Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

Female Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-06-11

DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Empty
PostSubject: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:04 am

[size=12]The tide is high... the wind is strong... the sea-green water sighs and I just hum along. Head phones plugged in my ears, a tall lanky glass of mango juice, hands resting on my legs, stretching them as far and as wide as possible (Oh! No wonder they are aching now!!!) - A perfect Sunday morning and an all the more perfect beginning for my day. The tunes of the evergreen number ‘ODE TO MY FAMILY’ by The Cranberries was flowing gently in the atmosphere transporting me to a completely different world. I visualized myself as Dolores’ O Riordan, crooning away to glory and reaching on an all-time high. Sticking to the pre-historic mike and having a gala time with the band members, I was totally at ease. No worries, no regrets, only peace and a sense of satisfaction to the core. Just as I was busy collecting all the accolades and applauses from my fans, a blind bird flying way too fast quashed all my day dreams in a split second. Spilling all the mango juice over me, the bird sat on the nearby branch staring away to glory in the vacuum.

Well this is not the first time. It happens with me more than often. Whenever I am relaxed and chilled out, I drift away to a world of my own. It doesn’t stop here but keeps on transgressing every other boundary ever set by God on this earth. I start imagining myself in it and build castles in mid-air which are bound to fall the next moment.

The strumming of the guitar, the beats of the drums, the timbre of the symphony and the electrifying atmosphere... a rock concert live on the idiot box... Oh! It is a paradise for me... The head banging of the rock stars just drives me crazy and then there it is born my dreamy thoughts. I picture myself as the rock star.... the ROCK GODDESS... who is revered highly, worshipped faithfully and cheered loudly. Taking the crowd by storm, I pave the way for a revolution in the ROCK circuit.... Belting out numbers like Smells like Teens Spirit, Pour some sugar on me, Sweet child of mine... I go on and on and on like a never ending river... unstoppable... no one broods, no one jeers, everyone enjoys, everyone cheers...

Just as I was (once again like earlier) receiving all the well wishes of my crazy followers, either the electricity will cut through the charged atmosphere playing a spoil sport in my ‘rocky’ dreams... When will the reality change? When will my fantasy become a reality? When will I stop dreaming and become a ROCK GODDESS in reality? When will that time come? Innumerable questions with vague answers.... Till then these Rock dreams of mine will continue to ‘linger’ in the air....[/size]

BY-

SWATI “DOLORES’ O RIORDAN” PRABHU

Last edited by on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomthoughtsbyswati.blogspot.com
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:07 am

beautiful soul....i havent read ur post here....why? its too long...just a suggestion...break it up into paragraphs...make it easy on the eye....i wud def read it den
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:13 am

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 am

i too have dreams of such a nature....that i am the DJ in control....a tweak from me here...and a break from me there....sets the crowd pulsing to my whims....
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 5:41 pm

and these dreams , you know amrit, surely makes your life 'rocking' though temporarily!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ANUPMA

Female Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 6:43 pm

nice blog...clear xpressions straight coming from ur heart.....nice blog..gud goin....Smile
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:08 pm

yes...though temporarily...
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:10 pm

hey thanks anupama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Torsa

Torsa

Female Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:55 am

Nice one!! rocking dreams, fun to read and can totally relate to it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.torsa-g.blogspot.com
Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 1:34 am

heyyyyy thanks torsa.....................hope my rocking dreamss come trruee one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'   DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DO YOU HAVE TO LET IT 'LINGER'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: General Blogs-
Jump to: