Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share your experiences....

Go down 
+23
somya
AnIsHa RaLhAn
romina.madan
pallavi
madhawi.bisht
Reverie
vvijay
SaNkEy
Runjhun
Ritwik
vaibhavab
jayashree
Pragya
dhruvkh
Arjun
pal_nandini
zephed
mervyn.samuel.george
harshita_lsr
YUVIKA
Beautiful Soul
Nikhita
deepanti {ZUI}
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
deepanti {ZUI}

deepanti {ZUI}

Female Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Share your experiences.... Empty
PostSubject: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Well m sure evrybody out here must have gone thru d torture of ragging...
n had sme dreadful or interesting experiences... so lets share them....
n also share sme intersetnig new ways..... wat say!!
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:41 pm

RAGGING...shux that brings back a lot of memories...and all great ones!!!

Like everyone, i was scared of ragging but always knew that i'll handle it cause i am one person who wont take shit from neone....but to my delight, no one gave me any shit of any sorts!! mah seniors at kirori mal were absolutely great....all we were asked to do was sing and dance...all in all..a very non formal interaction!! ya but the only problem i faced was that i was the only girl they could actually get hold of...(mah class has about 12 girls today, our of which 5-6 are total behanjis who wud start crying at the name of singing or dancing...and others joined in a lil late....so i was the scapegoat for the first twwo days...) so everytime they needed a girl to pull sumone's leg...the instant reaction was...nikhita beta...aaja....

only major ragging taht happened in my department...ws at our fresher's....i was asked to act like a male chauvinist husband who keeps beating his wife when he gets back from office (ramnik, this cute guy in my class was made the delicate wife...)...trust me i beated him almost to death...lolz....and dat got me the Miss fresher titile also...yipee...

all in all...i have had great fun being ragged..and den raggin mah juniors this year....and i am still called "the girl who ragged the most" by my juniors....lolzz...
Back to top Go down
deepanti {ZUI}

deepanti {ZUI}

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 4:08 pm

Ragging for girls in my college was nt dat tuff... u know nrmal intros n stuff.... bt the boys had to go thru lot tortures..1 interstin thng dat hapnd wth me was.... my frn's eyes were covered n she was given a thread n a pin... nd i was suppoed to give the instructions ki andar dalo.... upar n niche... aram se... nd gosh was dat embarrasing....
in my 1st yr when i became frns wth few seniors i also got to ragg sme of my own batchmates... n poor thy realised that m also frm 1st yr... dat ws quite fun...
some of my seniors even agreed to get ragged... dumbos... was so much fun raggin my seniors Smile....
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

Female Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 8:16 pm

well take da word RAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you get to hear a lot of ooohssssssssssssssssss n aaaaaaaaaaaaaahsssssssssssn aarghssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! not from da students but from dat damn university ppl!!!!Evil or Very Mad cozzzz they think it is not fair to let the fucchaass have ahrd time the first time they set foot on the premises of a brand new FREEDOM-FILLED life!!!!! WELL i can only say one thing to the authorities......
GET A LIFE PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rolling Eyes Ragging is fun as long as it doesnt hurt anyone...follows da limitation......
MY RAAGING EXPERIENCE wassss fun n humorous......
coz I dint run from it..In fact I was looking forward to meeting our seniorsss........
A preettty innovative RAGGING session I had.......
They divide 20 of ma friends in 2 groupss...and asked to stand behind each other forming a train...they gave us the green signal to run......................
da most SCARY and DARE-DEVIL part was still to come..............Twisted Evil
They ordered the two trains to ram into each other...
Me standing at the starting of the line.................
the mosttttttttt hair-raising RAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!
By Gods grace..............the clash wasnt that hard..............
but it wazz whole lot INTERSTING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomthoughtsbyswati.blogspot.com
YUVIKA

YUVIKA

Female Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:19 pm

RAGGING...........many of us wen hear dis word get a lil bit scared n i was also one of dem!!!!!!but my ragging was really simple as i was just asked to sing n dance..........though i was made to do it several times but i still enjoyed it.
In our college ragging was not so hard because of 2 reasons:
1) my college bein a business college
2) college bein away frm campus
so in all it was fun.......n nuthin special
Back to top Go down
harshita_lsr

harshita_lsr

Female Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Oh dude, we had FUN while being ragged!! We had the usual athanni-chavanni grind, but then started the naarebaazi! Which was fun!

Our seniors also tried to set us a dress code - a shirt and a salwar with its naada hanging out, but that soon became a fashion trend!! Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://tigereyed-hash.livejournal.com
mervyn.samuel.george

mervyn.samuel.george

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 7:34 pm

So he wrote: "What's in a name"

I'll tell you what is.

