Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avoid a horror roommate!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sweta

sweta

Female Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Avoid a horror roommate! Empty
PostSubject: Avoid a horror roommate!   Avoid a horror roommate! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:04 pm

Avoid a horror roommate!

Those roommate horror stories you’ve heard don’t have to happen to you. Instead, try these tips that I have compiled to help you get through four years of residence-hall life.

Communication is key. If you have a problem, speak up about it. Communication doesn’t mean leaving your roommate a Post-It Note when you’re upset. You both need to sit down and talk your problems through. This helps you avoid the problem of your roommate finding out about it through friends or suitemates. Remember, your resident advisors or don, will be trained to as mediators. They will be more than happy to sit in on discussions if you need them.

Sometimes it’s helpful to think what exactly the problems are that you’re having with your roommate and write a list for your own benefit. This will help you organize your thoughts and present them tactfully.

When living with a roommate, it’s absolutely essential to develop some house rules. These can include guidelines about quiet time, cleanliness or borrowing each other’s things. Laying down guidelines right away can drastically improve your living situation.

Be considerate. Consideration for each other means respecting the other person’s self, space and belongings. You will be expected to live in cramped quarters for many months, so it’s crucial for you to abide by the Golden Rule. We all know it: Treat others as you would have them treat you. If you give respect, you will receive respect in return. Try to be especially alert to each other’s need for space and quiet time. Understand, however, that sometimes people may not even be aware of things they do to bug you and vice versa. For example, a person might have a nervous habit of tapping a pencil while she reads. She might be oblivious to it while it drives her roommate crazy. Communicate with each other about how you can show consideration and respect.
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Avoid a horror roommate!   Avoid a horror roommate! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:13 pm

Roommate....ahhh....ADI hope u r reading ths re..neways frm the pics that i have posted in photo blogs, u ppl can guess how much fun i had during my hostel life. I got the best roommate dat i could hope for. Be it music or sports, we shared a common opinion. We cracked best of the pjs and played some real crazy pranks. We fought and we laughed together. It was great. I must say that the key to having good time with ur roommate is to be considerate. Very rightly said sweta. You need not to be fussy about small issues. Just chill and enjoy ur hostel life
Back to top Go down
sweta

sweta

Female Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Avoid a horror roommate!   Avoid a horror roommate! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 7:55 pm

That's intresting Very Happy ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Back to top Go down
ambi

ambi

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Avoid a horror roommate!   Avoid a horror roommate! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:50 am

wat if u r livin wid 3 other gals and 1 f them is irritating the hell outta u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avoid a horror roommate!   Avoid a horror roommate! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avoid a horror roommate!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: