Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?

Go down 
+33
stutiagarwal
fatboislim
SOUMAVA
Angita
coolguy.rishabh
rajeshsabnani
Birmohan Singh Pahwa
srimoyi
Torsa
symmydavid
mandeepchadha85
adi
becky
karan
angadranyal
ritika.suri
somya
nayanika
avinc
Tirthankar
pal_nandini
ady celestation
psyflyinhigh
nehagulati
Nikhita
jamshed
jyotsna
simrandewan
Pragya
Ritwik
vaibhav
Vineet Modi
smriti d
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How would you choose to get married?
Love Marriage
Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 38 ]
Arranged Marriage
Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Tirthankar

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Brain says arrange marriage but heart says love!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
avinc

avinc

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 1:19 pm

i believe you JUST cant marry someone you dont even know..
i might just agree for arranged marriage if im allowed to be engaged for an year or so..and see if we like each other even..if we do then its cool
Back to top Go down
nayanika

nayanika

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:35 pm

Wow...So much on a simple topic(or rather,one which looks rather simple)...Both kinds of marriages have their own set of advantages..Wink but then,love marriages do seem to be the vogue...
Back to top Go down
Tirthankar

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:26 pm

now nayanika sums it up i guess
Back to top Go down
nayanika

nayanika

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:43 pm

Hmmm..well,i guess i do...
Back to top Go down
somya

somya

Male Number of posts : 440

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:51 pm

dis authority lies wid ma parents.....bt at d same would definately take my parents into confidence if im upto ny luv marriage n all.....
Back to top Go down
ritika.suri

ritika.suri

Female Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:16 am

i totally agree with u somya .... id haf a lov cum arrange marriage ... das d best n d safest way to go bout it!
Back to top Go down
angadranyal

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:06 am

surely love marriage.. but i doubt whether i will ever find a gal dumb enuf to fall in luv wid me..Smile
Back to top Go down
karan

Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 am

well, it all dependz at whether i fall in luv or not..........
oderwise, riti is d 1 who guide me on dese issues....i will take her advice.........
Back to top Go down
becky

becky

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:04 pm

hahhah!!! well..i will follow the crowd...not that my opinion
is influenced ..but i really think that we should make our own decisions in life...love marriage rules out many disadvantages
with form an inevitable part of arrange marriage such as ...it takes a life
time 2 know some one better and if u already know some one and the relationship
materializes in to nuptial bond then nothing like it...u are simply
blessed from the heavens....

if the love marriage doesn’t workout , u still know that it was ur decision and u
gotto stand up 2 it ....one is reminded of the good times as they say and u can
pull it through...which for obvious
reasons not possible with arrange marriage !!!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Quote :
if the love marriage doesn’t workout , u still know that it was ur decision and u
gotto stand up 2 it ....one is reminded of the good times as they say and u can
pull it through

wat if the partner says "he/she couldn't understand me in all these years...so there is no chance of him understanding now" !! don't you think they have an added incentive to pull apart earlier if they are going through a bad phase? i think love marriage kills teh feeling of adjustment to an extent...you expect the other person to understand since he/she has known you for long, and hence end up not adjusting yourself (which is the basis of any realtionship!!)
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm

arranged marriages are the easy way out...those who have the balls go for love marriages!!!ha ha...have the courage to take the blame for what happened inside as wel as outside the bedroom...in arranged marriages you handle only the inside dept...and inter racial well its so cool to put up with a person who has totally diff habits n traditions...easier said than done tho...but biologically intercaste marriages are good as the children are genetially stronger.that i no for a fact.most arranged marriaged tend to be inside the community which sucks big time...i personally wud go for an inter caste marriage...my parents hd it and i like what has come out of it..me and my sister...he he...one more thing is i want to enjoy many marriage ...ek hi to din milta hai...

