Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tapish

tapish

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-07-29

SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Empty
PostSubject: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:50 pm

guys i sup i have apoint.. even if quotas are granted...why shud they be successive. meaning if a person gets into (lets say) iit using a quota.. does he actually require one again to get into the iim's. on top.. does he require it to get and to sustain a job .. and furthermore.. after all this .. cant he ensure that his children get good education....
this is spoonfeeding .. and seriously..........................we are doubting the abilities of indians...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:10 pm

Quote :
guys i sup i have apoint.. even if quotas are granted...why shud they be successive. meaning if a person gets into (lets say) iit using a quota.. does he actually require one again to get into the iim's. on top.. does he require it to get and to sustain a job .. and furthermore.. after all this .. cant he ensure that his children get good education....
this is spoonfeeding .. and seriously..........................we are doubting the abilities of indians...

a. You could have put up this point in the already existing discussion on quotas in the discussion panel and not just increased a thread!

b. as far as your point about quotas being phased out is concerned, absolutely i agree with you, and theoretically the government too...when the quotas were introduced for the SC's and ST's way back, it was definitely proposed that these will be phased out in the future...BUT...this quota issue turned into one that gathered attention as well as votes and hence. our amazing politicians had no way but to keep up with the quotas....

as i see it... it's not about doubting the abilities of indians but more about not giving them a chance to nurture their abilities....if you read the post called "reservations" in the general blogs section, you'd be amazed to know what the youth of the country thinks today (obviously a section and not a general notion)....people look at quotas as a way of not having to study or work hard...the government is doing nothing but propogating work shirking and laziness...after all, quotas are a very easy way to secure yourself good education, good job and a good old age!!

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:30 pm

very very true there...there are ppl who change their last names just to get the sc or st certificate....becuz it is an easy way of squeezing in the institution of yer choice.....y work wen yer name can take u places!
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 pm

beat this sup...i know people who turned catholic and started going to the church when in eleventh just because they wanted to get into stephen's...ppl are ready to change their religion but not put in enough effort to score wat stephen's requires...what can you call this...nuthin but choosing the easier way in...quotas are NOTHING BUT AN INCENTIVE TO NOT WORK!
Back to top Go down
KartikDhar

KartikDhar

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:51 pm

its just bullcrap.
88% of the scientists in india are brahmins. ( till today) and teh thing has been goin great.

But with teh 25% quota thing where does it leave us. We never had any quotas to get into IITs or any med schools.

the present is just trying to vote bank things
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=6019721291975322303
janvi

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:31 am

i guess.. by quotas all that they wanna prove is - there r a few people in india who are in some way or the other lower compared to the rest n need reservations in educational institutes n jobs!!!
are the SC-ST ppl in any terms physically or mentally less fortunate?!? reservations for handicapped makes sense - but this is total distinction...
they want to keep the age old differences to continue so that they can fill up the vote banks at the cost of this division! these politicians are no better than the British who used the same 'divide n rule'! it's abt time we all wake up to this ... !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS   SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAME OLD STORY>>> QUOTAS
Page 1 of 1