Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!

Go down 
+14
sparsh_shaggy
akshay brave
Kush verma
zephed
dhruvkh
Arjun
Beautiful Soul
supriya
vaibhavab
ankita
Vineet Modi
Pragya
Riju
Nikhita
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Empty
PostSubject: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Since Campus18 is all about what’s happening on the campus circuit and what’s going on in the lives of students, I thought it will be fun to share with everyone out here, what I love the most – FOOD:lol!: . No...No…I am not treating anyone, nor am I cooking! I’m just gonna tell you guys about the “best places to hog” in and around the north campus. Since, a lot of people out here aren’t from the north campus, I thought they’d like to know about what we eat…when we treat…lolz!! Yes, you got it right…being a KM’ite, I too am obsessed with being a part of the North Campus life. Believe me, it rocks!!cheers

Okay, back to business and what I was going to talk about…..lemme start with the STREET FOOD first…

Top of the list is the ‘BHELPURI WAALA’ outside Miranda House. He serves the best bhelpuri for the cheapest price;) . Rs 10 and your lunch is done!! He has been there ever since, a favorite of the newspaper wallahs – his name is mentioned every year at this time when the admissions are on….am sure he himself doesn’t remembers how many years has he been there! Favorite hang out and eating joint of the very sexy MH girls:face: …you find everyone from the campus coming here for a bite! There’s also another Bhelpuri Wala opposite to St. Stephens, for all those who can’t walk up to MH. The Hinduites and Stephanians settle for him….and me too…it takes a loonggg walk to MH!!

Then there is ‘TOM UNCLE’S MAGGI POINT’ (we have pictures of the place in the photo blog section), which serves the bestest maggi that can be possibly made on earth. No matter how hard you try, you really can’t make it like he makes it! For Rs 15 a plate, and a masala coke to go with it, you treat yourself to a sumptuous meal for just Rs 25:cheers: !!!! Best Part : you geto to see the MH hotties and the Khalsa studs while you eat8) ….lolzz…Basically, a complete hang out zone!!!

Next on the list is apna very own ‘NESCAFE’ at St. Stephen’s. It’s my favourite place (obviously because of the picturesque view I get to see here…Stephanian’s at their best – playing football with their t shirts off:tongue: …ooohhh). The great view…amazing seating (they have logs instead of benches!!) and chilled iced tea…what more can one ask for??cheers

Then we have the Delhi School of Economics canteen…fondly called the DSKOOL canteen by everyone at the campus (even the rickshaw wallahs identify it as Dschool and not DSE). No matter what college you are from, if you haven’t been here…you haven’t seen the campus!!! Babaji, the waiter there is the best waiter int own!! Just tip him once in a while and he takes special care of you….Everything here – right from the Spring Rolls, to the Mutton Dosa to the Jelly Cream is just too yummy:rabbit: !!!! It’s the best place to have a relaxed lunch after a long day of hard work (I miss Idli Sambhar...uuaannnn).

Next is the leader of the hangout zones – ‘Jay Pee Tea Stall’. A small khopcha as u may call it, serving tea and coke, is the heart beat of many at the campus!! Everyone from the campus is found lazing around here – so much that the DSE population is under threat. You get to see UG students more than the PG students!! It’s the best place to realxe with lots of tree shade around it. You’ll find people sleeping, smoking, chilling, playing cricket, or football, or jus singing, and doing what not out here!! The iced tea (just for Rs.3), is out of this world (I have a record of drinking 20 glasses in a day!!). Nandan – the little boy who works there and gets the drinks for us is the smartest kid I have come across…pirat typical businessman….he’ll follow you all the way to ur college in case you forgot to pay him!

Okay, I guess enough of street food (trust me there’s more in north campus that can be added into the list…). Let’s get to some ‘good’ places, so that people here know where to treat us on their birthdays…lolz…*wink wink*

KNAGS– as Kamla Nagar is stylishly called by the students is full of joints where you get great food at great (read cheap) prices…

There’s the very famous ‘CHACHA KI HATTI’ that serves the most amazing Chholey Bhature and Chholey Kulche. Not a place for the diet conscious:evil: , but definitely heaven for the foodies!!! The only place I eat Chholey Bhature is here….and ya ..make sure you go here before 2..or else you might find him cleaning the place!

Bang opposite to Chacha’s is ‘OMELETTES’ – a rather new joint with a very fresh menu, A favourite hang out joint of the North East students....you get all the fast food you want here (Pizzas, Burgers, Sandwiches, Rolls…) – but all Omelette ishtyle!! The Masala Omelette here is almost an inch thick..dunno ho much he whips the batter to make it that way!! Though the place is a little heavy on the pocket, but once in a while can surely be managed!!!lol!

Then behind Mc Donald’s is the most happening – CHINESE GALI (that’s what I call it atleast…). You’ll find 5 Chinese restaurants here one after the other – Chinese Hut, Soho, Noodles, Momo’s Point and Bon Zai. There’s also Chaurangi Lane at the end of this gali which serves yummy kathi rolls ( a rather new joint, so haven’t checked it out much!). The food at these joints is fab and the prices here are supuh fab – a treat for 10, just Rs 500:roll: !!! My personal favourite is Noodles, and I recommend that you definitely try their Crispy Chilly Potatoes, the Sweet Corn Soup and the Chickem Momo’s…..yummmyy!! My mouth’s watering already….

There’s also the famous Keventer’s for the shake lovers!!

There’s also ‘NIRULA’S’, opposite to the Arts Faculty – for all those who can afford to go there that is!! HCF for 85 bucks, not fair yaar!!!!silent

So…isn’t your mouth watering:?: And all those from the north campus – don’t you wanna get back to college as soon as possible:?: I toh surely want to!!! Those U-Special rides, morning tea at Jay Pee, the treats, the masti – am so missing college!!!! And the college life!!!!Sad

Back to top Go down
Riju

Riju

Female Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:21 pm

u knw what....
hmm.......

first day of my college i went to have the famous chole bhattures..
and that was the beginning of my "eating at every college's canteen" campaign.... and i am sure that in second year... the scene would be no different.
jocolor
but i would like to add one more....
art faculties "nimbu paani"........
every time i have it... i get to know what "amrit" tastes like....
drunken
no word can describe the feelin when you finish a glassful of that cause immediately your mind bullies you to have on more!! it made me forget what the pepsi and coke and all those aerated drinks look like...
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:31 pm

hmm RJ i took u there...right..even i like arts fac's nimbu pani..believe me guys it tastes better than bantaa..its only for Rs 3/-...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 6:02 pm

oyee....the only nimbu pani i have had at campus is at the 'cafe' at stephens...why dont i know about this nimbu paani?? aarrgghhh...and pragya beta...mujhe kab lekar jaa rahi hain aap??
Back to top Go down
Vineet Modi
Admin
Vineet Modi

Male Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Hey Nikhita! This was a great post! Post more such interesting places from the campuses and check your mail! I've asked you to write something more interesting!! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://campus18.forumotion.com
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 6:36 pm

thankoo thankoo..i'll keep doing that...coz with such great writers and poets out here...i definitely cant put up sumthin else except for facts...lolzz...and ya...didnt get any mail sir...
Back to top Go down
ankita

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 7:50 pm

hey nikhita..loved ur blog..right on target..and for ppl like me..hanging in between..i mean no direct campus..this just gets better..
Back to top Go down
vaibhavab

Male Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 9:34 pm

PRAGYA!!!
this is evil... RIJu will vouch for teh fact, that it was infact me who took her to teh arts fac canteen to have teh nimbu paani! dont take all teh creadit for urself, u SELFISH girl!

NIKHITA:
sure, im feeling hunger pangs already... waiting desperately for teh college to reopen Sad
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 am

i want to cum north!!!!!
yyyyyyyy am i stuck in westtttttt
aaaaaaargh!!!!Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 am

you can cum there anytime supriya..prbably me and merv can take you for a day out....wat say?
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:24 am

yeh NIKI...add me to the list..food and I ..wow sounds good...lets plan out..and supriya you are invited..we will have fun..
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:25 am

oh ya...it will be great...all of us at the north campus and supriya....yiippeee....bahtu mazaa aayega!!
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:31 am

hey niki we will take supriya to chacha ke chole joint..m sua she will love it..and ya not to forget bhelpuri out side mah college...and if she is a pakka lover of non veg like me then I will take her to my (hindu)college and we will have SEEKH KEBAB ROLLS (i just had:cheers: )
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:34 am

man...my notuh is watering now....and u forgot dskool...i mean how can we not treat her to mutton cutlets...aloo poori.,..and she has to have the iced tea!!
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:36 am

im slurpin all zis with relish....n i will do WHATEVER u ask me to do if u take me to all these wonderful havens of delight....i need a tour to these places...n i fink nobody cud be better than u ppl...cuz zis is yer adda...yer second home..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:39 am

im already gettin impatient guys....niki u make yerself free jaldi se...n DU open soooon....zen v shall go:)
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:40 am

arey am free after 4th.....anytime u say sweetss....
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:47 am

supriya..dont wait for niki,,if u want to come then we will take u there...niki is like a bird..she keeps on flying from one place to the other..
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:47 am

good...then asap after 4th...vl choose a nice rainy day....but r these places open during vacation?
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 am

oh ys yaaar....they are open throughout the year....dun worry!!
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 am

all these places are open...cos most of em are outside colleges like chacha joint, kaventers, omlettes, bhelpuri stall...so lets go....................................
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:57 am

and ya supriya....we forgot our favourite HAJMOLA ki goli....i am sure we would need that.
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

Female Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:19 am

oye......................
you all planning to eat out!!
and you forgot me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hows that posssibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Mad Evil or Very Mad
not fair pragya, niki and supriya...............
dosti ka yeh silla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Crying or Very sad

I WANNA HOG TOOO..............................
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomthoughtsbyswati.blogspot.com
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:22 am

madam plan main shaamil hoen ke liye, you have to be present here too....gayab ho jaati hai forum se...and then u say that u hate us....phutt...Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!   FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next