When your mommiee names you in distinct, symmetrically configured alphabets which are 18 in number, a-n-d a senior lad on the University-Special bus, comes up and asks you to "write your name with your *** in the air", you really know you've defied literature.

"Oh loveliiiieee mommmaaaa, why hath thee so done?"
"Why hath thou forsaken me?"
Back to top Go down
zephed

zephed

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:11 am

I was late for my 'appointment with the seniors'..
As punishment, I got 'spanked' on the bum by a 6 foot tall classmate of mine..

Thats when I scratched my imaginary beard and wondered to myself. " Did I make a mistake by paying the fees in an all girls' college?". Thats when I was nudged by the girl to my right and told "No you didn't, its only for the first day!"
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

Female Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:20 am

ohh harshita that atthani-chhavni grind..even i had that.
and it was damn fun doing it man.................Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomthoughtsbyswati.blogspot.com
zephed

zephed

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:21 am

atthanni-chavanni is one of the most common things in ragging, isn't it??
vague.. but somewhat fun!
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:41 pm

ragging was soooo fun at mah coll!!!!!
nthn all d scary stuff and all...though i wanted mah course seniors 2 ragg me though it was fun wid all dat thumkas and dancing arnd d trees.....lol
Back to top Go down
Arjun

Arjun

Male Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:44 pm

ah ragging.....we had nice ragging...though i dont know how to explain it here (i'd rather not even post it here)..but the general raggin was fun, and i'm planning to take my revenge this year Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

Male Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Oh, for an engineering college, ragging was pretty ok my side..
The admin came down pretty heavily on ze seniors so we were on the whole, quite safe..

I do remember one experience on my one and only train ride (so far) to Manipal.. a couple of us were asked to put up a show and all for some seniors (who I really did not like, blast 'em)..
I was asked to be Draupadi, full with a blanket as a sari and all.. They asked me to name my five husbands..
Being slightly weak in Indian mythology and unable to put 2 and 2 together, I didn't quite make the connection and took some 5 random names.. (I think they were Ashok, Amar, Akbar, Anthony and Duryodhan) they were laughing hysterically and I never quite understood till later
why precisely..
That was a funny experience..
Back to top Go down
http://dhruvkh.blogspot.com/
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 pm

Wow guys..u all had a nice time being ragged..unfortuantely i was never ragged..i know its such a fun.we get to know our seniors..but ya i have ragged my junis..i asked one of my junis to do POLE dance in the DTC bus.and then shout NAWEDA NAWEDA NAWEDA (i.e NOIDA) ..all the fellow passengers had a gr8 time.
Back to top Go down
deepanti {ZUI}

deepanti {ZUI}

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:51 pm

i cudnt raagg mu junis in 2nd yr... bt m gona hv a blast ths tme...
hv already thought of few thngys....
like ring ringa rosses... n tug of d war.... sorts...
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:08 am

hey zui make them sing like Himesh reshamiya...hehehe OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN suroooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..tera tera tera suurrooooooooonnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrr......
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:19 am

pragya...rem deshan doing the ku ku ku ku dance in the special...it was sooo much fun!!
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:22 am

@Pragya
Having to imitate a person like Himesh is sooo derrogatory.. Those poor freshies will leave college and be scarred for life..
Be kinder.
Back to top Go down
jayashree

Female Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:27 am

Our juniors are enquiring about the dress-code for the freshies. One of them had a bright idea:

What about the apron with name tag?

Heeheee. I'd love to know who told him that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.anamedoesntmatter.blogspot.com
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:06 am

yeah niki i remember.hahaha tht was so hilarious..ku ku ku ku....and ya we also asked thm to beg for a rupee....

@dhruv
its for fun..i knw reshamiya suks
Back to top Go down
dhruvkh

dhruvkh

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:11 am

@Pragya
Arre, I know.. was joking only
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:12 am

hmm...so in which college u r
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:14 am

by the way.. my dear samridhi likes reshamiya..she wanted to watch AAP KA SUROOR - THE MOVIE - THE REAL LUV STORY( thats how reshamiya spells it)
Back to top Go down
jayashree

Female Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 am

My friend told me that she'll watch it for sure but in a group.
Guess why Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.anamedoesntmatter.blogspot.com
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:24 am

so that you can make loads of fun...hehehhe....shout and maaro seeti...infact i was thinkin on the saem grounds...and that too to see it at amba...this hall near collg...rapchik hai!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share your experiences....   Share your experiences.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share your experiences....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next