Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wake Up to the Nation!!

Go down 
+6
PSK....
Aarushi
Nishant Rohatgi
gurpreet_bagga
ankita poddar
Dheeraj
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dheeraj

Dheeraj

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Wake Up to the Nation!! Empty
PostSubject: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:35 pm

60 years of Independance....talk of coming full circle!
At the helm of a 'potential world superpower'....we as a nation face the heat of pressing issues like poverty ,illiteracy, bureaucracy.....vada vada vada!!

I think we as a bunch of enlightened guys can make some sort of a difference...not to resolve the above mentioned issues....but issues which may sound irrelevant and minor but have an impact on the society.....as an example...
1. throwing ur waste (tissue papers/tetra packs/bottles on the streets)
2. excessively honking on the roads (this was inspired from a collegemate...who has himself taken an initiative to launch a campaign against it!!!)

and hence the list goes on....
guys ....lets take step forward towards something substantial ....
you can probably discuss issues which may usually go unnoticed .....but has affected you or someone else in some way ....

uhh.....hope u havnt gone to Sleep!!!
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

Female Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 7:46 pm

kewl post to put up...
luks like the 'independence day' spirit is on..one ques...how many of u vote??? or have a voters id???
Back to top Go down
gurpreet_bagga

Male Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 12:57 pm

i will hv it in sme days......
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:26 pm

plz tell me how to go about getting one...
Back to top Go down
Nishant Rohatgi

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:23 pm

trust me.. u don wanna no..and after tht... votin is a pain too.. it all snds like fun but it aint..
Back to top Go down
Aarushi

Aarushi

Female Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 1:55 pm

totally..but if we dont vote..we got no right to crib bout our politicians cuz we're allowing them to take the lead..
sometimes i feel like a hypocrite... u know feeling patriotic only after watchin some sad movie or reading some book or some national holiday..i try to make a change in my own sphere of influence cuz thrz no point cryin bout stuff thts outta ur hands..all we can do is make ourselves powerful enough to make a difference..
Back to top Go down
Nishant Rohatgi

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:08 pm

.....or take the easy route...and not vote..and crib all the way long!!!!!so...HAPPY CRIBBING:D

PS. "makin a change in my own sphere of influence" take it frm a prsn who has playd the field.. tis jus a good line thts all!
Back to top Go down
Aarushi

Aarushi

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:35 pm

i know n thts y i feel like a hypocrite..its jus a tiny ripple,nuthing more
Back to top Go down
Nishant Rohatgi

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:54 am

he he he.. yep..so true!!!
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:53 pm

v all r hypocrites..till 18 v say v cant vote n then v say 2 much of a trouble. curse the govt..instead v shud b cursing rselves..damn us..
Back to top Go down
PSK....

PSK....

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:59 pm

1 question Ankita,who'd u vote for in the next elections? As in which political party? UPA,NDA,Third Front,Left? WOULD IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE? The best way to make a difference is to stay indifferent to these elections. Or get a someone who's got nothing to lose,and make him your candidate,and get all ppl in the 18-25 age group,obviously those who can make an educated choice! But isn't cursing the govt easier than goin through al that trouble?
Back to top Go down
ankita poddar

ankita poddar

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:18 pm

bjp. it wudnt ruin the country like congress is..
Back to top Go down
PSK....

PSK....

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:49 am

Sure,i think they spent like 400 crores on the "INDIA SHINING" campaign remember? And that wasnt from their pockets,was it? So that kinda takes care of the 'ruining' part.Gujarat riots,Hindu brigades,moral policing,Bajrang Dal,even Shiv Sena,part of NDA culture........
Back to top Go down
naznad13

naznad13

Female Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:53 am

How many does it take NOT to vote to really make a difference???I think ither ways...we can't do anything to really change the system until and unless we try and set things right from our own side....
Back to top Go down
garima

garima

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:03 pm

naaz.... aftr effects of RDB or wat????
Back to top Go down
Varnika Mohan

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 pm

Ya i totally agree wid ya.......
rather than talkin big things....lets start wid small changes.....
Probaly 1st v need 2 correct r attitude 2wards d nation....
aftr all a country is all about d ppl who live in it
Back to top Go down
ambi

ambi

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 am

i agree wid u
Back to top Go down
Aarushi

Aarushi

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:48 pm

and we shud'nt curse ourselves..had there bin anything we cud rlly do , we wud be doin it..and the enthusiasm lasts only as long as the movies---rdb etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wake Up to the Nation!!   Wake Up to the Nation!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wake Up to the Nation!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: City-Speak :: Pune-
Jump to: