationship with the stage....as long as im not on it, im scared of it....but once i am up there..i cant think of a better place in the world.....the lights , the height and the audience ahead gives me a high....it empowers me somehow....n nervousness disappears automatically
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
ady celestation

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-06-27

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:02 pm

i remember my first few experiences on the stage...way back in school...disasterous...
d first one was a extempore competition...i thot of a few points...went and poured them out...n finished em up in 30 seconds...den feeling a loss of words...said thankyou and rushed out...
den went for a speech kinda thing...remembrd the entire thing by heart...and yet...when i stard speakin...coudlnt lift my head of d script...
the first few experiences...no doubt are utter fiasco's...yet they are inevitable...n they make you learn...giving way for emergence of great confident speakers...
Back to top Go down
ateesh

ateesh

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-07-10

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:58 pm

for some unknown reason i havent ever experienced what stage frieght is .... whn up there it has always been like " this is the place to be!"....learnin what its like .. i feel lucky tht i never faced it!
Back to top Go down
gurpreet_bagga

Male Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-08-12

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:27 pm

ya frst it was a big fear.. bt i hv managd to cme over it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stage fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: stage fright   stage fright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stage fright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Campus Buzz :: Campus Live-
Jump to: