Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LIFE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ishabhalla

ishabhalla

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-05

LIFE Empty
PostSubject: LIFE   LIFE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:11 pm

So I host live shows and that’s how I came across a young girl at an event…k I dint know how young she was then…anyways I meet this sweet girl who is getting married and all excited about it…so while talking to her I found out that she is 20…(a year younger than me) and so is her fiancĂ© and both of them are in second year of college…k so the first shock hit me then…(k I wasn’t exactly shocked but surprised for sure) and they got engaged just 15 days back…so they know each other for 20 odd days (here came the second one) the guy does NOTHING…he has a family business and all that but as of now…he does nothing…(third one)… so k I asked her if she was forced into it and she said no…she was mentally prepared and has no issues…(btw she belongs to an educated rich family…or shud I say baniya family) seeing the shock on my face all she said was im from a baniya family so its like this in our families…so anyways if she has no probs then its cool…but then the next thing which came up was that she will discontinue her studies…I mean its k if u wanna get married young and all that but u are not being allowed to complete ur graduation…hello I mean in which century are u living…and even if her in-laws dint allow her, atleast the guy should have…I mean he is the so called modern guy so why cunt he try and convince his family to let her complete her studies specially since he plans to complete his graduation…n btw she does want to complete her course but all she said was at least they are letting me wear jeans…I mean hello…wearing jeans…studying further or being independent…arnt they DIFFERENT😕 … well all I can wish for her is that she stays happy with the kind of life she has chosen for herself and sometime in life does complete her education…but then again who am I to write so much about someone I hardly know…specially since I don’t know what my future holds for me...No
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

LIFE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE   LIFE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:42 pm

well what you saw is soo common in baniya families....the girls are mentally prepared that they have to get married around 20, and soo are the boys....and i guess the girl is better off...atleast she is being allowed to wear jeans, cause there are households where the girl cannot wear anything but sarees with her head covered throughout the day!!
Back to top Go down
ishabhalla

ishabhalla

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-05

LIFE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE   LIFE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 pm

ya i knw.....
Back to top Go down
ANUPMA

Female Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-07-18