Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homosexuality

Go down 
+11
bhawika
Danielle Dsilva
adi
thoughtstorm
Runjhun
Thirumoy
amrit_jmi
samridhi
dhruvkh
crank
Catty
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:29 am

how dya guys feel about homosexuality? i mean, its a crime in india, but homosexuality isnt a choice somebody makes......its just the way they are...ur views
Back to top Go down
crank

crank

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 am

Homosexuality Fdabc7a22vj

well its about homosexuality, aint it? Razz
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:45 pm

@crank
No, that image is about homophobia which is condemned in most developed/tolerant/non-south-asian-and-arabic countries
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:35 pm

ok.m ok wid homosexuality.but(u guys might kill me 4 this) i think sumtimes we over do it,i mean the hype.we make it sound cool and all. so people who r confused bout their sexuality make want to be a homosexual,because it's cool.
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 pm

hmm i believe what you do in the privacy of your bedroom is entirely your business...u can use ur hand or that of sum1 else...doesnt matter to me...but (and this goes more for countries like india) when out in the public one has to keep the sensibilities of the people in mind....accepting homosexuality does not mean that homosexuals can b so out in the streets...i personally have no problem but all the aunties and uncles and dadas and dadis will...and we can b a little considerate of them can we not?

but then there are other questions as well...like homosexual rights....should gay marriage be allowed? should homosexuals be allowed to adopt kids? these are all very sensitive issues and in a country like india i do not think such measures are going to b adopted any time soon...perhaps in a decade or 2...when our generation with (hopefully) more liberal values takes over some steps can b taken...but till then keep that love in the bedroom...
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 pm

@amrit_jmi
thats EXACTLY what im talking about......u said that the dadas and the didis and the aunties n the uncles are gonna have a problem, but how many of them are comfortable with their kids havin pre-maritial sex?
im sorry, that IS out of the context of this thread, but society DOES look down upon that.....
and while we'r talkin bout that, did u know dat anal sex is ALSOa crime in india??
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:04 am

yea catty i do noe abt india's stance on anal sex....but see one as u said that's an entirely different issue...but who really cares if anal sex is prohibited in india? if u and i get together in my room we can do watever we want from snorting crack cocaine to takin it up in the a** no1 wud really know about that...so y worry if its prohibited or not??

for the other dimension, which is how society wud react if it did noe wat we were up2...as i said that is a change that is going to come on very slowly...if at all...i noe that in the name of freedom and liberty homosexuals expect to be allowed to do their thing but if they are realistic they cannot expect that to happen overnight...for example in the context of adoption of kids by homosexuals one has 2 consider the kid also....what and how will his upbringing be? perhaps his 2 dads are perfect and loving but how will his friends in school react? how will his teachers treat him? how will not having a mother affect his psyche? will he be brought up into homosexuality himself? and will that be fair?

there are so many and so complex questions that one cannot legalise homosexuality just in the name of freedom and liberty...you can expect perhaps support and understanding from your friend circle but for now do not look beyond that because u will only find ostracisation and ridicule...
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:34 am

ok, but how bout the thousands of kids who are being brought by a single parent? and how dya think a kid will react if their parent remarries?
and y oh y does every1 jump to gays wen sum1 talks bout homosexuals? there IS a thing called being a lesbian.
and the point is not whethr one can do anal sex or not. the point is WHY BAN IT since every1 DOES do it.
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:43 am

i only say gay coz i dun wanna type homosexuals its too long and gay is shorter than lesbians too....dun think too much abt dat bro i mean homosexuals rest assured...

secondly...yes children raised by single parents or remarried parents are going to hav a different than "normal" upbringing as well...but can u deny that having a set of gay (or lesbian) parents will be much more different...and more difficult 2 accept for a society?

as for banning anal sex...well catty i dun need 2 tell u wat u already noe bt there are a lot of pointless laws out there that just cannot b justified...can u justify cigarettes being legal but not marijuana?
Back to top Go down
Thirumoy

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:18 pm

Gay activists have been subject to loads of trauma worldwide...I dunno if u guys hv heard or not,there was this colossal congregration of gay right activists in Australia,n they were brutally assaulted by the police there...
This is not right!
m sure the so-called "homosexuals" are not so by choice...Its not their fault they are gays...the world n especially countries like India and the Arab countries should learn to accept homosexuality n lesbianism as a part of the society...
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

hear hear, thirumoy

and hey, amrit, marijuana is banned 'caus it intoxicates the nervous system...but its only banned if ur smokin em...anyway, ever had bhang? another pointless law, why ALL drugs are banned but not bhang
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Catty wrote:
hear hear, thirumoy

and hey, amrit, marijuana is banned 'caus it intoxicates the nervous system...but its only banned if ur smokin em...anyway, ever had bhang? another pointless law, why ALL drugs are banned but not bhang

catty we ll have 2 have a different discussion for me 2 understand what u exactly mean by intoxication...and its myriad implications....check my blog "time we talk about drugs" in the blogs section if u can...

hmm yes i hav had bhang indeed...and on holi day it is actually sold over the counter with complete knowledge of the police in various parts of the country
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:34 pm

um....dude, its NOT illegal in india
Back to top Go down
Runjhun

Runjhun

Female Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:21 am

in my opinion homosexuality shud be respectrd...........
n now it iz......