Last edited by on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm

Quote :
arranged marriages are the easy way out...those who have the balls go for love marriages

was this sarcastic???

cause if it was not, trust me in today's age...those who have the balls go against the so called "hep" tradition of love marriages sir!!! it takes guts to 'not follow the crowd'!!!
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm

exactly babes...i agree with ya nikhita....i guess thngs have changed now....considering dat arranged marriages have become a rare thing among "hep ppl", its really a gutsy thng to do......its about taking a chance...a gamble dat can work mirracles in ur future, and if u aint lucky...GOD BLESS Ya,,..
Back to top Go down
symmydavid

Female Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:20 pm

wether love or arranged love should be der in the relationship. love should be der all along. keep d fire burning!!!! waht say others??????Smile
Back to top Go down
Torsa

Torsa

Female Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 pm

I would prefer Love marriage, coz as it has been already pointed out, 'tis more comfortable ... And at the end of the day, if a rlation doenst work out- I would take it as destiny rather than putting the blame on any particular "type" of marriage for it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.torsa-g.blogspot.com
srimoyi

srimoyi

Female Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 am

well arranged marriages do not mean dat ur parents r compelling u to gt married to sum1 u dnt wnt to spnd ur lyf wid....usualy a lot of reseach goes in2 da entire affair..n statistically arrnged marriaged record lesser divorce rates..so i guess its more foolproof dan n impulsive love blinded juvenile decision taken by ppl wid limited lyf experiences.
n hey love doesnt happn 2 all due to reasonz watsoever....
n young love may nt last a lyftym.........Sad
so
my vote goes 4 arranged marriages.Smile
Back to top Go down
Birmohan Singh Pahwa

Birmohan Singh Pahwa

Male Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:10 am

DEPENDSSSSSSSSS UPON THE GIRL affraid

lol!
Back to top Go down
rajeshsabnani

rajeshsabnani

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:48 am

Love and then arranged....Smile
No comments,its upon every1's discretion and preference..Nothing is wrong or right...
Back to top Go down
coolguy.rishabh

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Love marriages don't tend 2 work out mainly because after a certain point of time, things get saturated.......actually so much time is spent together before marriage itself that the 2 persons start taking each other for granted........"adjustments", which r the building stones of a succesful marriage take a backseat generally.....people just refuse 2 budge

But i agree with jamshed.....even 4 arranged marriages the 2 persons should b given at least enuff time 2 start liking each other(being 2 hopeful maybe).........
Back to top Go down
Angita

Angita

Female Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:30 pm

I really don't understand how marriage in such a debatable issue and specially with our folks most of the time, don't you just fall in love , work hard, earn something and then get married to that person..The equation is so simple..I wonder y it turns complicated, unless after several love failures you decide not to trust your own taste so much, or rather more know that your parents know you sooo well that they'll know exactly who you want!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tirthankar

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:16 pm

marriage aint that simple lady.......................its a life long commitment 2 another person,..........link between 2 families...........................n lot of other things..............
my vote 2 personal discretion.............do wtvr u want but think b4 u do.......................SmileWink sunny hav a nice day ppl
Back to top Go down
SOUMAVA

SOUMAVA

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 pm

I thnk u shuld hav one more option... like " love marriage with consent of parents ",,,,....,,,, MARRIAGE is a very important decision of our life which decides the future of our life.. all the happiness,sadness.. everthing depends on this one decision.... so atleast i dnt wan to take ne wrong step... jst giv a thought abt this,that our parents hv so many dreams regarding us.. and one such is marriage... so we shall nvr hurt the sentiments of our parents.. parents r the first priority... parents dnt wan2 ruin the lives of their beloved children... so we shuld take their suggestion before taking every important decision...
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:07 pm

nikhita...maybe arranged marriages are a gutsy affair coz eeryone else is goin for love marriage...but a love marriage is certainly neeeds courage coz only u have responsibility for it...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 pm

Quote :
nikhita...maybe arranged marriages are a gutsy affair coz eeryone else is goin for love marriage...but a love marriage is certainly neeeds courage coz only u have responsibility for it...

adi...you are equally responsile for any sort of marriage going on the rocks...love or arranged..there are ppl who will blame their spouse for their love marriage to have broken...and there are people who'll blame their parents for their arranged marriage to not have worked out...as i see it...you are responsible for any sort of relationshipt o have broken...arrange, love, friends or anything!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?   Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love Marriage vs. Arranged-which stand do u take?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next