Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA

Go down 
+10
Nikhita
parul.arora
nachiket
mandeepchadha85
dhruvkh
bhawika
Catty
amrit_jmi
nehagulati
devinair
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
parul.arora

parul.arora

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-26

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:40 pm

defines the resources??? what do you think shud be done???whom would u take to empower the village folk??? do u think anyone living in the suburbs would want to go an educate ppl there.... very few of them.... we have to clean areas around us first thn teach thm.... the question would be u hv not done anything to safeguard ur city and u r cumin here to teach us????
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 pm

girll...if the ppl in teh villages had the brains to question us, we wudn't have to make them aware...

and dun get to conclusions liek who will go...go out tehre and u'll get tons of people who really want todo somethign but don't have a platform..give them a platform, and i guarantee you amzing participation...i said...let's think of a solution,and give people a platform!!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:54 pm

dear ppl in the villages may illitrate but not brainless... in this regard i feel tht the suitable platform is local action...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:58 pm

well if u think they aren't brainless..then why do they rape..and then why do they not accept a victim of a rape...i am not callling them brainless in a derogatory sense...all i am saying is that they don't really know where to use that brain...they don't know teh difference between right and wrong bacause they are illiterate...if the netas can go and convince them for voting for them , then am pretty sure people like us can convince them about looking at a woman as a human and not as a commodity...

wat sort of local action you talkin bout?
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:03 pm

again we r stuck on the village and urban debate....if ppl in urban ares r so willing to bring a change why don they start frm the cities itself...why is it dat wen police asks for a witness we stuggle to find even a single person who can stand for justice...as far as villages r concerned, lets asure them and make them believe dat if they r gonna stand for justice they will be given justice...police is the main culprit....involve more media and make sure dat police is performin its duties
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 pm

i agree with police and our judicial system being a major culprit...but our media is not too great either...tehy too report according to their profit motives these days..if teh media starts reporting the rapes in the rural areas too, i am pretty sure that we'll realise that rural people too dun wanna remain backward always....they need to be the voice of the actual rural india...and not just of the urban elite...

in fact i strongly believe that media can play a drastic role in defining teh change we all are lukin for!!
Back to top Go down
parul.arora

parul.arora

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:15 pm

very well said mandeep... we were actually drifting from the topic... thts exactly wat im saying its the judicial system and the police who should be more vigilant... after a strong work against drunken driving i think it has reduced a lot and if a strong action is taken against rape this issue will also be curbed...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 pm

i think we all agreed that rape is all in the mind of the guilty...tehn how can you say that a strict action against the guilty will reduce the instances of rape??? i thinkw e need a change in teh mindset and in the ideologies, which i believe is a mammoth task...BUT...achievable!!
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:20 pm

yup yup....as far as media's role is concerned...nikhita don u thnk we shld appreciate wat they ve done so far...i mean i agree with the fact dat they tend to pick up issues in such a way dat thier viewershp is increased but its a give and take thng yaar.....tom if they show a poor grl frm a village who was raped several time before being dumped and they bring dat grl to the studio, don u thnk ppl r still gonna watch it and stand for it...yes they will....just dat it ll take time....they still show news bout rapes in villages and all ....i thnk we need to support them and on the other hand also act as a sensible person by filtering the stuff shown by the media which is irrelevant and unfair...
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:26 pm

totally...agreed!!! i am in no ways demeaning teh media..they have been amazingly helpful in all my ventures and have brilliantly helped me and the associated people spread our word...but what i am sayin is this, that IF they decide to take the rural areas liek they take the urban areas...things might just..infact things will definitely get better!! and yea...watching and standing for the right doesn't really makes a difference...action does...so if a villager sees that the media is seriously with them, they will definitely come up!! US sitting at homes, sayign that yea this is rite doesnt really makes a difference to those who are going through it na...but since the media will personally interact with the victim, i am sure that will boost teh confidence of teh diseased,and give them a sense of support and security.
Back to top Go down
nehagulati

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:02 pm

guess 'd agree to what mandeep has 2 say bout d death sentence thin. cuz, raping a woman creates a direct impact on her life, her self esteem n her image in society. n if dey're children, no amount of counsellin will undo the effect of d "sexual harrasment" tht they have gone thru. d sadest part is tht, sumtimes these kids r so small tht dey don't evn knw what happened.... all dey knw is tht it was unpleasant cuz sum1 forced demselves on em....
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:10 am

A death sentence might not completely eradicate rape from happening.Bcoz i don think wen a mans actualy raping he's thinking of the consequence.then that way there wudnt have been any thefts or murders as well.But that aint happenin is it?

the biggest reason behind rape,according to me,is,not even sexual satisfaction,but proving one's strength and manliness over the weaker sex(physically).coz dats the worst u can do to a woman to bring her down.

Cases of gang rape like Mukhtaran Mai in Pakistan,are committed purely to break down the woman's spirit n nothin else.[/b]
Back to top Go down
simrandewan

simrandewan

Female Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:20 am

actually yes, its all about overpowering women.... either death penalty, or we shud have a whole new "ritual" to demoralize n embarass the hek out of these dogs... sum law like the victim gets to choose the punishment, or sumthng like.... " blacken their faces, shave their heads, n expose them to the media n public, insted of throwing a towel or cloth on their face to cover it up..." probably my vision isnt really clear, but v shud do sumthing tht wud make their lives misereable in the society, juz like they do to the victims!!!!
Back to top Go down
Danielle Dsilva

Danielle Dsilva

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:24 pm

but wats the point....? omce the act is done its done....no amount of
punishment n humiliation is gonna change the fact that so n so person
was raped.... i can safely say i absolutely deteste men 4 bein such
a**h**l*s. bein felt up a lil in a bus or havin sum guy stare
endlessly at u is bad enough 2 make u feel so violated n i cant imagine
wat bein raped must feel like.
Back to top Go down
nachiket

nachiket

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:24 am

In the same way, once a murder is committed you can't bring the person back to life but surely there has to be a punishment?
Back to top Go down
mandeepchadha85

mandeepchadha85

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:30 am

agree nachiket. the purpose of giving a severe punishment is not only to make the culprit suffer for what he has done, but also to warn all the devil minds in the society that if they go for such an action, they ll be dealt with very harshly....
Back to top Go down
simrandewan

simrandewan

Female Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:06 am

xaccly.. thats wot i meant... by givin weird punishments... therell b an example for all other bas*****....
Back to top Go down
devinair

devinair

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:59 am

I agree with smriti but its yet another reason for rape but i strongly believe the accused has to be given a death sentence the moment the rape is proved ...but regrettably the law of our country takes ages to do so even if the DNA tests are proved in favour...do you think any girl would come out in the public and make up something as humiliating as this??? our rape laws must become SEVERE...the guy must be punished viciously...First castrated and then given a death sentence!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nishant Rohatgi

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:05 pm

oops.. serious stuff.. tht needs time and too much thought.... castration.. death sentence...aaa..lot of pressure on my rather smallish brain..! but i will come up wid smthin soon..!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA   FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLIRTING WITH DANGER..."RAPE" IN INDIA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2