Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collge OR Course??

Go down 
+12
manika
ady celestation
amrit_jmi
Runjhun
YUVIKA
nachiket
funkitushar
abhi
diehard_divinity
Arjun
ankita
pal_nandini
16 posters
AuthorMessage
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:50 am

This is the dilemma of every student who wants 2 enter the Delhi University Sad Sad ...What shd i choose???The course of my choice but not so good college or a good college with not ur choice of course Question Question

i would go for my choice of course Smile because i think we shd study wat we like afta all those 3 yrs spend at DU will be the deciding point in mah life..... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ankita

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:19 pm

i totally agree with you nandini..lot of students today are running after the college....but what they fail to realise is that after they pass out, what they have studied is what will matter and not from where they have studied...n the worst part is..evry student realises this... but after the admission ordeal is over....honestly speaking....when i was trying to get thru DU last year....i really wanted my choice of course..but didnt want to compromise on the college either..of course i was saved from the dillemma when i got through my choice of college n course..both!!!
Back to top Go down
Arjun

Arjun

Male Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 pm

A mix of both maybe......i would think if the college gives me opportunites for extra-curricular activities then i would go for the college, as a degree of DU doesn't make much difference, better would be to make your resume strong with ECA.....
Back to top Go down
diehard_divinity

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:27 pm

course should be the first priorty. if u keep on running after some college and neglect the course of your choice, you wont be able to cope up. the college will not help u once you have passed out, it is the matter you have studied that matters!! study
Back to top Go down
abhi

abhi

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:17 pm

course is a priority definitely !! y should a person get stuck in a good college but not without a course he/she likes !!! One should try and get a mix of them though... i know that's tough !
Back to top Go down
funkitushar

funkitushar

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:38 pm

I think college doesn't matter.Course with Marks and communication skills matters.
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:01 pm

I'm from bombay but its obviously the course that matters more than the college.....what's the point in doing a course which won't matter to you later on?:S
Back to top Go down
YUVIKA

YUVIKA

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 am

hey i think course matters n not the college as now a day v r represented throu wat v hav done n not frm whre v hav done ................knowledge matters n dat means d course
Back to top Go down
Runjhun

Runjhun

Female Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:50 pm

ahh......
i left MIRANDA HOUSE n came to AGRSEN..... coz i waz getin journalism..............

i guess.... in the long run its wat u r..... n nt frm wer u r.....!!!

Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 11:23 am

yes i agree.....u cud be in the best college but score the worst in ur course and the college will not b able 2 help u in ur career....u cud b in the worst college but if ur stellar in ur course u will get noticed and will score opportunities....
Back to top Go down
ady celestation

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 pm

well it might be a differnt case with du...
but if u are considering engineering colleges then prefering the college over course wudnt be a bad option
coz your ultimate aim here is geting placed...and better companies will visit a better college...
plus most of the regular companies today are open for all students regardless of their stream...
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 pm

hey runjhun.....nice answer....yup 4 me course matters always....
Back to top Go down
manika

manika

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:04 pm

For me course is d 1st priority.....though clg also matterz alot ....but if u r interested in doin accounts n u force urself wid history den ur future dusn't seem so bright baby....!!!!

im stuck up wid a not so gud clg coz f my course but i hav frnds who keep me updatd wid d latest n dun let me feel d need 2 go into a gud n popular clg....
Back to top Go down
SOUMAVA

SOUMAVA

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:35 pm

IF WE HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN COLLEGE AND COURSE..THEN.. HMMMMMMMMMMM I WILL GO WITH COLLEGE...BCOZ THE INSTITUTION MATTERS THE MOST ..IF UR PASSING FROM A GOOD COLLEGE THEN UR ALWAYS IN DEMAND AND GOOD INSTITUTIONS ALWAYS POLISHES THE STUDENTS... WEN U PASS OUT THEN ALONG WITH THE DEGREE U CARRY THE NAME OF THE COLLEGE... THIS MAKES A GREAT IMPRESSION
Back to top Go down
palaque

palaque

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:36 am

though iam not in DU,but hav spent few weeks there..i think one should select course not college coz after an year coll can b changed but course cannot b..for changin the course u just hav 2 score above 60%
Back to top Go down
somya.gupta

somya.gupta

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Quote :
i think one should select course not college
coz after an year coll can b changed but course cannot b..for changin
the course u just hav 2 score above 60%

Well, even the course can be changed after one year...u can be upgraded
to a better course (i.e. the course which u prefer).....okay...coming
to the topic....to me its a mix of both (as has been mentioned by
somebody already)....i'd rather put forward my point with an example:
say if one is getting Mechanical or Electronics in an IIT...while in
DCE one is getting computer science (the subject of his
choice)....should he join IIT then or DCE...there is a huge difference
on the career prospects offered by these two institutes....However, if
one is getting Textiles in IIT and a better course in some other
college....one should go for the "course" then because the prospects of
textiles are not so good.... therefore I think that both the college
and the course matter....u just have to be vigilant enough about the
prospects and what ur interests are....and ya...a little compromise on
both sides (college n course) can do the trick!
Back to top Go down
tapish

tapish

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 pm

i ws lucky 2 get both.. but honestly.. the course has far reaching implications and is more important anyday
Back to top Go down
somya.gupta

somya.gupta

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm

ya...of course...I never said that only the college is
important...course obviously is verry important...if ones course isn't
compatible with ones aptitude then the resultant can be a complete
failure!...however, as in the example i mentioned above...sometimes
situations arive where u should prefer college on course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collge OR Course?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collge OR Course??   Collge OR Course?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collge OR Course??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: