Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female infanticide------sex ratio declining

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
parul.arora

parul.arora

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Empty
PostSubject: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:44 pm

South Delhi- the so called educationally, economically n socially uplifted starta of society has the maxinmum no of female infanticide...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:17 pm

can i know the source of the same??
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:29 pm

The Times of India somewer in december last year....
Back to top Go down
bhumika

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 pm

i share ur concern for the declinin sex ratio's in the country( not just in south delhi)... probably by south delhi u r trying to highlight that, if the rich n educated people continue female infanticides then what is the solution??????

but the prob is u cant change the patriarchal mindset of the people in a short run, which is THE solution to the prob...

for the short run, measures lik not havin the right to kno the sex of ur child, abortion bein illegal should be enforced properly...

for the long run equal opportunity to girl, laws which grant proper equal rights to girls should be put in place n enforced..
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 12:56 am

these are sum really good measures... except for abortion bein illegal i agree to all.... n equal opportunity for girls is the first thing tht we work onto.... abortion i feel is not a social evil but a boon to society as it a solution though not to strong but contributes a lil in reducing the population of the country....

Last edited by on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:09 am

first of all u have typed in adoption instead of abortion, dat soudns a lil weird!!

secondly,

abortion = reduces the population of the country??? dat's sooo lame!! u'll kill a child jus because u care about the population of teh country...if you were so concerned, u should have used protection!!!! i think u really need to go through this poem in the blogs section "the victim" by abhimanyu sarkar...you'll probably realize that foetus's and babies aren't JUST foetus's and babies!!!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:49 am

instead of pin pointed my mistakes... gotto edit and so the same...

secondly, let me remind you protection is not 100% safe... its better not to get a child on earth than to leave the same in an orphanage... at certain times there are genuine problems were abortion is neccessary...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 am

girl, i can't edit your posts!!! think before you put blames on others!! i wasnt pin pinting, i was jus tellin u!

Well i never said taht genuine abortions shouldn't happen...i only spoke about you claiming abortion to be a means of reducing teh population of our country..haven't heard such a obnoxious remark for lyk ages!!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 am

tht ws my view, iv put it across... u finding it abnoxious is nt my concern...
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 3:59 pm

I'm with Nikita on this one.
For all those that are in favour of abortion, is being born in an unfortunate social circumstance a good enough reason to kill a child? Because if it is, we might as well kill half of India which lives in very unfortunate social circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:38 pm

absolutely nachiket (the name's nikhita by teh way!)!!! I mean abortion is in no way a solution to decrease the population growth of our country..there are other sensible ways of doing it..and over and above, i don't think we should in any way be ashamed of our population...more population means more hands and legs to add to the country's human resource...if put to efficient use, the same very population can do wonders, and leave a lot of countried behind in almost everythin!!!
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:58 am

If the expecting mother of the is ready to abort the child then whats the harm in that?After all it would be the responsibilty to bring up the child and nobody else's.Its better than abandoning the child after birth,or worse bring him up as an "unwanted" or abused child....

But abortion on the basis of the gender of the foetus is wrong.
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Female infanticide------sex ratio declining   Female infanticide------sex ratio declining Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:09 am

hehe yea sry nikhita...and smriti are you genuinely saying killing a child is better than him feeling 'unwanted'?

Because if you seriously believe that, there are lots of other people who feel unwanted, we might as well kill them too while we're at it.
Back to top Go down

Female infanticide------sex ratio declining
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: