Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AnIsHa RaLhAn

AnIsHa RaLhAn

Female Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-28

‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Empty
PostSubject: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:10 am

Once upon a time there was a woman in the history of Indian police, bold, vociferous and indomitable. Being the first woman to have joined India police Service she went on to become apple of the eye for parent of every daughter in the country. Mending traffic rules to her innovative reforms in Indian jails, having bagged prestigious awards and won the title of ‘Crane Bedi’, the lady became an icon and it was in the name which did wonders…

It was then and it is now, the dynamite from Punjab is running from pillar to post to be heard of the injustices she claims to have faced in the so called egalitarian society. Her non selection for one coveted post in the police has brought the lady back into limelight and she becoming the topic of discussion for many an Indians. The sob story of hers seems to have glued thousands of eyeballs but for reasons unknown. A name having been read in textbooks too much, an example of exemplary courage and persona representing modern Indian women often brought up in debates and discussions of women empowerment. Are these reasons enough to out rightly believe in her hue and cry over the non selection? Probably yes for the youth today.

Who’s who…what have we got to do! The attitude most of us have when it comes to opening the knowledge account of politics in our mind bank. Politics, bureaucracy walks hand in hand for some and others are just too busy to differentiate between the two. The Bedi controversy tickled my senses of the fact that we are either indifferent or ‘the good old students’ to carry the image stamped in our mind of the first female in Indian Police.

I remember being aghast and infuriated after having seen the breaking news- A tale of two women, the proud miss president and the baffled Bedi. Like many of the ‘aware’ citizens of society I went on criticizing the government including the prime minister for having committed a crime, in the form of gender bias, for keeping the tradition of throwing truthful and just candidate out of the public service. Standing up for the rights of women and fighting for the cause of justice I fought with my journalist friends, without realizing that the so imposed divinely image of hers is not going to sail my boat in the argument further.

Frankly speaking I had my sympathies and support for Bedi until I was challenged by a friend followed by a tooth and nail tussle, a geyser heated argument which pushed me to investigate her past records or I should say her past controversies. Its not that I am anti-Bedi now, but I surely perceive things in a much more mature and vivid way. And last I would say it’s not about a controversy of who deserves what, which might be newsy for a few days but its about the image creation and perception formation which, most of the youth fall prey to, ending up living a life of ignorance and indifference or being under the influence of good old textbooks.
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:25 am

i soo agree with ya anisha...i was shocked to hear, that the former commissioner held this post 2 yrs more than he is actually supposed to, just to eat away bedi's time......ths proves how scared our politicians and beaurecrats are, to c sumone as courageous, bold and honest as bedi on such a high post..height of injustice....we certainly must do sumthng....bedi very rightly said dat its not her, who has lost the battle, its us, delhiites, who have lost sumthng ...wake up ppl...
Back to top Go down
prateek

prateek

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 9:48 pm

hey even i agree with you on the fact that kiran bedi was a great lady and a mark of courage . But seeing the present political scenario of india , the beaurecrats and politicians have their way in all major decision makings. People who dont care and speak out the truth on face may gain some prestige and fame in public eye but the system ruled by the so called people's representatives throws them out or make their post non functional as in the case of kiran bedi . this country needs a reformer who can sustain in the system by keeping a diplomatic smile on his face and simultaneously do his best for improvement of country's state using the powers can avail while holding some office in the system.

Back to top Go down
AnIsHa RaLhAn

AnIsHa RaLhAn

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:05 am

gud 2 c atleast d youth iz active hereeeeeee
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:03 pm

what happened with kiran bedi was a bleesing in disguise for her...it is better to not have the post than be dictated by corrupt politicians...she would have lost it...no one has ever co-operated with her in changin the system they r too busy puttin her down...
Back to top Go down
AnIsHa RaLhAn

AnIsHa RaLhAn

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 12:15 am

right on pal!!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 am

ady...i think i'd disagree on that...she is one woman who has the guts to be there and change things...i think if given a chance, she could have made a difference...i mean hw can one be so selfish...taht is the problem with indians naa, if me and u stop being selfish and step up for the country's sake, we wouldnt have been debating about whether kiran bedi should have been given the post or not!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’?   ‘A fight against injustice or breaking our myths’? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: General Blogs-
Jump to: