Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Its a Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ankita bhardwaj

ankita bhardwaj

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Its a Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Its a Sunday   Its a Sunday Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Sunday always evokes mixed emotions in me...unlike Saturday when one is looking forward to have a great weekend, Sunday fills me with apprehensions for Monday and after, alongwith the urge to enjoy this last day of liberty to the fullest...almost like the last straw in the hand of a man helplessly sinking in the whirlpool of quotodian life style...but in older times it was different, I was in school and Saturday was a working day. After six days of schooling Sunday looked like a becon of hope, for me it use to begin with parathas and HE MAN and paused with documentries of the National Geographic on Doordarshan only to begin again at 5:00 with vikram-betal and an old hindi movie which was watched religiously by the whole family.....Sunday after Sunday the same thing was repeated but strangely it was much more refreshing than the red wine, cocktails, pubs, beaches and other facilities which life now has to offer....Sunday then was a refreshing drink with me trying to extract its last drops stuck in any remote corner of the bottle......keeping the naustalgia aside, i feel that it is the rise of Friday evening and Saturday which has eclipsed the reign of our great old Sunday or is it the birth pangs of a new week which we dread to enter due to our complicated lifestyles??.......who is it??.....who stole my Santa??.............
Back to top Go down

Its a Sunday
Page 1 of 1