Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I could be a scheduled caste!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-09

I could be a scheduled caste!!! Empty
PostSubject: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:58 pm

I recently came across a very interesting bit of family news regarding my origins. This one has infact developed into an identity crisis for me. My Great Grandfather’s name ,The Late Lala Chuhadmal ji, invited some giggles and questions from the gathering of the Y-generation of our family.The story that unfolded from my Dad’s bua,ie my Dadi is priceless.
She said that our Great Great Grandfather,The late Lala Nandmal ji had 2 wives and didn’t receive a child from the first wife.He then announced that he would weigh his first born son ,after his birth in foodgrains and distribute,ten times their multiple ,amongst the downtrodden.Halleleujah a son was born indeed!!.He was weighed and the blessings of the scheduled castes of the village,called Chudas,were sought and his birth was projected as their blessing and at a social ceremony ,a Chuda lady presented him to the family,perhaps to invoke God’s favor for more children(read sons!).He was hence renamed Chuhadmal . He also had another name,Bhaskara ,though more popularly known as Lala Chuhad mal ji.
in today’s India (even rich) people(and communities) are competing against others for proving their backwardness rather than their caliber ! here a line,longer than The Great Wall, is waiting and wailing for the inclusion of their caste or families as SC/ST/OBC. Maybe, the opportunity is here before me to secure not just my career,but the future of all my future generations. All it needs is a jugadu SC certificate. The thought arises why should I suffer ?" After all its not my fault that I was born a Hindu Bania male and who was given the benefit of a normal happy childhood and opportunity to work hard to achieve .I am being discriminated on the lines of religion ,sex and caste,everyday,be it in the bus or college admissions.

Thankfully a family above these petty considerations raised me . I find no thrill in building a career and sustaining a livelihood on the pieces of bread thrown by the Government of India . Instead of mourning my birth and wanting opportunities what I am incapable of maximizing . I am proud of what I am and what I can do. Above all I believe in myself and pity each man who is capable but chooses not to do the same.

PS-No offence meant to any peson of any caste.Offence definetly meant to those using improper practices to get to college and jobs.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:42 pm

Great entry Ajay...am sorry for noticing it soo late!!

but one question...what if a SC, who is genuinely poor, believes in himself and wants to study?? i mean he might nt have the resources to do so..in that case what should be done? he is born in a poor family, which cannot afford his education cost..that's not a choice HE made...so....doesn't he rightly deserve a reservation??? so that his belief in himself is strengthened, and hence noticed bythe world too...

i too am against people who go to various extents just to get admissions, but don't you think there are genuinely deprived sections of the society who have no other choice but to remain deprived....don't you think we'd be unfair if we dnt provide them with an opportunity to show their calibre...
Back to top Go down
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm

frankly speaking......i m not anti-reservations per se.....
as far as this post is concerned it hits at people who are well-to-do but get illegal certis made to get opportunities.....for instance at DCE ,i have met people from elite families who went to schools like DPS RK Puram and got admitted . i feel strongly against that practice.

most certainly a persn from middle class backgrnd and BPL level have to be gauged differently.

is the lack of money not the reason why many middle class students lament their not being able to pursue studies in US as against "rich people". most certainly money and status does make ops availible to u and allows ur vision to widen.

i m certainly pro reservations but when mplemented meaningfully.
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:05 pm

great to hear that...i suggest check out www.unitedstudents.in for MIRAA..multiple index related affirmative action..that's reservations accorded meaningfully..do drop in ur comments and suggestions!
Back to top Go down
adi

adi

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 pm

thats a very genuine post indeed.i admire the way u started ur story...real neat!!
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:52 am

Swear man!It seems dat the non-schedule caste/tribe pay for the schedule castes these days...(with all their fee-concessions n all..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I could be a scheduled caste!!!   I could be a scheduled caste!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I could be a scheduled caste!!!
Page 1 of 1