Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!

Go down 
+5
ankuj_sifar
shashwati
anwesha_ghosh
AnIsHa RaLhAn
Nikhita
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Empty
PostSubject: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Never knew the starting of session 2007-08 at Kirori Mal college, Delhi University had so much in store for me ....in fact i should say...had so much to shock me!!!

Enter KM and you come across a Blue Steel Plate saying "KIRORIANS NEVER RAG"....sheessshhh...Kirorians?? ?what the heck is that????
Okay...a minute of disbelief and i realise, ahhh i am one of those...Students of Kirori Mal = KIRORIANS!!!!! nodding my head in disbelief, i enter the classroom...

KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Raggingso1.th

another shock....my juniors are WEIRD!!!! They don't want to know who we are...they don't want us to know who they are....they don't have any questions to ask...seemed like they've been in college for lyk ages!! If this was not enough...the third shock of the day...Saumyajit Bhattacharya a.k.a Shomu sir a.k.a the coolest teacher in the eco department tells us not to even talk to the fresher's...huh??? i couldn't believe my ears when he said "Don't even talk to them!! any form of personal interaction with the fresher's could be termed as ragging, and a police complaint be made against you!!"......i mean coming from shomu, we knew he was serious...but Kirori mal and no ragging????? how is that possible???

chalo theek hai...we took it in our stride and walked out...thought we'd catch hold of them the next day....

Day 2: We catch hold of our juniors and decide to do a normal introduction session with them....comes shock no.4 : A GUARD SITTING ON OUR HEAD TO LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY...any form of personal comment would also be taken as ragging??? kya bakwaaasss hai!!!!

Day 3: SHOCK OF THE YEAR : A guard checks on our teacher too!!!! Glaring at us and the lecturer from outside as if the lecturer is going to rag us or something!!!

Man...i so couldn't believe my eyes....is this the same place where we found hoards of cameras on teh first day with evryone laughign away to glory when ragged??? it is soo not!!! I soo miss the OLD KM...without any rules...or checking...or restrictions....where i felt like a student of college, and liek some culprit in teh jail...where me and my juniors were like teh best of pals just because of the ice breaking sessions in teh initial days the previous year!!!

I really feel bad for the first years...they'll never get to knwo how it truly feels like when u join college...how it feels to know teh seniors..hows it lyk to hang out with the seniors....

I SOO WISH that he supreme court decision hadn't happened...and i wouldn;t have lost my college...KM wouldn't have lost it's charm....

KM'ites wouldn't have become KIRORIANS!!!!
Back to top Go down
AnIsHa RaLhAn

AnIsHa RaLhAn

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 1:55 am

hahaa...nice nice...i dnt undrstand y raggin is overly hyped n restricted...damn! poor seniorzzzz
Back to top Go down
anwesha_ghosh

anwesha_ghosh

Female Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:17 pm

Kolkata is famous for the warmth in colleges and boasts of a basically peaceful "introduction" session with no mishaps except for maybe a few gunda colleges like Jadavpur University, NIT Durgapur and Shibpur BE Engineering college. But somehow this year's batch stuns us all.

Case I: 1st day of freshers. A 4th year asks a 1st year junior his name. The junior decides to abuse and slap him. When other 4th years support their peer, he decides to wield the power bestowed to him by the Supreme Court. The senior ends up in the nearby police station and is not arrested only by signing a bond of not "ragging" again.

Case II: A 3rd year asks a kid passing him his name. The kid takes out his phone and calls up his mom and tells her that he's being "ragged". This lady appears in college within minutes (does she know magic?) and runs up to his class (the guards are too busy "guarding" the freshers from "ragging" to prevent this lady from entering grounds not open to public. She immediately creates a ruckus, abuses the other students and threatens to file an FIR.

Case III: A group of juniors taunt a senior by "requesting" him to rag them.

The Supreme Court definitely designed the anti-ragging rules for the benefit of 1st year students from having to face the ugly things that seniors do to "introduce" themselves to the juniors. But is this why the law has been introduced, so that it can be used against seniors who actually mean no harm while trying to be friendly? Heritage Institute of Technology has never had ragging and we are proud of the bond that we share with our seniors. But with things getting so out of hand, we have decided to boycott the 1st years till they learn to differentiate between what is happening and what they're expecting. We don't care what connections they have. Parents are requested not to encourage their children to exploit their rights. If this is what the present generation is being taught, then we can understand how they would make our country "proud" through their (mis)deeds. All we say is, does the Supreme Court allow first years to (b)rag???
Back to top Go down
shashwati

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:59 pm

'kirorians'!!!!...could have been kmcians...kmites sounds good too...but 'kirorians' sheesh!!!....and whoa!!! doesn't that sound familiar to the sign board that has been put up in hindu college ....i mean when will plagarism among college's end...
heheeheh

ragging was so much better for me to interact wth my seniors...Nikhita being one of them....now i beg to differ on one part....my juniors are not all that bad...i mean yup they called us 'mam and sir'...the first few days then switched to adding a didi right after our name...became crazy about notes and books from the first day.......and actually messaged us thank you sms's after already wishing in person.....

but its ok...i was like them too...shy and pretty over the top wth my antics....the only thing to regret is ragging.....that is fun...something to remember ....and recall later...
Back to top Go down
shashwati

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:01 pm

and i do hope we weren't all that annoying as u accuse the new batch to be....
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 pm

shashwati..i wasnt accusing them of anything..but all i wanted to say was that they thought that they knew evrything..though yes, they have come a long way since i've written this post...but yea..that was my first impression about them!!

and as far as u guys are concerned...you were the warmest batch i have come across...more than we making you feel comfortable in college...you made us comfortable with you..which is remarkable...it's a known fact in kmc, that i love my juniors big tym, and i was the only one trying to convince my class about how sweet you guys are!!
Back to top Go down
shashwati

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:46 pm

though little i have spoken to u or my other seniors....the feeling has been quite mutual....Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:52 pm

awww...am sure we'll get more time to bond this year during pareto time...that's the best time to know your seniors!!
Back to top Go down
ankuj_sifar

ankuj_sifar

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:30 pm

raggin is amost unheard of at ip university....yet we were threatened about action bein taken....all jst for askin a fresher to introduce himself..

3rd yr would mean a sense of power...ghanta..if uve gta scamper at the thought of freshers filin FIRs....
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

Female Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 pm

i really feel sorry for our juniors for not being ragged. hav strict rules in r coll too followed by threats of landing up in yerwada jail..only now it has an added attraction..sanjay dutt being there..Wink . but wat is coll without ragging n dat too a coll which is famous for ragging...(only we call it POP ---personal orientation programme). well, now wen i luk back on my days as a fresher, i pity r juniors. they don't know wat they r missing...silent
Back to top Go down
pratham_sharma

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 11:43 pm

lol! how do v believe dat...
Back to top Go down
karanchadha

karanchadha

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Ragging is the one of the only ways in which the juniours and the seniors communicate . . . and the government wants to remove the communication link between the students .Shocked
whats the use of being in a college if the interaction of the students is confined within their own classrooms ...Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.karansmusic.blogspot.com
vatsal mittal

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:49 pm

i'm nt frm kirorimal cllg so i can only say this "bechare kirorians"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!   KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KIRORIANS NEVER RAG!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Campus Buzz :: Campus Live-
Jump to: