Campus18 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Campus18 Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Style- to be or not to be?

Go down 
+3
smriti d
jyotsna
Aanchal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aanchal

Aanchal

Female Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Style- to be or not to be? Empty
PostSubject: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 4:57 pm

............She walked down the street, stepping onto a dog’s tail, dropping the grocer’s goodies, bumping into the man of her dreams, but still smiling with sparkle in her eyes and exuding just one thing- “that’s me”!!
- This is what style is, to me!

The word ‘style’ is quite a buzz amongst people irrespective of their ages. Many beg to differ, I am sure.
After having pondered over this word, the best way I could describe ‘style’ is “being comfortable in your own skin” and which is why the title reads- to be or not to be.
There are innumerable fashion/ style magazines available in the market and they all talk about latest trends, latest creations by various designers, latest outfits sported by various models, actresses, who’s who and some unknown ‘look at me (s)’ and most women are in awe of it without really realising it. Do people construe glamour as style? There is a thin line to demarcate the two but there remains a difference. And the difference is just ‘the identity’. To me style is being comfortable in your own skin, saying what ‘you’ feel like, doing things you feel ‘you’ must do, in other words, ‘being yourself’. This kind of attitude is what best describes style. It creates individuality, a persona that stands out from the crowd thus making it ‘stylish’. On the other hand, glamour is a judicious mix of genre, class and style.
Well, yes the word ‘style’ may have different connotations but in its true sense it is synonymous with one’s attitude. Showcasing ‘the attitude’ is very trendy, very hip and very you.
Back to top Go down
http://angelicaanchal.spaces.live.com/?_c02_owner=1
jyotsna

jyotsna

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Shocked hey that was really cool by the ways....very true in fact....people do define it that ways but actually don realise it....sweety u gotta people to think about it for sometime....cool thought....
Back to top Go down
smriti d

smriti d

Female Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:38 pm

hmm...now there's aanchal's "passion for fashion"!!!Cool its really cool!

but i think fashion's just something that 3 italians n a french guy sit decide!!!Neutral
Back to top Go down
pal_nandini

pal_nandini

Female Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

sooo true....
style is all bout being comfortable.....not pretending 2 be sm1 else....
Back to top Go down
simrandewan

simrandewan

Female Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:38 am

exactly yaar... styles sumthing tht belongs to u... u know, to each his own kind of a thing!!!
anywy... for me..." i wear ma attitude"!!!!
wht say?
Back to top Go down
dcemaverick

dcemaverick

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:54 pm

be what u wanna be man
Back to top Go down
nayanika

nayanika

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Style-a rather dicey term to use...for some,its wearing what is in vogue..for some,its wearing what isnt in vogue..For some,it really doesnt matter...The people who really stand apart are those who balance all the above..and be themselves..what u wear is not important..how u carry what u wear is wat matters..n that makes all the difference in the world..u mite look good in a short skirt,but not necessarily carry it off well..
Therefore,wear what u think suits u best...and defines u in more ways than one..rather than just wearing "fashionable clothes"..it has to be a balance between "to be or not to be"...Smile
Back to top Go down
nayanika

nayanika

Female Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:18 pm

@aanchal...kool topic to introduce,btw!!!!very interesting..n onw which wud have diverse viewpoints flowing in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Style- to be or not to be?   Style- to be or not to be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Style- to be or not to be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Campus18 Forum :: Blogs :: General Blogs-
Jump to: