Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Day As A Senior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aanchalsaxena

aanchalsaxena

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-19

First Day As A Senior Empty
PostSubject: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:50 pm

After spending a year in college, calling anyone who’s not in your year as “Ma’am” or “Sir”, I guess one is really looking forward for a change. So were we, and it was a great change. All the second years were looked really excited to meet their fachchas, adding to the fact that we were not having any classes, so had nothing else to do.

New to the whole thing, it felt weird, to be honest. But we looked the perfect, confident (and strict) seniors. My classmates had decided to sit outside the canteen looking like birds of prey. We met a few first years, but they all were rushing for their first classes, and like good seniors, we let them go. Then came the problem: we couldn’t identify fachchas. Hey, there are about two thousand students here, and we can’t know all of them. There was the risk of catching a third or a fourth year student (who might have told us off instead). Like there were these three guys, walking separately, and we hailed them. One of them came towards us, calling, “Kya Hai?”(what happened), and sensing we had called a senior, my friend replied,”Kuch nahi Sir, hum unko bula rahe the!”(nothing sir, we were calling the other two), pointing towards the other two. The whole situation was very embarrassing (and funny).

But, later when the classes broke up, freshers came in droves. And they were caught too. There were the usual intros, singing, dancing, proposing and screaming that a flood is coming. I guess the first years were enjoying it as much as we did, and did not refuse anything, even the strictures on the dress code. We were getting carried away, and then, from out of the blue, the Anti-Ragging Squad arrived. One of them was a prof, and he came on the scene asking my friend beside me for her ID. Sensing trouble, we fled (and were not caught). But those who weren’t ragging, and did not know what was happening, were in trouble. Their ID’s were confiscated, and parents were called. We were VERY lucky, and the josh fizzed out instantly. I guess there won’t be much ragging now on the campus, but more in the hostels (considering more than half of them stay on the campus). And we’re going to make them follow the dress code, of course.Wink
Back to top Go down
gurpreet_bagga

Male Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 8:35 pm

my first day as a senior was gr8 too... all juniors were callin me sir.. i wasnt likin it bt they were making me feel dat i m a senior...
Back to top Go down
aanchalsaxena

aanchalsaxena

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:12 pm

ya, it does feel weird to be wished by absolute strangers and called ma'am............but it gives you a very authoritative kinda feeling.......
Back to top Go down
YUVIKA

YUVIKA

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:54 pm

my first day as senior in my college was same as all others day n v dont hav sir or maam tradition in our college...........so it was jus okay .............nuthin special as seniors.
Back to top Go down
stutiagarwal

stutiagarwal

Female Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:12 pm

had a gud time wid juniors....suddenly became Stuti didi. bonded with juniors over mastibhari icebreaker ragging headed by me.though ragging will b too harsh a term to use....still enjoyed being a senior though ruing d fact that 1 yr has passed so jaldi////
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Day As A Senior   First Day As A Senior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Day As A Senior
Page 1 of 1