Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interfaith marriages

Go down 
+17
jamshed
smriti d
adi
Runjhun
psyflyinhigh
thoughtstorm
vaibhavab
amrit_jmi
Catty
ankit govil
Ritwik
pal_nandini
Nikhita
ankita
samridhi
Pragya
sparsh_shaggy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sparsh_shaggy

sparsh_shaggy

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Interfaith marriages Empty
PostSubject: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 pm

wts ur comment abt this guys.......
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

Female Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 pm

hey ofcourse if two people are comfortable then why not??and i dont understand why people look for the same caste??why do hey believe in so-called superiority of their own caste..everybody is equal after all.
Back to top Go down
sparsh_shaggy

sparsh_shaggy

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 12:42 am

i knew that i will get reply from pragya......hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:53 pm

as in??how do you know that sparsh?? Smile well strange...
Back to top Go down
samridhi

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:05 pm

hmmmm.. wat about interfaith marriages?if people are cool bout it why shul ne body else have an issue
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:39 pm

yeah sam..thts right..thats what I said...and there should be no problem atall..this is 21st century and such thoughts should be put on the back burner.
Back to top Go down
ankita

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:47 pm

i dont c wats the big deal..i mean when you live with a person ..there r ten thousand things that you adjust with..n interfaith shouldnt make a difference until and unless the couple let it becomes one ..come to think of it, interfaith or same sex marriages, everyone should have the right to choose thier partner watsoever..coz ultimately u have to live with the person.not his religion..
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:14 pm

u kno wat guys now that i thought bout this! it's easy for us to say interfaith marriages r cool.but wat happens when one of the partner has to convert! (it's mostly the girl who makes the sacrifice)
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:19 pm

yes samridhi it is easy to talk but tough to implement..and when a person converts after marriage that means that was not for love they tied the knot..religion should be kept aloof from love..
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm

i like to put it as, 'maybe they loved each other, but they loved their religion more"
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:20 pm

hmm...may be...caste is a biggest hinderance SAM ...be it any area...caste ridden society like ours can never think of anything else..
Back to top Go down
samridhi

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:24 pm

we're talkin religion not caste (though it's equally a social evil)
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:51 pm

religion or caste...whatever it is...it is definitely eating up our country!!
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 7:56 pm

thats right nikhita...under hindu custom there are four castes...then we have other sects and religions.I think people should stop calling every muslim a terrorist..I really pity such people..I think everybody should keep religion and caste aside when it comes to country's development
Back to top Go down
Nikhita

Nikhita

Female Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:03 pm

wrong pragya...he said sumthin that is even worse..."every terrorist is a muslim"

and not just relision and caste....income level and gender too!! if something is not done soon about this, all these evils will not just hinder india's development...but also destroy it altogether!
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 am

i think all ds has already hindered d develpment of india.....d gujjar riots led too soo much destruction of d resources and the economy...if such things goes on happening soon we will be nowhere...
Back to top Go down
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 pm

yes nandini thats what I am trying to explain..well i think its better to have one to one discussion..

as of now lets talk about the given topic - intercaste marriages..
Back to top Go down
Ritwik

Ritwik

Male Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Quote :
as of now lets talk about the given topic - intercaste marriages..

The given topic was interfaith marriages.

I'd go with the overwhelming opinion on this one. There is no problem with inter-religious marriages. Ideally none of the partners should convert just for the sake of marriage, unless they've a strong personal conviction to change their religion. In that case it becomes a matter of choosing one's religion, and it should be treated seperately from marriage.

One of the big "problems" here pertains to the ceremonies of marriage. In case of intercaste marriages, arya samaj temples serve a useful purpose as the preists do not ask for the caste of the bride and the groom, as long as they subscribe to certain basic hindu tenets. In the absense of such a mechanism for interfaith marriages [although I suppose in certain pockets sufi shrines COULD possibly be serving such a purpose] the lovers have no option but that of a civil marriage.

I think progressive elements in society should encourage inter-caste and inter-religious marriages, as this is a sure-shot way of weakening fundamentalism based on the factors of caste and religion. The basic tenet of the continuation of the caste system is endogamy [or marraige within the same caste]. Similarly religions also grow out of endogamous marriages. Children born to inter-caste and inter-religious marriages are an aberration in the carefully-ordered worldview of the conservative, and as such he doesn't know what to do in such cases. Hence the strong opposition to such marriages in many quarters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedstudents.in
Pragya

Pragya

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:20 pm

i agree with ritwik.we should think above religion and caste
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:03 pm

hey ritwik nicely put up...
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:14 pm

coool...so wht i said in context to the prisident polls is being used here.....u dnt need to pity ppl like this....pity ppl who contradict themselves time and again......

wht is ltte.....
maoists...their effect is local...
tell me the state tht comes in your mind whn i say "terrorist"
is it nt j&k??
u ppl are quoting me out of context.....
shittt cliched bt its true...
Back to top Go down
ankit govil

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:20 pm

as of inter caste marriage...im cool
bt i would definitely understand my paremts inhibitions IF they dnt agree
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:27 am

we SHUD think above caste and religion, but we DONT. i personally have no inhibitions 'bout caste and faith, but i can name a number of my frends who DO. i mean, muslims are treated as filth in this country, and only my being in a muslim dominated college made me realize how bad the situation ACTUALLY is. and lets face it......fanatism in india is on the rise
Back to top Go down
amrit_jmi

amrit_jmi

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:21 pm

well i do not mean to disparage this topic but it seems unlikely to me that we will find some1 here who will come up and say that yes marriages should only happen between the same religion or the same caste....
Back to top Go down
Catty

Catty

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:04 am

hear, hear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interfaith marriages   Interfaith marriages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interfaith marriages
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Miscellaneous :: The Discussion Panel-
Jump to: