Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE MAGIC OF A BOOK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ankita

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-06-11

THE MAGIC OF A BOOK Empty
PostSubject: THE MAGIC OF A BOOK   THE MAGIC OF A BOOK Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:29 pm

As i am savouring the exploits of Nora robert's sweet revenge, my mates are giving me angry retorts on how big a bore am i , how havent i discovered the deameanour of youth. Saracastic comments rule the room. I laugh inwards, a faint smile colouring my lips at the naviety and sheer ignorance of my dear friends. How they havent discovered the magic of a book!! In a world of technonlgy and plentiful substitutes for pleasure, the habit of reading is evaporating faster than water. I endeavour to elucidate on the intangible magic of books that is far superior and satisfying than the lifeless glitter of the modern entertainment apparatus but my voice is lost in the cacophony.

Hours after the conversation has ended, i am sitting in my room, Robert's magnetism still making me turn page after page, dreaming of it. I wonder where it all began when cupid struck and i fell in love with books. It was not very long ago. I was a part of the whiz kid family, obsessed with new games, new cars and new bikes.( i have more guys than girls, girls too arent interested in books!!). I was like any other kid until one day, in class 4th i picked up a Enid blyton indifferentally. I had hardly crossed twenty pages, when my mind became restless. kidnapping? what next? lovely island? wow. i was inebriated with a sense of urgency to rush through to the last page. Thoughts of will they, wont they dominated my mind. Nothing came near the mystique and the verisimilitude the books had to offer. Every book opened a whole new, unexplored canvas-i was into an incredulous world, imbued with an impetus i had not felt before.

I feel the usual detour that confronts the aspiring book reader is the magnitude and length. They are simply intimidated. They want to climb mount everest without the efoort. I have a solution for the elimination of thier grievances. when you pick up a book, think only of the next page, the next incident. Dont try to read the book at one go because youll end up finally abandoning the book. Remember what oscar wilde said, "No one reads the book to get to the middle, its the end that matters"

set foot in the scintillatin journey. I assure you evry moment will be worth it.Enter in the world of jeffery archer, nora roberts, sheldon and grishsam.And if you are beyond this, enter into the world of powerful polity and precision of godfather, robik cook and others. There's one for every taste. Let them enter you, enloghten you, enchant you.

So if you are burning your eyes glued to the televiosn or the hi tech games or whiling way your time sauntering around, leave these gizmos alone-give the glaring blaring images of the idiot box some rest, go into a room and begin to read. Slowly but surely, the games will seem as gobbledegook, the televison will begin making noise. Believe me, that is the magic of a book.
Back to top Go down
supriya

supriya

Female Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2007-06-05

THE MAGIC OF A BOOK Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE MAGIC OF A BOOK   THE MAGIC OF A BOOK Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:10 pm

brilliantly put ankita...

Quote :
Thoughts of will they, wont they dominated my mind. Nothing came near the mystique and the verisimilitude the books had to offer. Every book opened a whole new, unexplored canvas-i was into an incredulous world, imbued with an impetus i had not felt before.

cud relate to zis particular part completely....u got a nice descriptive style miss...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.quirkysup.blogspot.com

THE MAGIC OF A BOOK
Page 1 of 1