every one has the rite to chuz wat they want in life....... n they are responsible for it........
Back to top Go down
thoughtstorm

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 4:36 am

precisely, homosexuality is not JUST about SLEEPING with someone of the same sex....if a woman could connect more to a woman, than to a man, what's wrong? at the end of the day, its a SELFISH world, as far as theya re happy and content with whatever they are doing, its noe of our bussiness, to question.

interfering with privacy, is such a sad act...
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:34 am

homosexuality is fine.but you know what, these days i feel some people get into homosexuality for the wrong reasons.like suppose a wife unsatisfied by her husband...i think if one is an homosexual they will feel that themselves like a natural attraction towards the same sex...
let me take this debate to another level....
shud homosexual couples be allowed to adopt kids???Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

hmm well adi first of all this is not another new level...me and catty have already been discussin dis if u havent read da forum so far....neways as a refresher let me tell u that the adoption of kids by homosexuals is obviously a very sensitive issue....as mentioned before there are concerns like the treatment the child will face from his peers...as well as the environment he will face at home with the absence of either a dad or a mother...these are obviously not "optimum" circumstances for a young life to grow in....but then catty brought in another dimension

what about single parents? or what about children whose parents are divorced or even remarried? when their situation is compared with a child with a set of homosexual parents then where do the differences lie? how do we compare these 2 environments against each other...

the point being that one opposed to adoption by homosexuals on grounds of the environment 2 be faced by the child
should also consider the environments faced by children in the above-mentioned scenarios....this much has been shared by catty

so where is this next level??

and as for your wrong reasons....i am not too convinced by ur subjective perceptions....if a wife gettin into homosexuality because her husband does not satisfy her how does that compare to a wife cheatin with another man? do we keep homosexual infidelity and fidelity on an even keel? i personally believe that in the situation u have cited infidelity in itself should or could be a cause of concern...not a homosexual aspect of it....i do not claim for myself nor do grant u the right to decide what the wrong or right reasons are....
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 pm

As far as adoption is concerned.. consider the following..

Why would a homosexual couple adopt a child?

Ans: Because they get tax rebates? Because they can go shopping, bang into a friend and say "Hey! Check out this kid I got last week!"? Don't think so.
They adopt a child because they want to care and nurture. Is it fair to be denied the right to raise a child just because you connect better (romantically) with men than with women? That's discrimination all over again!

Question:
What is better? Having the love of 2 parents both magically of the same sex or fighting for food in an orphanage?
Don't think I need to elaborate.

Fact is, society may consider adoption by gay couples unacceptable but we can't use that as a justification of our own opinion because we are society and our opinion is society's opinion. If we change our opinion today, all of society will follow.
If not, all indian gay couples will flee to more accepting countries like Canada.. and I believe there's a term for that.. Oh yes! Brain Drain!
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:45 pm

yeah, i dont see why a homosexual couple DOESN'T have the right to have kids
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 5:48 pm

I believe what you meant to say was that you don't see why a homosexual people SHOULDN'T have the right to adopt kids..

The reason they don't (in India and in many other countries) is because society is ignorant and likes to shut its eyes to a reality until it slaps it in the face..
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 9:21 pm

dhruvkh wrote:
As far as adoption is concerned.. consider the following..

Why would a homosexual couple adopt a child?

Ans: Because they get tax rebates? Because they can go shopping, bang into a friend and say "Hey! Check out this kid I got last week!"? Don't think so.
They adopt a child because they want to care and nurture. Is it fair to be denied the right to raise a child just because you connect better (romantically) with men than with women? That's discrimination all over again!

dats an excellent point...
Back to top Go down
Danielle Dsilva

Danielle Dsilva

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 pm

i think ppl shud b more open minded...its a personal choice n by goin
against sum1 who is doin sumthin which God didnt intend doesnt make u a
bad person or a threat 2 society or wateva.... u know wat? gay guys r
the best frnz a gal can hv.... n 4 all those who hv a prblem which
homosexuality i hv this 2 say 2 u.... go suck an egg tongue
Back to top Go down
bhawika

bhawika

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:25 am

sexuality hs a lot to do wid d mind...n if sumone prefers ppl o same sex...den wat man...its cool..atleast dey r doin wat dey want to...its so individualistic..i think its ones personal choice...n no one shud fuck neones happiness..by tellin dem wats right..n wat aint...homosexuality is pretty normal...n yeah it shud b socially acceptable...homosexuals hv as much rights as al o us......lets face it...evn if v dun socially accept homosexuality..it still exists mayb...behind closed doors...but ya cant deny it...its dere right in front o us...dere isnt no point treatin homosexuals as lesser mortals...or homosexuality as prepostrous!!
Back to top Go down
Nishaan

Nishaan

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:31 am

As far as the gay couple adopting kids thing goes..you guys should watch the South Park episode called "Follow The Egg"....but if you get offended easily and have never heard of South Park, then stay away from it.
Back to top Go down
ambi

ambi

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homosexuality   Homosexuality Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:48 am

i think it perfectly normal fr homosexual couples to adopt kids
Back to top Go down

Homosexuality
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: